MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
After winning the first season of the PCPL the time has come for me to lower my role with the Manchester Monkeys.

However I will not be selling to the highest bidder, in fact no money will change hands for the ownership, instead I'm going to run a series of tasks to determine who is worthy of taking over the PCPL's strongest team.

Think along the lines of The Apprentice, but for managing a cricket team.

A unique number between 1 and 100:
Why you think you could manage the Monkeys (about 50 words):

I'll close signups when I think I have enough to run this competition.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
A unique number between 1 and 100:
Pi-w.gif

Why you think you could manage the Monkeys (about 50 words): Because I'm the best at life. And my life, is cricket. And I used to live in Manchester. And, I come from the land from which a guy accused a guy of calling him a monkey. So, I am perfectly matched with the ideals of the Manchester Monkeys.

Oh and btw, will I be able to keep my captaincy role over at CC and still own this team? I don't see why not, but the PCPL mods are awfully strict around here...

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
A unique number between 1 and 100: 27
Why you think you could manage the Monkeys (about 50 words): I really think I should own Manchester monkeys as I am their PCPL winning captain and I am very dedicated to the team. Also I will ensure we bring in new and great players so we can blitz everyone else. Giggity Giggity ftw!

Cheque's been sent.

DPRA

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
A unique number between 1 and 100: 23
Why you think you could manage the Monkeys (about 50 words): Well, I have quietend down recently, and I have been more visual at the Manchester Monkeys, I now know who bats the best where, and with this in mind, I can get us our second win in two years.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
My number: 14
Why I should manage: As a Monkey already, I know what goes on within the team and have the insider knowledge of the team. I also have a lot of cricsim experience, having played with the Melbourne team since the very start of cricsim. My knowledge and experience is what will allow me to be successful.

shalin_hitter

Club Cricketer
my num:9
I would like to run Manchester because I feel I am really worthy and capable to handle the best PCPL team

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Now that I've decided on a model I'll explain what will be happening: Each of the people who sign up will be given a team in the Manchester Cricket Cup, a Thirty30 competition. The teams will be given the same amount of imaginary cash to spend on big name sign ups and then fill up a team by selecting from an imaginary pool of regular players.

The competition will be a short season in a round robin format, everyone will play everyone once. So the more people sign up the better it will work out.

The rest will stay a secret until it is time for it to happen, but expect a few twists along the way.

I'm hopeful for at least 8 people signing up, though the higher the better.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A unique number between 1 and 100: 58
Why you think you could manage the Monkeys (about 50 words): I'm a very activer cricsimer for normal cricsim, origin and PCPL. I get along with most people in Planetcricket and will do everything and anything to get Manchester active. I've desperately wanted to own a team and I obviously wont give up on the team.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia

The following teams have expressed their wish to be part of the MCC and are hoping to have someone manage them. Everyone who signed up can now pick their choice of team on a first come first serve basis. Once everyone has a team, I'll move on to the player selections part.

Stockport Stingers
Warrington Warriors
Oldham Ostriches
Huddersfield Hawks
Bolton Badgers
Kirkby Kings
Ramsbottom Rangers
Delph Dolphins
Bramhall Bees
Lymm Lions

(for those wondering, with my lack of knowledge of Manchester I just looked at a map of the general area and grabbed convenient town names)

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Bramhall please :)

Can I relocate them to the city center? Market Street Magicians! :p

Users who are viewing this thread