Mar 29 - Sri Lanka v New Zealand (Semi-Final 1)

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
all my V cash on SL. kiwis will give us a better fight for sure!! But i don’t think they have fire power.... but no disrespect for kiwis :yes

Auwais

International Coach
The Kiwis love punching above their weight in World Cups but this might be a bridge too far for them.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Kiwis will have to play out of their skins again. Remember they struggle to win in semis.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I don't think quality wise sri lanka have quite as much as south africa but in total contrast to them they are ruthless and focused. They don't often get beat by weaker teams, they usually thrash them.

NZ need someone to really stand up if they want to win here because collectively sri lanka have all the cards.

Their advantage could however lie in the fact that dilshan and tharanga knackered themselves against england and only have 2 days to recover (of course this means jaya and sanga the real cream of the sri lanka batting line up will be fresh as daisys). this is on top murali's hamstring which seems to be hampering him more and more as the tournament progresses.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Off course it'll be a treat to watch two asian giants final and i'll be surely happy no matter whoever wins it :D

Spot on brother, that?s why I love matches with Pakistan, you always end up happy or not so sad at the end of the match :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
^^ So much brotherly love going on!! :rolleyes

Wait till it's broken up :p

Hoping Newzealand to win to lose off some peoples ego but again I am saying Srilanka will win it!!

But always you can hope that Newzealand wins it! They have capability and they have shown against the Africans!! Great bowling, they need to click with the bat and they could easily take that Wankhade revenge :p

Go Kiwis

(Waits for Lassana Dias to attack now :spy:rolleyes)

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
SL are LOCKS to win this. NZ hadn't ever won a knockout match in a World Cup until last week - and that was only because they were playing SA, who ALSO have never won a knockout match. Someone had to break their streak of ineptitude. So basically NZ are the 2nd worst chokers :p

That said, I'd love to the see the Kiwis win here.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Last WC's semi final's between these two teams scorecard

1st Semi-Final: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Kingston, Apr 24, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Might some player have been changed but i don't think the result will be :)
yeah, I just read jayawardena's column mentioning this 2007 SF. pretty modest of him not to talk about himself because I remember that century he scored there and it was fantastic. genuinely one of the best one day innings I've ever seen. wickets were falling all over the place and he only scored 15 or so runs off his first 50 balls preserving his wicket, then he added almost single handedly added a 100 runs to their total in the last 10 overs. under that pressure it was genius.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
^^ So much brotherly love going on!! :rolleyes

Wait till it's broken up :p

Hoping Newzealand to win to lose off some peoples ego but again I am saying Srilanka will win it!!

But always you can hope that Newzealand wins it! They have capability and they have shown against the Africans!! Great bowling, they need to click with the bat and they could easily take that Wankhade revenge :p

Go Kiwis

(Waits for Lassana Dias to attack now :spy:rolleyes)

well even if NZ wins. Ind have to get pass Pakistan. and you must agree that getting past pakistan is much more diff then SL getting pass NZ. but if you do and NZ wins ,,, worldcups yours :cheers .... you dont know nothing about me dude :rolleyes

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
SL are LOCKS to win this. NZ hadn't ever won a knockout match in a World Cup until last week - and that was only because they were playing SA, who ALSO have never won a knockout match. Someone had to break their streak of ineptitude. So basically NZ are the 2nd worst chokers :p

That said, I'd love to the see the Kiwis win here.

How are we chokers? We've lost all our semifinal appearances, yes, but that doesn't make us chokers. We're never in a winning position in any of those games.

Users who are viewing this thread