Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Krokenoster

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Finally. Day 5, Session 1, and India has decided to declare with a lead of 532 runs.

Their second innings were a bit more active, with us getting 5 wickets, and not just 3 like in their first innings. This time around, none of their batsman reached a score of 100.

So basically a day left of batting defensively for me, and going for the draw.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Having finished the England Worst XI Tour (may write up the rest of the Limited Overs bit when I have a chance), I'm playing a Test Match League (yes 6-ball overs!) with the All Time Best sides - all 10 Test nations plus All Time Associates.

I'm playing the Aus v Associates match, and just had the absolute best session of real Test Match batting. 86-2 off 29 overs at lunch. Just absolutely brilliant.

2ic6ES6.jpg

Struggled in the afternoon session and twice lost 2 wickets in the space of 2 runs, scored a little quicker especially once in the tail, reaching 208/7 at tea off 57 overs.

DgWNgOA.jpg

The Associates bat deep (Snyman 37 FC Ave with 5 tons batting number 9, Nabi 26 FC Ave with 2 tons batting 10) and Cooper was well set. Unfortunately Cooper missed out on his ton, out for 91, but i took the score up to 276.

DdUs4v5.jpg

Will bowl tomorrow.

Also, I'm using quincy's 90s test kits and sponsors, but for the Associates I am using one of his WSC kits (78/9 I think) and made a Bank Of America / Nike sponsor in honour (honor?) of their American captain, Bart King: I think it looks swell.

N67gXI0.jpg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Do you get tests running into five days Blocker?

what's up above is literally all i've played of it :)

but no, i don't think i've ever had it go beyond day 4, but usually because my batting is shite and i'm out in 40-odd overs!

Krokenoster

Club Captain
What a match, really enjoyed it, even though I was the worst team. Managed to pull off the draw at least, but got a little worried closer to the end.

Starting the second test match today. India won the toss again, and again chose to bat first.

Hopefully this time around, and can get more wickets out of them.

Match Summary.jpg India 1st Innings.jpg WI 1st Innings.jpg India 2nd Innings.jpg WI 2nd Innings.jpg

Wealey

ICC Board Member

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Afghanistan-flag.png
versus_logo_zps902a8215.png
Australia-flag.png

at

4328035705_477a750e9e_z_zps75cb1f8c.jpg

Hope Afghanistan put up a better batting performance & be little more competitive. With all the butterflies and emotions flying around I hope Afghanistan come out as a settled unit in 2nd ODI to be played at Melbourne Cricket Ground.

216260_20160529004841_1-png.167297

216260_20160529004846_1-png.167296

216260_20160529002649_1-png.167298

216260_20160529004853_1-png.167295

Played on Veterans Mode difficulty & High Pressure hack

Krokenoster

Club Captain
Finally got round to finishing the 2nd test match.

India(AI) vs West Indies(ME)

This time around, I decided to NOT set the field for the AI, to see what the difference would be in my run rate, when they set their own field.....As you can see, that was silly. I was scoring runs way too easily. From now on, I will set all their fields for them.

Their first innings was pretty much the same as the 1st test match scoring 551-7. This time I was able to get more than only 3 wickets though. lol.

India 1st innings.jpg

W.Indies came back, scoring very quickly, and ending with 598-10.

West Indies 1st Innings.jpg

2nd innings for India, and boy was this a fun innings to bowl. Wickets came very rapidly compared to their previous 3 innings. And there was almost every type of wicket.

Really had fun with this one, and was able to dismiss them for only 278, while still having more than a full day of batting to reach the required score.

India 2nd Innings.jpg

Again some quick scoring from us, since the AI field placements leave open space very often, and we won the 2nd test match.

West Indies 2nd Innings.jpg

Overall, a fun test match to play, from the second innings onward.

Match Summary.jpg

West Indies leads the series 1-0, with 1 more test match to be played. Will be starting with the 3rd match today.

Krokenoster

Club Captain
On a side note, in this match, most edges came from bowling at the 4 meter mark. I believe that was why the wickets were falling slow in the first innings, since I was mostly bowling around the 6 meter mark, and very seldom at the 4 meter.

Will see if things change in this 3rd test.

Krokenoster

Club Captain
India (AI) vs W.Indies (ME)

3rd test match :

Totally unexpected outcome this time around. India won the toss, and sent me in to open the batting.

I batted patiently, to try and build a solid 1st innings. Lost a few silly wickets, and didn't reach the score I was hoping for, but still felt confident.

WI 1st Innings.jpg

India was up to bat next, and boy was I baffled. These guys could not come CLOSE to their batting form compared to the first 2 test matches.

Can't say too much, the scoreboard says it all. They could not bat, that's the bottom line. Loved the fact that this match, was completely different from the others.

India 1st Innings.jpg

India 2nd Innings.jpg

Ind vs WI Summary.jpg

West Indies wins the Test match series 2-0.

Up next, is the 5 match ODI series.

I am thinking of playing each match on a different difficulty level, too try and compare them all. But will see how things go.

Krokenoster

Club Captain
India (AI) VS West Indies (ME)

1st ODI match Pro level

We won the toss, and made India bat first.Their wickets started falling from the first ball. And they could never really get something going.

I have to say, I am disappointed with the amount of caught and bowled wickets that have been falling lately. 4 in this match. Which kind of breaks the match for me.

Anyway, we beat them by a mile. Pretty boring match if I have to be honest. The edges was nice to see though.

Ind VS WI Summary.jpg

India Batting Innings.jpg

WI Batting Innings.jpg

Krokenoster

Club Captain
Has anyone perhaps found some sort of fielding setup, that keeps the AI competitive when they bat (they are useless when I use my favourite field placement) ?

I basically have to leave stupid gaps open for them to even have a chance of a good run rate.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First match of the 1987/88 Benson and Hedges World Series Cup, Australia vs Sri Lanka at the MCG. I'll post the Sri Lankan innings later on, I've played the match but this took longer to write than I expected haha.

Here are today's teams
24fhhc8.jpg

Allan Border has won the toss and elected to bat on a dry, hard surface which does have some cracks on it already but it should be wonderful to bat on.
29bobp1.jpg

And already there's a wicket! Geoff Marsh plays all around a delivery and sees both middle and leg stump uprooted out of the ground, bowled by Champaka Ramanayake for 4 runs.

Australia 1/6
339oeub.jpg

2e57ibb.jpg

Out to the crease is the local crowd favourite, Dean Jones.
hvqbrd.jpg

And another one! David Boon is out plumb LBW, beaten for movement off the pitch and the ball would have crashed in to middle and off. Champaka Ramayake has Sri Lanka off to a dream start, Australia are in dissaray.

Australia 2/13 off 3.2 overs.
2i23kud.jpg

The 50 run partnership between Dean Jones (42 from 48 deliveries) and Mike Veletta (12 from 23 deliveries) is up, a lovely recovery from these two after an awful start.
2hgwap0.jpg

And now Dean Jones brings up his personal half century, a brilliant knock so far full of positive intent, solid defense and strong running turning 1's in to 2's and 2's in to 3's. The crowd can sense a home town hundred to start the limited overs summer.
rlyt87.jpg

25ppftg.jpg

Australia bring up the hundred after 19.1 overs, a strong recovery from being 2/13. Both batsmen are well and truly set with Mike Veletta increasing his scoring rate after a slow start and Dean Jones looking set for a big innings, this could be a big total if Sri Lanka don't make a break through soon.
2i88al0.jpg

Another bowling change sees the highly rated batsman Aravinda de Silva come on to bowl some off spin to compliment his namesake Asoka de Silva bowling leg spin at the other end, a very interesting bowling tandem here.
2mzh3l5.jpg

Big appeal and he's given out! Darrell Hair raises the finger. First ball and Aravinda de Silva has the wicket of Dean Jones caught behind by Guy de Alwis for 60, a huge breakthrough for Sri Lanka that's exactly what they needed as this partnership was taking the game away from them. The crowd are bitterly disappointed as Dean Jones looked set for a ton but they applaud their local favourite as he walks off the field.

Australia 3/106
15i6c5c.jpg

oqx2qd.jpg

Out walks the captain to the crease, Allan Border.
tajz4h.jpg

HUGE APPEAL! The Sri Lankan's are certain that Allan Border is out, Steve Bucknor at square leg has called for the third umpire and we go to the television replay. Allan Border leaves a ball outside off stump but in doing so he's ever so slightly stepped out of his crease and with cat-like refles Guy de Alwis has the bails off in a flash and Allan Border is stumped for a golden duck. Amazing! There's no doubt about that as the third umpire signals the dismissal, Allan Border returns to the pavilion as fast he he came after being uncharacteristically casual and he's cursing himself after that, rightly so. Sri Lanka are ecstatic after 2 wickets in 2 balls, Australia reeling.

Australia 4/106
4p7kh.jpg

2r2aet2.jpg

b3whuw.jpg

Steve Waugh comes out to face the hat-trick ball.
9vijw2.jpg

Tony Greig: "BigAppealAndTheUmpireRaisesHisFingerHe'sGivenHimFirstBallThat'sAHat-TrickAravindaDeSilvaHasAHat-Trick! Steve Waugh caught behind first ball pushing forward defensively and catches the outside edge to the wicket keeper de Alwis and Aravinda De Silva has 3 wickets in his first 3 balls this is incredible stuff here at the MCG. The Australian's have collapsed in a heap and they are in big trouble now." Classic Tony Greig commentary for the big occasions as always. Aravina De Silva has turned this game on its head, an imposing total of 250 has now gone down to 200 would be an excellent recovery. The Sri Lankan player who is expected to do the job for his team with the bat is unexpectedly doing it with the ball, an amazing first over.

Australia 5/106
adylc6.jpg

rlyp11.jpg

2w39jzd.jpg

309slcm.jpg

Another huge appeal and another wicket for Aravinda de Silva, this time it's Mike Veletta walking back to the pavilion are edging a delivery behind to Guy de Alwis and he departs the crease for a well played 47 but you would feel that if Australia had any chance of resurrecting this innings to post a competitive total they needed Veletta to bat a while longer. The Australian's cannot play Aravinda de Silva he has them bamboozled and has completely turned this game upside down.

Australia 6/123
1zfhq41.jpg

Big appeal and another one bites the dust, first ball. Tony Dodemaide is struck on the back pad right in front of the stumps off the bowling of De Silva except this time it's Asoka De Silva. Tony Dodemaide is not happy with the decision he believes there was a faint inside edge but nevertheless he is out and Australia have collapsed dreadfully after the dismissal of Dean Jones and they lost 5 wickets for 18 runs in that time. Sri Lanka will be looking to wrap this innings up quickly and chase a total under 150 runs which should be easily achieved on such a good batting strip.

Australia 7/124
30v1abm.jpg

Unbelievable! Another wicket without troubling the scorers. Peter Taylor is also given out LBW off the bowling of Asoka De Silva and yet again Australia have lost a wicket right after another wicket. This is dreadful batting.

Australia 8/124
qsmurr.jpg

A beautiful day here in Melbourne for cricket to start the summer. With Greg Dyer and Craig McDermott at the crease and Simon Davis to follow the Sri Lankan's will be looking to close this innings off very quickly. Australia could well be bowled inside 30 overs which would be highly embarrassing for them.
2lcocwg.jpg

Hold the phones! Greg Dyer has played some magnificent shots has put on some very important runs for the Aussies. Reeling at 8/124 and seemingly headed for a total around 130, Dyer has managed a gem of an innings and amazingly he has the score creeping up to 200.
13yu4j.jpg

ev8l0l.jpg

Another dismissal and another catch for Guy De Alwis behind the stumps. This time it's Craig McDermott who edges one behind and although he only scored 11 runs he more than played his hand by survivng time at the crease and allowing this wonderful fight back from Greg Dyer to resurrect the Australian innings. The Sri Lankan's were starting to get a little frustrated with that 49 run partnership for the 9th wicket. The Aussie's should be bowled out very soon and a total of around 175 is much better than a total of 125 although that would at least be 70-80 runs short on this pitch.

Australia 9/173
i4pp1y.jpg

1ffwv5.jpg

Greg Dyer brings up his 50, a brilliant innings that has made a contest of this match. A wonderful innings. If he can keep the strike away from Simon Davis Australia could reach 200 which would be a remarkable total after being 8/124.
2uh01n6.jpg

They have done it. Thanks to Greg Dyer the Aussies have reached 200 after being down and out.
1zodd0p.jpg

And that's the innings closed with Greg Dyer getting out on the long boundary off the last ball of the innings just 2 runs short of an incredible century. This has been a truly incredibly innings of limited overs cricket that has been played today so far and the Sri Lankan's will struggle to believe how they allowed a team that were 8/124 to get up to 228, 104 runs scored for the last 2 wickets with a brilliant innings from Greg Dyer of 98 from 104 deliveries. Australia now have a very decent total to bowl at and McDermott, Davis and Dodemaide should feel a lot more confident than they would have been earlier on and the confidence in the Sri Lankan dressing room is surely a little deflated after the final 20 overs of this innings.

Australia 10/228
t4wz1g.jpg

2uelc0n.jpg

Join us after the break for the Sri Lankan innings reply.

Users who are viewing this thread