Mafia - Janitorial 2.0 - Game Abandoned

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry, I couldn't think of any other open setups that I could make with more players so this is a 10 person open setup. The game starts with a lethal Night 0, with the following roles. (Anything unclear, post and I'll clear things up).

Setup Roles:

Town:

3 x Villagers - No night role, power of a vote

1 x Doctor - Each night, can save a player of his choice. Can save the same person in consecutive nights, can't self save.

1 x Cop - Can investigate a player each night, gets an INNOCENT or GUILTY report.

1 x Miller - Will appear guilty on cop reports, appears as a villager to themself. If NIGHT KILLED, they will be revealed as miller. If LYNCHED, they will be revealed as mafia (nilla).

1 x Oracle - Each night can send in a name of a player. If they are killed that night, the player they have chosen will be revealed.

Mafia: (Mafia choose kill as a group, therefore every mafia role can technically kill)

1 x Mafia Goon (Nilla) - Straight forward, no night role

1 x Janitor - Once per game, they can choose to clean up the kill. The janitor will learn of the dead player's role, and the dead player's role is not revealed to anybody else (Janitor can share the role of the dead player the following night).

1 x Lawyer - Each night, can choose one mafia partner (Cannot self target). The player selected will appear INNOCENT on cop reports should they be investigated.

So okay, that's the basic setup. For a basic scenario that clears up two technical issues surrounding this setup (What happens when Miller is oracled on + What happens when Oracle is janned)

Say P1 is Janitor, P2 is Oracle and P3 is Miller. P1 kills P2 and cleans up the kill. P2 uses his oracle ability on P3. P2 will die, with his role not revealed however everyone will learn that P3 is a Miller (not Villager). (Thus, if oracle is janned, then you know it was the oracle).

Rules:

1) Once you die, you cannot post.
2) No talking at night
3) Mafia may only discuss at night. If the mafia TALK in the quicktopic during the day, that player will be MOD-KILLED, no exceptions.
4) If a mafia dies, they aren't allowed to post in the quick-topic either.

Players:

Alive:

Sulaiman7
yashdude101
Varun
Simon (now Mr Nokkaya)
User2010
Umair2000
P Squared

Dead:

thedon5 - Killed Night 0
Abhas (now thedon5) - Lynched Day 1
surendar - Killed Night 1

Replacements:

1) puddleduck
2) RPHKR
3) Yudi
4) Mr Nokkaya

Also, I can post a basic strategy if people are unsure on a valid way to play this setup and a few tips. (This is a very balanced setup but it could be very one-sided if nobody knows how to play it properly).

Last edited:

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Great to see the Miller, Janitor, Lawyer and Oracle return to PlanetCricket. :D
In.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Count me in :)

RPHKR

National Board President
Also, I can post a basic strategy if people are unsure on a valid way to play this setup and a few tips. (This is a very balanced setup but it could be very one-sided if nobody knows how to play it properly).

None's experienced, so just post the strategy.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
This is the setup used on epicmafia right? I played my first game there, got a gun and killed the town first thing.. :p
In

----------

Ah no, this doesn't have the gunsmith, but sounds very interesting.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
IIRC this is the second most played setup on EpicMafia.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I am in as a spectator :P

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I really want to play this one but from time to time will be unavailable to post for a couple of days. Even then only in evenings UK time.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ah no, this doesn't have the gunsmith, but sounds very interesting.

I was gonna do Armed & Dangerous instead but it was only 9 players and it's heavily mafia sided especially since noone knows how to play really.

IIRC this is the second most played setup on EpicMafia.

Not quite. Classic, reverse (I'd host that but it's more a fun setup which goes really quickly and involves strategy rather than scumhunting since you just nl most of the time), fool training. But yeah, this setup is the main running setup in comp, which I hate. I refuse to run on it.

And okay, well strategy:

Night 0 - Mafia should kill and clean up kill. Lawyer should be on the nilla mafia, but may be on janitor.

Day 1 (9 players unless doc save, town has one mislynch) - Be careful about uncc'd roles. Oracle is the only role that would be clear if uncc'd. Normal strategy involves cop outting. Janitor should probably cc cop. Janitor may let cop go uncc'd to make the real cop look bad or if they jan doc since they can just kill the cop the next night. If cops are cc'd, lynch between cop cc's. If cop is uncc'd, for the moment, let them lead a lynch but be cautious. Decide later on the game if the cop is real. Or you can test cop's guilty. Remember, miller and lawyer will definitely appear as guilty, and nilla mafia will likely appear as innocent. Therefore if you test a guilty who appears to be nilla mafia, there's a likely chance they are miller.

Night 1 - If cop is lynched, doc should be on townreads/real cop's innocent report, otherwise should be on the cop. Mafia can go a variety of ways, whatever suits the strategy they want to play.

Day 2 - If real cop was lynched the previous day, lynch the cc. Otherwise out. Doc and Oracle out if necessary and scumhunt + use reports.

The game is pretty straight forward. Town has one mislynch and thus should lynch everyday (For this reason, not setting timelimits on the days). PR's claim when they feel necessary, apart from the cop who should out day 1.

----------

I really want to play this one but from time to time will be unavailable to post for a couple of days. Even then only in evenings UK time.

I'll put you down as a reserve then. Otherwise activity will be pretty important.

And RPHKR, are you playing?

----------

I played my first game there, got a gun and killed the town first thing.

What's your username? abhas?

Users who are viewing this thread