Mar 24 - Australia v India (Quarter-Final 2)

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Odds from bet365

Australia v India - Motera Stadium, Ahmedabad

India probably weren't expecting to face Australia so soon but one thing is for sure, many people will be angry when either of these teams lose... especially if India loses.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Indian batting has to cope with pace and Australian spinners have to handle spin. Whoever so does better in that regard will win the match.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I am checking the odds of other matches and this is the closest one. One Indian quick wicket and the odds are almost even.

Here is the scorecard of that warm-up match: India v Australia at Bangalore, Feb 13, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

From that warm-up match 5 Australian players won't play.

Batting first does have an advantage, so I don't know what will happen if Australia bats first.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
For India to win, India have to bat first and put up a decent total and hope Australian batsmen crumble against our spin. I don't expect us to chase 250+ in such a pressure game.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
This is not topic related, but people have been watching or will go watch the New Zealand matches during the whole night? I can understand it they only would watch a summary.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I would say India will be safe if they can make 300, we aren't the best chasing team and everyone knows we struggle to score quickly against the spinners.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Aussies for sure go Aussies Go

Just they have to do is to bAt first and make 260+ and Indian batting will collapse in front of Pace of Lee and Tait and Krejza has been also in good form .

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For non-NZ matches such as this I just follow it on Cricinfo until I go to bed. For NZ matches I normally stay up longer and watch it on tv, but I don't stay up the whole night. I don't think the others do either, but some of the NZ guys at CW do I believe.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
For non-NZ matches such as this I just follow it on Cricinfo until I go to bed. For NZ matches I normally stay up longer and watch it on tv, but I don't stay up the whole night. I don't think the others do either, but some of the NZ guys at CW do I believe.

I've attempted to stay up for the matches but checked out around 2am. Will definitely do my best to stay up for the whole of this match.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I feel India will chase in this match, and CHASE SUCCESSFULLY!!! Australia are a tough team to play against, but somehow I feel India's method of pressing the accelerator might just work well for them.

Ashwin should absolutely play, I would drop Munaf who has been absolutely pathetic and brings down the morale of the other fielders too. Its ok to give more runs away through the bowling of Sreesanth but Munaf's fielding is reaching ridiculous levels. One of the worst ever cricketers of India. Sehwag should come in for Yusuf and Raina should remain.

P.s: Being in Chennai right now, it will be fun watching the knockout and the final moments of the World Cup at the proper time. Starts at 2:30pm, its nice for me.:D

Users who are viewing this thread