Mar 23 - Pakistan v West Indies (Quarter-Final 1)

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Two very unpredictable teams. Pakistan will be favourites, but they will also be favourites to lose in a highly confusing manner, West Indies have shown similar "skills" recently in the tournament, most notably against England.

I'll be watching with great interest, I'd be a fool to make any prediction on who will win though!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
WI wins toss. bowls first. Pak sets a target of 290. WI chases with a over to spare..

just a wild prediction :p

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Two very unpredictable teams. Pakistan will be favourites, but they will also be favourites to lose in a highly confusing manner, West Indies have shown similar "skills" recently in the tournament, most notably against England.

I'll be watching with great interest, I'd be a fool to make any prediction on who will win though!

Same reason for me not to bet on this event.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I don't think so that the pressure will be on Pakistan. Rather it would be towards westindies having a tag of under-dogs and coming at number 4 position in the group. Pakistan's morale definitely is very high because of a big confidence boosting win against Austraila.

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Very unpredictable match. Law of averages says that Gayle is due for a big one. If he, Bravo, and then Pollard fires at the end, then it's bye bye Pakistan. Pakistan's bowling mainly relies on Afridi and Gul. You never know when Gul will have an off day. Methinks it will be tomorrow.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Think people are over-rating the windies ability here a bit. They have too much players out injured & their last two defeats pretty much shows are much they are missing those players. Thus PAK should really win this fairly easily IMO.

Windies however would be crazy not to recall C'Paul for this game & im hearing suggestions that D Bravo can keep temporarily, if that is that case he should take over from Thomas.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My Pakistan line-up would be:

Hafeez
K.Akmal
Asad Shafiq
Younis Khan
Misbah
U.Akmal
Afridi
Razzaq
Ajmal
Gul
Akhtar

However, I don't think they will recall Ajmal and Akhtar.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
At best they would bring one change, two seems exceptionally risky and foolish, considering how well the bowlers did against the Australians.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Pakistan are usually my second team but I am finding it difficult to support them in this match because they play before India. If India played first and won their match, I would support Pakistan, no question.

I think Afridi is due another good game here after that spectacular start to the tournament. He better do well. He's my captain in Fantasy :p. I have him, Gul, Gayle and Roach.

Users who are viewing this thread