Mar 25 - South Africa v New Zealand (Quarter-Final 3)

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Odds from bet365

South Africa v New Zealand - Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Well... you just never know, South Africa might choke.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sincerely expecting New Zealand to win this, South Africa may choke. Taylor and Brendon McCullum need to score big here.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Everybody thinks this is going to be an one sided match. But of the last 6 ODI's between these two teams New Zealand has won three ODI's.

Not bad at all.

Good news for New Zealand is that Vettori will come back.

Chewie

BCCI President
^ I think it's better news that Mills is going to be back, rather than Vettori back. Mills has been much more effective this tournament and if we want to win, Mills and Southee will have to take advantage of the conditions.

I'd back SA to beat us, but I think it'll be much closer than the odds suggest.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The match is going to be played at Mirpur. Seeing how Pakistan outplayed West Indies with their spin, Vettori is going to play a huge rol in it. Also Nathan McCullum. Jeetan Patel could have been a handy player in these circumstances.

Chewie

BCCI President
The only thing Jeets' good for nowadays is commentating...

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
^not really.

Everybody thinks this is going to be an one sided match. But of the last 6 ODI's between these two teams New Zealand has won three ODI's.

i'm pretty sure the last time nz played sa in an odi was the 2007 world cup and since then both teams squads have changed immensely.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The head says South Africa, while the heart says New Zealand.

You just get the feeling one of McCullum or Ryder are due a match winning knock though, a bit like Taylor was against Pakistan.

Guptill's been solid all tournament, but he continues to struggle against quality spin. I'm guessing Styris will get wasted again down at six, when he's a number four/five.

I'd like to see someone like Oram promoted to have a slog in the powerplay assuming they open with spin and get one of Guptill or McCullum early, I'd say it's worth a shot, as it's unlikely he's going to be much use at 8/9, especially since we've already got Franklin, McCullum, Vettori and Mills down there.

Chewie

BCCI President
Styris is supposed to be batting at 5 this match; at least that's what most reports have said.

Oram being promoted wouldn't be a bad idea. He is wasted down the order, mostly because unlike McCullum, Mills, Franklin and Southee he can't tee off immediately - he requires a small settling in period before he can make his shots. When he has tried to unleash early on in his innings (in the first few balls) he always seems to miscue it

ferg512

International Coach
Good old McCullum is sure to pull us through, always gets himself up for the big games. 203 runs against the minnows and 36 runs at 12 vs the test nations :facepalm

venom2011

Club Cricketer
Well I find it silly to reflect on the past to give weight to current predictions. In years gone by NZ had the upper hand in one department and that was spin. But in the current setup SA have the top 2 ranked ODI batsmen and the most complete bowling attack in the tournament. I think there's just too much firepower for the Kiwis this time. If each team plays to their ability SA should win.

stefan

International Coach
Should win it if we perform to our best and nz performs to their best. No worried about conditions our squad covers all the bases as far as I am concerned. Just need to concentrate.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
BAs callum said.. Heart with newzealand but proteans will pull this off..

My dad's friend said that india and England are fixed to play the finals so you never know who qualifies

Users who are viewing this thread