Luke Ronchi quiting Australian Cricket for NZ

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Western Australian wicketkeeper Luke Ronchi will pursue a career in New Zealand in a bid to win a place in their national side. Ronchi has told his Western Australia team-mates of his decision and he will finish his commitments with the Warriors this summer before heading to New Zealand next season.
Australia news: Luke Ronchi to pursue New Zealand career | Australia Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Interesting, could still make the test spot if Walting struggles. However he would only be a short term option at his age. Could be useful for ODIs if McCullum gives up the gloves there.

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
His recent form has not been good and he has been out for ducks on many occasions.I doubt he will be selected to represent New Zealand and his age is also 30 and New Zealand would prefer to have a younger guy.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
His recent stats are pretty horrible, but I expect he'll lift his form at the perfect time to co-incide with his becoming available next January. Could be interesting.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I can't believe he made that decision by himself - Issac Luke must've twisted his arm.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Nah McGlashan should be above Ronchi.

On form Ronchi has it all over McGlashan in 50 over cricket, he is almost averaging 60 with 2 hundreds (Khawaja is the only other one that has 2) at a strike rate of 105. And McGlashan hasn't played in ODIs since 09 so I doubt he even in the frame.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Chewie will come to his senses one day and realise McGlashan is crap.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Nz have McCullum & Watling atm anyway. Latham looks the goods too so don't see a place for Ronchi to be honest.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Yeah recent form = crap. But this dude can hit a cricket ball. Has a few amazingly explosive innings on his resume, and has played for Australia. If Ronchi gets his mojo back, then NZ have a steal here.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, written in October 2009 his cricinfo profile says:

Born in New Zealand, he is a man Australia will be thrilled to call their own over the next few years.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The HRV Cup will probably be on at the same time, so he'll have to go back and forth like the McCullum's and Vettori did this year.

Users who are viewing this thread