Mar 30 - Pakistan v India (Semi-Final 2)

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
It is never as simple as that, when Pakistan are playing mate. We beat Sri Lanka and Australia, teams who were easily expected to beat us, and we lost to NZ. You have to throw the equations out when Pakistan play mate. ;)

Precisely why I would like us to beat the Windies first and then focus on India/Australia.
I said india will win because obviously they have the home advantage (which really hasn't kicked in, but it might during the quarters/semis), and the pressure of Pakistan playing in India will be massive and i honestly dont think they will be able to handle it.Pakistan play spin well and so does India, so the difference between the two teams is batting, and on paper India's batting outclasses all the teams in the world. India's fielding isn't very good but Pakistan's is atrocious.

And if either of them do reach the semis India will be the confident one of the two because on the back of their mind they know that they've beaten Australia.Yes you guys did beat SL and Australia but those weren't must win games this game is different if you lose you are out, so i'd like to reiterate taht india will win this (albeit a narrow margin).

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When the tournament started India were the favorites and Pakistan in the opinion of many great players and commentators were not even in the Top 5 contenders for the cup. India has performed slightly bellow expectations still not to shabby but pakistan has certainly surprised everyone with their form in the cup.

As of now id say if India has the advantage of the best batting lineup in the world , they also have the disadvantage of of fielding the weakest bowling attack to go in the quarterfinals. On the contrary Pakistan have a pretty much below average batting side (specially when compared with India) but a good bowling unit.

IMO it will be a pretty much 50-50 clash. If india have home pressure....same can be argued that Pakistan choke to India under pressure in world cups all the time.

If Pakistan have momentum India know what they can do. ....... for the first time in ages that we have a team which seems to be stronger than the Pakistani side. For ages Pakistan have had brilliant pacers and good batsmen, now they rely mostly in Gul and Akhtar is not what he used to be. No Akram, No Waqar, No Aqib or Sami. Also they dont have a spinner in the mould of saqlain or mushtaq ahmed. Afridi has improved by leaps and bounds but he still is nowhere near as the them two. Whereas India whoose batting used just revlve around Sachin and later got a slight boost with Ganguly and Dravid but still the bowling was kiddie stuff compared to the Pakistanis. We are now playing probably the best batting unit we have ever assembled. Sehwag alone is capable of humbing any opposition today. When on song he makes sachin or even the jayasuriya and afridi look like test batsmen in a One day match. add to that Virat and Gambhir are a brilliant players on their own. Technically better than any Pakistani Batsmen. Sachin and Yuvi are in superb form. Dhoni is a much better stumper than kamran and is one of the best wicketkeeper batsmen the subcontinent has ever produced. Raina and Yusuf are fantastic finishers. Bowling is the only weak link, but here also Zak, Bhajji and Ashwin are decent enough. They may not be in the best of Form but it takes only one match to change it all.

Knowing that we have better team (at least on paper) will give team India the self belief and the X Factor to win.

Also after beating Aussies, if that happens.....Pakistan will be taking on a very confident indian side. Lets be civill and see if this match takes place or not.

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This World Cup has been fixed. ICC wants Pakistan to win. Australia, India, Saffers, England, no one si ready to do it. There has been a lot conspiracy and even chaos is going on on from last week. ICC and BCCI both are going in other directions. Three editions of IPL were also fixed under Lalit Modi, from this year, there will be no corruption in terms of IPL. The loss which were shown during first editon of IPL, were all fake, no franchise has walked into loss. I got this whole info from one of my close ones, who is pretty much associated with Cricket Association and even very to close to minor details.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
This World Cup has been fixed. ICC wants Pakistan to win. Australia, India, Saffers, England, no one si ready to do it. There has been a lot conspiracy and even chaos is going on on from last week. ICC and BCCI both are going in other directions. Three editions of IPL were also fixed under Lalit Modi, from this year, there will be no corruption in terms of IPL. The loss which were shown during first editon of IPL, were all fake, no franchise has walked into loss. I got this whole info from one of my close ones, who is pretty much associated with Cricket Association and even very to close to minor details.

Sure Pinky.....but for your information it is India who is the economic powerhouse that pretty much runs cricket worldwide and greases the wheels that runs ICC, so im pretty sure if a preposterous thing like fixing the world cup were to happen, India would have thumping wins over all other teams. Also cricketers in India so much richer, thanks to endorments and IPL, I dont think that they will fix a match for anything less than immortality. I mean cmon..folks like Sachin and Dhoni are not millionaires...but billionaires.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I am not even sure what you are trying to argue WC. How does the IPL come into this all?

King Cricket

International Coach
I wouldn't want India to face Pakistan in the semi-finals because of the simple reason that the hype and expectation enveloping such encounters can be too much to bear for a team that is already tottering under batting collapses, appalling utilization of powerplays, bowling woes and captaincy blunders. And, in a hypothetical situation, after beating Australia and exacting the revenge of 2003, if we suddenly cower before Pakistan and crash out of the tournament, it will be extremely disappointing. A game against a side which we smoked just yesterday sounds much better.

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Avroneel, just shut up. You have no reason to be bitter about Australia losing to Pakistan. YOU ARE NOT AUSTRALIAN.

Params7

International Cricketer
lol I'm not worried about it. Something happens to our batsmen when playing against Pakistan in Word Cup tournaments. I'm just worried about Australia.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@King_Cricket: I absolutely agree with you. If at all India Pakistan Semi Final takes place, the one responsible for his side to lose it will be blamed even after his death for a small mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread