Lucky VS hard working, cricketers

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I?m not saying all cricketers are not hard working, or anything like that. Ofcorse you need to be a real hard working man/women, to reach the international stage with some good luck. There are few cricketers who try to work hard and improve their game while playing baldy. However, there are some, who?ve got so much luck, and they just become, without soo much effort. (i'm not talking about talent)

The most hard working cricketers V the most lucky ones.

Mark Ramprakash, IMO is the most hard working crickter.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Mohammad Sami was hard working, but extremely unlucky.

I gotto agree on that one, Sky magazine actually had his picture on the magazine in ICC champion trophy 2004, days, saying how important player he was to Pakistan Bowling line-up. But we expected abit too much off him, don’t you think?

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I expected a lot from him. He bowled about 90 miles per hour and was capable of bowling well. When I saw him a few years later his bowling speed dropped quite a lot and was not as good as I'd expected.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
by looking at his test average compared to his first class, I heard the guy was like the leading run scorer in English county like in 2007? I think that anyways. 30,956 runs and 99 centuries. Thats amazing IMO.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
by looking at his test average compared to his first class, I heard the guy was like the leading run scorer in English county like in 2007? I think that anyways. 30,956 runs and 99 centuries. Thats amazing IMO.
How does that make him hard working, doesn't that rather prove mental fragility and a weakness against high quality bowling?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I knew that was coming, but doesn't that mean he is unlucky not to be playing in English side, as much as he should have? are you saying english county bowling is crap?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
County bowling doesn't even compare to the international bowling of South Africa, Australia, India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan (presuming they have less than three major stars injured). We must also consider that Ramprakash plays half of his games at the Oval. I do think he is mentally fragile too, after all, how long is it taking him to get that 100th FC ton?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know how long it's taking him, All i know is I've never seen so many numbers beside centuries on wikipedia before, I was.. amazed, and though that he'd have worked really hard to get there, but been unlucky at international stage.

Sureshot

Executive member
County bowling doesn't even compare to the international bowling of South Africa, Australia, India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan (presuming they have less than three major stars injured). We must also consider that Ramprakash plays half of his games at the Oval. I do think he is mentally fragile too, after all, how long is it taking him to get that 100th FC ton?

Manee is right, as a batsman he is one of the best in the world, but mentally he has weaknesses. A big shame.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Hard work doesn't neccesarily translate into results. I suppose the only fair judge of 'hard working cricketers' would be to single out the crickets who are obviously the most supremely fit of the international scene, and also those that are the big performers, and so the names that strike me are the likes of Brett Lee, Michael Clarke, Matthew Hayden, AB De Villiers, Mark Bouchers etc.

Although this depends entirely on your perception of 'hard working'.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Luck all the way and not just with cricket. With many of the jobs in the entertainment business such as sport and performing, etc, you need a bit of luck to go your way. If it doesn't, you can work as hard as you like, you'll still get nowhere in all likelihood. I don't go with this 'the harder you work, the luckier you get' crap and I speak from experience. Working hard is necessary, especially in something like Cricket, or other sports, there is no shortcut to success, but you do need a bit of luck.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Mohammad Sami was hard working, but extremely unlucky.

He was a bit too hyped up though. He played a lot against India and got literally hammered by Sehwag and Co.
Iam yet to see him swing the ball on a consistent basis.

India2011

Club Cricketer
Mohammed Kaif is hard working but extremely unlucky. I mean, being dropped after scoring 147* and a brilliant tour?

Users who are viewing this thread