Mar 23 - Pakistan v West Indies (Quarter-Final 1)

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Odds from bet365

Pakistan v West Indies - Shere Bangla Stadium, Dhaka

Pakistan should be able to win this but as we know with Pakistan you can never be sure. Wonder if Akhtar will play...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
He didn't play in the past two ODI's. Also he announced his retirement. Not sure whether he was rested for this match or just was passed, like the media is suggesting.

Gayle and Pollard are the key wickets. Roach and Russell are the best West Indies bowlers.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^He has been dropped for last couple of games and I don't think team combination that toppled the might Aussies will be changed a bit. Personally I would still have him over Riaz. He was nothing special in the last match. Akhtar can do a better job than him.

----------

Knowing how our batting susceptibility against left arm spin, I think Suleiman Benn will be the most lethal bowler against us.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Smith has stood up of late, add one of Gayle or Pollard firing and you have a decent total. The bowling will be the tricky part, luckily they have the inconsistent Pakistan batting lineup.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
And unluckily they've got a firing Pakistani Bowling.It'll be a good contest between Our bowling and their bowling on paper we look strong and i think the result will also reflect that

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wont mind if WI finish off Pakistan.:p

But the chance of an India-Pakistan final is also tempting. Whatever happens here wont matter much to me.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
If I would be in Afridi's place, I would surely take Shoaib in my team instead of Riaz. I would also like to let Asad Shafiq open the innings with Hafeez, Kamran Akmal should come down at No.6.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Riaz or Akhtar? Akhtar is the gamble. He could win you the game, but with Gul bowling so effectively with the new ball and his partner being Rehman/Razzaq its hard to find a spot for Akhtar.

Other than that debate, I am still quite tempted to play Ajmal. Assuming we make it to the semis, and so does India, I feel Ajmal will be a bigger threat to the Indians as compared to Rehman. Ajmal still pips it up ahead of Rehman for me.

The batting, though inconsistent picks itself. One change would be to get Razzaq ahead of Afridi, unless its the last 5 overs of the innings.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think Pakistan should try sending Hafeez lower down the order and try Asad at the top. He has shown good technique and grit to qualify as an opener.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I don't think the winning combination will change. Though I have heard that there is chance of inclusion of Saeed Ajmal as Westindies have 4 to 5 left arm batsmen.

As far as Akhtar is concerned, I don't think he will get a chance now. Afridi does not want to change the combination much.

I believe that chances are equal. And Pakistanis should not set their expectations high because windies are also an un-predicatable side. And its been a long since we have played against each other. It would be a good test for both teams.

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Pakistan will be under pressure. WI are the underdogs here. Might just topple Pakistan.

:D

6ry4nj

International Coach
This game is literally Pakistan's to give away. Don't see any other way they can lose.

Don't read that as a prediction of the result though :lol

Users who are viewing this thread