Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
While everyone awaits the new Ashes Cricket game, allow me to jot down some joyful experiences of probably my last test in DBC17.

Context: 2nd test of India(me) tour of South Africa.
Tour so far: India won the first match by an innings thanks to a mammoth first innings score of 700+. (This was on Pro - coz that's what folks here suggested has the best balance for test matches)

Current match:
Bumped the difficulty to Veteran, just 'coz.
Day 1: India wins the toss and bat on a pretty good batting track and score around 400+ in 80 overs. Now the fun part begins. Bhuvneshwar takes the new ball after scoring a rear guard 50 to recover from a middle order collapse and first over goes the good old out-swing, out-swing, out-swing followed by in-swing which gets edged to second slip. So, a wicket in the first over - a nice way to re-create my own video gaming joy and take my mind off all the amazing Ashes videos I had been watching for the past week.

In comes Umesh Yadav from the other end, swinging the ball back into the lefty and even before I needed any variation, he castled the opener with one that took the inside edge. Great, two in two. With probably the best SA batsmen, Amla and AB, seeing the remaining overs of the day off, I had my work cut out for next morning.

Day 2:
Lo and behold, Bhuvi strikes in the first over of the morning getting one to nick to 8th slip - yes, 8th slip. Out walks Faf who cautiously tries to settle in. Not playing many but as soon as I introduce Jadeja's spin, he mistimes a tossed up delivery to covers. 4-down and I can smell blood.

With ball not swinging anymore, I decide to offer some chin music. 8th slip moves to short leg and right on cue Umesh, fastest of the lot, gets AB to edge one which gets gobbled by short leg. But before I started celebrating, I realized he had overstepped. A total - what have I done - moment there. But I'm still in the driving seat so after a small short bowling burst by Pandya, I bring in my best bowler, Ashwin from the other end. AB straight away attacks him. Anything flighted and he would be down the track in a second. But given the strong position, I stuck to my guns and eventually got one to drift enough to beat AB in flight and before I knew it, he was stumped, stranded feets outside the crease. Poor guy didn't even attempt to get back in crease, probably still contemplating his - what i have done moment. Haha!

Now the world's best spin duo was at work but not quite with Jadeja bowling to lefty and Ashwin to righty. I kept it tight and waited for the right opportunity. Eventually, I got De Kock to face Ashwin and in a matter of 4 balls, he nicked a dusra to a flying slip fielder. In comes an army of lefties and Ashwin kept having them for the brunch.

SA are now 8-down for about a hundred runs with all sorts of dismissals in there. A few in slip, 1 in covers, 1 at mid off, 1 bowled, 1 stumped, 1 (almost) at short leg (ughh, the no-ball).

Overall: A fitting last experience with a game I so enjoyed playing. I know lot of folks had a lot to express their disappointment about but I just am not one of them. I have always loved cricket games right from Cricket 2000 to DBC17. Played most of them and have been able to extract enough joy to satisfy my dosage of cricket video gaming.

Its a shame I didn't come around to playing career mode, which I thoroughly enjoyed in DBBC14 but that wasn't enough to stop me from enjoying this game in general.

Here's a hoping Ashes Cricket reaches new heights and becomes a huge success. Success huge enough for BA to have enough resources to continue building these games and probably success enough for other Devs to enter this niche and provide a healthy competition overall.

@BigAntStudios You can be very very proud of what you and your team have accomplished. Best of luck for the next one that (hopefully) arrives tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 193590

Ok so I was pissed that my Cricket 19 experiment didn't work,so I went back to my favourite version DBC 17,and these things happened.Can't understand why they are missing from 19.

Users who are viewing this thread