Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Out of the three players i picked up in round 1. Kohli, Ashwin and Shadab. Only Shadab has performed for me so far. Ashwin and Kohli have both been very disappointing

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Everyone should now have an updated team sheet; two selection sheets; 9G, 12G or WS. If you don't update I will use your selections from your last match.

Schedule has been updated to include 9th, 12th and Wooden Spoon play offs. Points are carried forward in the groups. There are some matches that are repeats but that's just the way the seedings work.

Decided to make these neutral grounds rather than have home and away. So everyone will be able to update team selections easily or in one go.

Here are all the matches and grounds in the 'losing' half of the tournament.

I will add this to the first post for reference.

Grassy/Dry
Very Soft
No Cracks
Day 2
Standard
Soft
Heavy Cracks
Day 2
Dry
Hard
No Cracks
Day 3

Dusty
Medium
Light Cracks
Day 4
Grassy/Dusty
Medium
Light Cracks
Day 3
Dusty
Medium
Heavy Cracks
Day 3

Dusty
Medium
No Cracks
Day 5
Grassy/Dusty
Very Soft
No Cracks
Day 2

Grassy/Dry
Very Soft
Heavy Cracks
Day 3
Dusty
Medium
Heavy Cracks
Day 1

Last edited:

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Our choice is made...

43e2b99330de03f1b702b4dd1b9afaa6.png

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
There was a brief, but interesting discussion during yesterday's final match, as to the high number of low scores by batsman batting in the number 3 position. It has me pondering whether to put a lower order batsman in that position, to get more out of my usual number 3. That's Morgan, in my case.

That's risky, of course. That lower order number 3 might stay in, but score slowly, thus wasting overs.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
There was a brief, but interesting discussion during yesterday's final match, as to the high number of low scores by batsman batting in the number 3 position. It has me pondering whether to put a lower order batsman in that position, to get more out of my usual number 3. That's Morgan, in my case.

That's risky, of course. That lower order number 3 might stay in, but score slowly, thus wasting overs.
I'm struggling to think of anyone at 3 who has been consistently good. That being said one of the 100s was Babar Azam at 3.

I've had two scores in the teens, two ducks and a 38. I have had 4 different players at number 3 though.

Edit - de Villiers and Banton have done well - I think they've been at 3.

D

Deleted member 193590

I've thrown RTD to the wolves,because he's been shit anyway :lol
Just hoping moving Ross to 4 helps him get going.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
@beechcroft

I did a little data mining while waiting for my tea to cook.

In our tournament (just Group A & Group B so far) v T20 internationals

Batting Position Average

t20 averages.png

So it's actually the opening positions that are heavily skewed - which doesn't surprise me when you look at how well openers have done. There's only one player in the top 15 run scorers I think there's only Finch and Labuschagne that haven't opened every match - they only missed 3 innings between them opening.

Double the number of 50's for openers though. IRL it's in a similar ball park.

IRL (50s)

1 - 295
2 - 264
3 - 266

D

Dutch

@beechcroft

I did a little data mining while waiting for my tea to cook.

In our tournament (just Group A & Group B so far) v T20 internationals

Batting Position Average

View attachment 232806

So it's actually the opening positions that are heavily skewed - which doesn't surprise me when you look at how well openers have done. There's only one player in the top 15 run scorers I think there's only Finch and Labuschagne that haven't opened every match - they only missed 3 innings between them opening.

Double the number of 50's for openers though. IRL it's in a similar ball park.

IRL (50s)

1 - 295
2 - 264
3 - 266

Amazing stats! Mindboggling dedication.

I have actually discovered that if you add all the tournament scores together and divide it by the average of the real life scores it means feck all.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Amazing stats! Mindboggling dedication.
I have actually discovered that if you add all the tournament scores together and divide it by the average of the real life scores it means feck all.

I'm thinking that Trump's dictum "the fewer people you test for the virus, the fewer cases you have" would be a good model to use.

So I'm going to skip the number 3 position entirely, and change my batting order to 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12th man. Now, no one can say my number 3 made a low score.

Users who are viewing this thread