Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
So.

Any suggestions on how to improve things were I to do it again? I have some thoughts of my own but I'd be interested to know what those who took part (or just watched) think.

No hahah. It was an excellent tournament. The auction was fantastic and we all enjoyed that but of course next time we can assess workload and time efficiency especially on you mate. The tournament was perfectly ran and there was the right amount of games for everyone. Be interested to see what you and others think we can do to improve as I’m sure you guys will make it even better than it was.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The random draft idea could be hilarious especially if we have some real stinkers in the teams...
Yeah, I like the idea of somekind of random round in addition to the draft (which i felt worked better than expected). Think I'd make the minimum of one match per player a mandatory rule too.

Would probably allow people to keep some players but not all. Would depend on how many people continued to be involved and if there was new additions.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hey everyone,

I have a nice little bonus to the bragging rights; 500,000,000 WA$TE BUCKS IN PRIZE MONEY donated by our secret benefactors. The exchange rate for this is 3million VCash.

1,500,000 to @ameyp9 and his P9 Panthers our glorious winners.
750,000 to @Mouseydread and Fire In Babylon our glorious runners-up.
500,000 to @gillyboy04 and Gilly's Grubs our glorious third-place team.
249,999 to @beechcroft and the San Franciso Suckers our glorious fourth-place team.
1 to @NePtuNe Gaming and his team our inglorious wooden spoon winner.

Prizes should be in your accounts. Spend it wisely. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

ameyp9

Club Captain
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
Hey everyone,

I have a nice little bonus to the bragging rights; 500,000,000 WA$TE BUCKS IN PRIZE MONEY donated by our secret benefactors. The exchange rate for this is 3million VCash.

249,999 to @beechcroft and the San Franciso Suckers our glorious fourth-place team.

Prizes should be in your accounts. Spend it wisely. Please let me know if you don't receive it.
Thank you @wasteyouryouth

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey everyone,

Thanks mate, all has been recieved and I'll make sure it's spent well.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
FIB would love a season 2. A chance to make amends for that painful, loss to the Panthers. It was a scandal how that game ended.

Vernon would be first out the door, for me his woeful batting with two overs left sealed our fate. Evin Lewis was a non factor for the team but does have value. Holder , Blackwood, Dowrich, and Cottrell barely played so I'd be happy to see them go but they can do a job so would also re draft them.

While I would have the conundrum of losing possibly two of my valued team members Sunil Ambris and Shai Hope. That would be a price to pay for only being allowed to keep 7 which is reasonable I think.

On the other hand Chris Gayle, Marnus, King Sunil, Kane, Pollard, Rassie, Ashley, and Mitchell Starc must stay to retain the overall personality of the team.

The FIB marketing department would go into meltdown if any of the "magnificent 7" were to leave. Our sponsors would also be up in arms.

Every team in the tournament developed a personality, so it would be good to retain a core of players.

So yes 7 to stay as a maximum and 8 to go would be good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread