Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
The boys are in the dressing room ready to go...some last words of encouragement to the boys....we cannot bat any worse than the warm up can we?

You got that out your system..Gayle, Lewis, Kane, Van der Dussen, Marnus and Mr.Pollard, yes I'm looking at you.

Jermaine Blackwood if one of this lot fails your in next game....Sheldon Cottrell sorry to leave you out son..Starc , and Vernon, c'mon let's bring the fire in babylon!!

Ok lets go!!

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Ahead of tomorrow's opening Group C clash against 12 Fine Legs the Glasgow Grubbers captain Will Porterfield spoke to the Glasgow Cricket Paper...

river

Reporter: So Will, you're the last team to play in the opening round and you've seen every other team play so far. How do you feel the opening of the tournament has been?

WP: It's been a great opening round so far with some great cricket played and we're looking forward to getting underway and making our mark on the tournament.

Reporter: Obviously the key question is how you feel about taking over the team after Ravi Bopara was stood down after the weekend's warm-up loss?

WP:I'm just looking for the boys to have a good game. We can't worry about the weekend or what happened after the game (rumours of a bust up between Owner of The Glasgow Grubbers Wavelberry and Bopara), all we can worry about is what happens on the field and we're feeling confident and I am feeling privileged to lead them.

Reporter: Opening stands and opening batsmen have been playing a key role so far. Are you up to the challenge?

WP: I've been around for a long time now and know that getting off to a good start is vital and it helps to have someone as good as Mo (Mohammed Shahzad) at the top of the order with me. I've got confidence we can get off to good starts.

Reporter: T20 is all about batting depth as well. Do you have the depth to compete?

WP: If you look at guys like Mahmadullah coming in at seven I think you can say we've got a good looking team. Kraigg (Brathwaite) at five as well shows we don't just have bits and pieces players playing.

Reporter: Is that a dig at Ravi?

WP: No of course not. Ravi's had a fine career, maybe not internationally like me, but he's good at what he does...

Reporter: Okay. A lot has been made about the bowling stocks lacking an X-factor and talk about Stuart Broad being past it. Are you worried he is too old for T20 now?

WP: I've got no worries about Broady. He wasn't great in the opening game but he's got quality and if we hadn't had wasted the review on Mahmadullah then maybe we could've done something. Broady will always get my backing... and the review.

Reporter: You seem a bit chippy Will

WP: I'm fine. I just don't see why you want to talk down the only decent thing to come out of Glasgow since a Munchie Box.

Reporter: Okay, finally, what can you tell us about the pitch tomorrow?

WP: Well, first of all I'm really glad they air-lifted The Grange out of Edinburgh and dropped it in Glasgow. Now that's a drop in pitch, am I right?
*silence*
WP: Anyway it's a hard and true pitch and we'll back ourselves to win out there no matter what.

Reporter: Any worries about the firepower at the top of the opposition order?

WP: Buttler? Sharma? Those bottle merchants? Nah. I think we'll just play our game and we'll see that the weekend was a mistake that was caused by poor leadership and move on and have a successful tournament.

Report: Will Porterfield... thanks...

WP: Whatever.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Slumped in the dressing room after losing in a tight game to the Montreal Midgets.

The pace bowling of Philander and Starc gave away about 20 runs too many on a standard top. Which probably was the difference.

Narine, Holder and Pollard bowled well but the batting lineup really under performed after looking comfortable with Gayle and Williamson at the crease.

It looks like Vernon Philander is going to be dropped after a p*ss poor performance with the ball and when needed to swing his big bat near the end with the target still in reach he fannied around with Shai Hope in an agonisingly slow chase.

My vaunted lineup just threw it away but it has to be said the Midgets bowling was tight and the fielding outstanding.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The final game of the day was a pretty tense affair. One of the tournament favourites showing once again that they can't chase down a total. Montreal Midgets showing AGAIN that they can defend a modest total (167 defended in the warm up).

It was cracking match.

1028630_20200428214927_1.png 1028630_20200428214929_1.png 1028630_20200428214930_1.png 1028630_20200428214932_1.png 1028630_20200428214933_1.png

I have started keeping some stats, thanks to those who did offer (if I can't be arsed I will possibly ask you to take it on if you still want to).

Here's a few to keep you interested:

Jason Roy 112* (56)
Tom Bruce 96 (56)
Kusal Perera 87 (54)
David Warner 74 (53)
Mayank Agarwal 73 (40)

Liam Dawson and Shubman Gill 285.7
Theunis de Bruyn 281.8
Corey Anderson 266.7
Shimron Hetmyer 220

Shaheen Afridi 4 fo 25
Chris Green 4 for 28
Shadab Khan 4 for 32
Sunil Narine 4 for 34
Krishnappa Gowtham 3 for 61

Aizaz Khan 1.00
Andre Russell 4.0
Shoaib Malik 4.3
Adam Zampa and Lasith Malinga 5

Only Zampa has a wicket of those. And Alastair cook snubbed poor Aizaz Khan after his six balls.

Average total 173.5
Average wickets 5.3
Average Run Rate 9.3
Average powerplay total 55.6
Average wickets lost in PP 1.3

Best powerplay P9 Panthers 62/0
Worst powerplay Lockdown Losers 44/6

Best total Trump's Fringe 211/2
Worst total Lockdown Losers 111 all out

I'm 90% sure I won't stream tomorrow. So it'll be Thursday for Group C matches. I'll put the pitch reports up tomorrow.

Thanks again for all those who stopped by to watch today, I'm having a lot of fun doing this and could definitely see me wanting to try and keep it up beyond just this tournament in some form.

Updated the schedule https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ErlaNV2Qw6TEusa4C-eQXcK6MUrtVmTpFBddrPaOvg/edit?usp=sharing added a link to the post in this thread with scorecards to the Match Number if you want to easily find that. I will occasionally unshare the sheet but it should be there to view most of the time.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
The final game of the day was a pretty tense affair. One of the tournament favourites showing once again that they can't chase down a total. Montreal Midgets showing AGAIN that they can defend a modest total (167 defended in the warm up).

It was cracking match.

I have started keeping some stats, thanks to those who did offer (if I can't be arsed I will possibly ask you to take it on if you still want to).

Here's a few to keep you interested:

Jason Roy 112* (56)
Tom Bruce 96 (56)
Kusal Perera 87 (54)
David Warner 74 (53)
Mayank Agarwal 73 (40)

Liam Dawson and Shubman Gill 285.7
Theunis de Bruyn 281.8
Corey Anderson 266.7
Shimron Hetmyer 220

Shaheen Afridi 4 fo 25
Chris Green 4 for 28
Shadab Khan 4 for 32
Sunil Narine 4 for 34
Krishnappa Gowtham 3 for 61

Aizaz Khan 1.00
Andre Russell 4.0
Shoaib Malik 4.3
Adam Zampa and Lasith Malinga 5

Only Zampa has a wicket of those. And Alastair cook snubbed poor Aizaz Khan after his six balls.

Average total 173.5
Average wickets 5.3
Average Run Rate 9.3
Average powerplay total 55.6
Average wickets lost in PP 1.3

Best powerplay P9 Panthers 62/0
Worst powerplay Lockdown Losers 44/6

Best total Trump's Fringe 211/2
Worst total Lockdown Losers 111 all out

I'm 90% sure I won't stream tomorrow. So it'll be Thursday for Group C matches. I'll put the pitch reports up tomorrow.

Thanks again for all those who stopped by to watch today, I'm having a lot of fun doing this and could definitely see me wanting to try and keep it up beyond just this tournament in some form.

Updated the schedule https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ErlaNV2Qw6TEusa4C-eQXcK6MUrtVmTpFBddrPaOvg/edit?usp=sharing added a link to the post in this thread with scorecards to the Match Number if you want to easily find that. I will occasionally unshare the sheet but it should be there to view most of the time.

Yeah take all the time you need mate. It’s been fantastic mate absolutely brilliant. I’ve made a temperate for a stats sheet so I’m more than happy to continue it. Was thinking round by round basis I could show the sheet. Might have to nick some of your stats if that is ok. Just giving you one less burden in what is an amazing job you are doing and have done as well as with everyone watching and playing!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah take all the time you need mate. It’s been fantastic mate absolutely brilliant. I’ve made a temperate for a stats sheet so I’m more than happy to continue it. Was thinking round by round basis I could show the sheet. Might have to nick some of your stats if that is ok. Just giving you one less burden in what is an amazing job you are doing and have done as well as with everyone watching and playing!
Anything anyone wants to record and share in the thread is fine by me.

Especially inteviews @Wavelberry :lol

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After training very well last night, a surprising late selection has sprung up at The Twelve Fine Legs HQ.

The coach lamenting him as a genuine dark horse, potential game changer for the tournament:

panthanai.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread