Mar 26 - Sri Lanka v England (Quarter-Final 4)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am sure both Pakistan and India would be praying hard for England to win. Sri Lanks is easily the stronger opponent than either of England or Kiwis.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I agree. Common England beat Sri Lanka today, if Sri Lanka is out of the tournament today then the world cup is surely ours. :D

P Squared

International Coach
I think England's gonna win today, which would be great because if SL gets knocked out it makes our path to the cup easy.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I was hoping Sri Lanka would cruise through England, then upset Saf in the semi's.. but with NZ pulling off a great win, I would love to see NZ vs. Eng on one side and India vs. Paki's on the other.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Today England will win its fixed.. India vs England finals at Mumbai where the result of the tied encounter will be known
:D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If the English take out SL then it'll be hard not to like their chances. They would have taken out 2 of the pre tournament favourites and they drew with the favourite.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
If Pakistan can somehow take India down, they will be unstoppable in the Finals. Its easier said than done though.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
looks like every ones thinking SL will loss and ENG will win, sounds so funny as well. lts see. il be here after the match and hope you all would turn up as well :cheers

Last edited:

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Should be a cracking contest. England will try their best to beat SL and on the other hand SL need to cope with the pressure of being favorites on their home ground. Murali will be the key player, his performance will decide the fate of either sides.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
England better win this , else i am getting a special 'birthday-bum' from my friends . Have already experienced it once yesterday after India beat Australia . So , England , save my ass !!

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
^So how many friends exactly do you have ;)

Around 20 are ready to finish my ass off . Thank goodness , only 5 contributed yesterday .

----------

Here's a sample of what it is . i am the one who records this video and gives the last kick :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Around 20 are ready to finish my ass off . Thank goodness , only 5 contributed yesterday .

----------

Here's a sample of what it is . i am the one who records this video and gives the last kick :D

mate, save some money :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:

Owzat

International Coach
Three out of four semi-finalists are from Group A, perhaps reflected in how much more clearly decided that group was and much earlier.

England CAN win, but I don't fancy their chances. Too many of the players who were already here have underperformed, the replacements lack experience. Perhaps instead of reducing the ODI schedules England should increase them BUT use them to blood players instead of wear their Test cricketers out....................... :rolleyes

My XI

Strauss - 329 runs @ 54.83
Trott - 336 runs @ 56.00
Bell - 220 runs @ 36.67
Morgan - 70 runs @ 35.00
Bopara - 110 runs @ 36.67 & 2 wkts @ 20.50
Prior - 56 runs @ 11.20
Rashid - n/a
Swann - 60 runs @ 20.00 & 12 wkts @ 20.67
Bresnan - 41 runs @ 10.25 & 9 wkts @ 29.89
Tredwell - 9 & 4/48
Tremlett - 3 & 0/47

Not much we can do about picking Prior, that mistake was made before the aussie series was over. You could risk Dernbach over Tremlett (and Anderson), any one of them could do well or badly so I'd give Tremlett another chance (at least he has bowled, but not had a chance to fail fully like Anderson)

Could we give the gloves to Morgan or Collingwood? That would be the only alternative option I could come up with, gives an extra batting slot but we have more bowling back-up than batting with only six batsmen to choose from yet four seamers in a World Cup where you are more likely to play 2-3 spinners :thumbs

All the batsmen bar Collingwood have good averages, but hardly surprising considering we've played a couple of minnows and scored 296+ three times with an average total of 267/8 off 48.5 overs.

I hope we prepare properly for the next World Cup, I seriously doubt it because the selectors/ECB haven't woken up to the fact we need to and are too far behind the leading countries in ODIs when we were once one of the very best.

England

World Cups 1-5 : Runners-Up x3, Semi-Finalists x2
World Cups 6-9 : Quarter-Finals x1, Super 8 x1, Groups x2

in 1996 that Quarter-Final was reached without beating a Test nation. England reached the "super eight" in 2007 in similar fashion, losing to New Zealand but beating Kenya and Canada. In the "super eight" England lost to Sri Lanka, Australia and South Africa, beating just Bangladesh, Ireland and West Indies so little better than beating one decent side all World Cup.

England have been a shambles for years, while England may be arguably better than average in Tests, they are well below (Test nation) average in ODIs.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I just love the attitude of Sangakkara.. He looks so confident but hope it does not hurt him..

Users who are viewing this thread