Mafia01 - Classic Mafia - End Game - Mafia (Zhuorb and Swirler) win

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's fair to say the Mafia killing me and the Doc not saving me made things tough from there on in seeing as how I ended day 2 with Swirler and Zhuorb as my two main suspects.

Througout the game Zhuorb accused people of doing what he had just done, it was fairly obvious I thought :p The whole burden of knowledge thing you talk about echoed very strongly with him and Swirler.

Still, well done Zhu indeed, he was smart enough to keep Barmy alive seeing as you have admitted to having your suspicions elsewhere.

ved_

International Coach
Haha cheers guys, thanks for the compliments. By the way puddleduck, we did not take you out cus you were a new player, along with sedition, but just because you seemed to be doctor. Sedition was a random pick for the first night kill.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I know, that's why you bleedin' killed me ha Hence the doctor failed when he didn't use my obvious baiting to save me :(

Doc second night should have either tried to save Barmy or Me, there were no other options.

----------

As I said, you often quite blatantly posted what you had basically just done haha.

You even mentioned my soft-tell as doctor that told me you had actually killed me. You were also the only person to try and put suspicion on me the second day, and to me when I died it meant you had to be mafia or doctor. If user knew he was doctor at this point, he should have known you were mafia.

ved_

International Coach
Yea, anyway you did well to cover up for the doctor, now back to IPL. The KXIP vs RR match is having an interesting turn at this point of time.:D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Think the doc did target me night 2. It was always going to be really tough when we lost the cop night 0.
Classic mafia doesn't have a lethal night 0 so this was effectively 6 player mafia where the town had no cop.

ved_

International Coach
@barmyarmy, yes classic mafia does have a lethal night 0 (actually night 1). Most of the time on EM we mourn the death of a doctor and a cop. It almost practically ends in a mafia win.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I would buy the excuses if I hadn't figured most of it out by night 2 haha. If the doc had saved me instead of Colin we'd have won :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
@barmyarmy, yes classic mafia does have a lethal night 0 (actually night 1). Most of the time on EM we mourn the death of a doctor and a cop. It almost practically ends in a mafia win.

Surely day 1 comes before night 1 so the town has a chance to lynch before the mafia gets a kill.

@puddleduck - personally I blame everyone else. ;)

ved_

International Coach
No point in the doctor discussion anymore. Thing is, this was a pretty good game, even after the cop died night 1. I would like to have another game of this (maybe run a game) of classic. You're kinda wrong barmy, in EMthe nights come first, then the day. So, if mafia does not kill night 1, this game ends up with a mislynch, making it too townsided.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
More importantly... when does the next one start :)

User, Colin had to be town. He's not stupid enough to have used the defence he used as Mafia as he'd literally get voted off in every game after that.

ved_

International Coach
Honestly though, on a serious note, I would actually like to run a game of classic. This is an easy setup to mod.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I'm in which means you can guarantee the game will be active for at least a day before I get killed haha

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Okay since it's official and I've had no opportunity to post my thoughts at all, bastards, here's the events from my perspective:

Cop. fearsome tweak yeah. Now I'd been following the previous mafia game and Zhuorb was a pretty active and confusing guy, so I figured it would be in my best interests to investigate him first. I didn't get the result however, since I was killed.

Where I may have slipped up: I was first to confirm my role and after a couple of days waiting for night to end, I checked Zhuorb's profile to see if he'd been online since he didn't confirm (penalty kill for him imo).

Day 1's write-up looked like it was confirming to me that Zhuorb was mafia, but I dunno, maybe it's just a stock write-up and I was reading too much into it. When Zhuorb then came in with his no lynch and huge suspicion fell on him, I thought he was definitely going to the gallows, but I was quickly forgotten about and no lynch prevailed.

I believed Colin was genuine when he said he wouldn't have killed me without a chance to post and Puddleduck screamed town also (wtf doc? :p). Swirler quickly identified himself as mafia in his first post and didn't do anything to convince me otherwise :p So for awhile there, it looked like we had this game despite losing the cop, but it all fell apart and even my suspicion shifted from Zhuorb to User in the end.

And that's about it :p Well played Zhuorb.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I'd say your key moment Zhu was having taken me out, you had also already once turned on Swirler which probably put you in a good position to then confuse User, Barmy and MaD. This was especially true when your main accusor was lying with the fishes and the guy who investigated you stumbling into his own death :p

----------

Oh and another point, well done Swirler too :)

You became the obvious target as goon, and I think you played your role well enough in that you actually did put FOS on Zhu using my last dying posts. In doing that, and seeming so obviously mafia to most people, you probably made a lot of people discount Zhu at the same time as ignoring my fairly well thought out reasoning. This probably helped them to finger User.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah swirler completely made it seem as though User was with him, and User kinda helped him...

I think Zhu's turning point was being the first to lynch swirler, and when swirler came out mafia... good sacrifice there, well played Zhu

Users who are viewing this thread