Mar 26 - Sri Lanka v England (Quarter-Final 4)

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sri Lanka are definitely favourites, but then England cannot be written off and have done okay against the bigger sides in the tournament.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
i really dont think Eng or NZ having fire power to stop Sri Lanks walk to the final. as far as i can see India or Pakistan is the only challange

Params7

International Cricketer
The toss and Swann will be key. England batting will probably need a freak show from someone scoring 100+ if they want to put up a stand against Murali, Mendis, Malinga.

SL are easy favs here but from the way the WC has progressed so far, there's no point in writing teams off right now.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sri Lanka are definitely favourites, but then England cannot be written off and have done okay against the bigger sides in the tournament.

You say OK? Are you serious?

They have done awesomely well against the top side and have shattered against the minnows!!

So England should go with full confidence they have done well to tie against India, great bowling against South Africa & great come back win over West Indies

Sureshot

Executive member
You say OK? Are you serious?

They have done awesomely well against the top side and have shattered against the minnows!!

So England should go with full confidence they have done well to tie against India, great bowling against South Africa & great come back win over West Indies

Good results, but the performances haven't been consistent. Bowling vs India was saved (sort of) by Bresnan and the batting struggled against SA and the batting should have seen us home from the position we were in against India.

I just don't know what to expect from England. We've got good enough players in the side, plenty of match winners, but knockout stages are rarely about talent but mentality.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Finally the day is here and we can settle the English debate. So far they have beaten the Test sides but had shockers against the Associates. Tonight we will see if those wins were indeed flukes or the English stepping up when it matters.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I think that SL has the upper hand but I really wanna see England pull an upset. An England/New Zealand SF would be very interesting as both teams are heavily flawed.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
hope england can pull of a upset, would be easier to play against England than Sri Lanka in the semi's.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hope england can pull of a upset, would be easier to play against England than Sri Lanka in the semi's.

Yea that's my thoughts as well. The only reason I'll pay attention to that match is to see who we're facing. Sri Lanka at home would probably result in a worse ending than our last encounter with them in the WC...

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I'd love to see England winning it. few reasons:
-Facing New Zealand/England in the final for both India and Pakistan will be easy than to face Sri Lanka.
-Sri Lanka has Sangakkara ;).

Users who are viewing this thread