Michael Clarke sent packing home: Back injury.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Australian vice-captain Michael Clarke will return home from the ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa due to a lower back injury. Clarke was ruled out of Australia's first two games, against West Indies and India, because of the injury he picked up during the latter half of the seven-match ODI series in England.

"On arriving in South Africa, the pain has intensified and he has not been able to participate in any of the team's training sessions," Cricket Australia physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said. "He has received intensive treatment but it is apparent that he will not be able to take any part in the remainder of this series.

"As such Michael will return home to continue his treatment and return to playing as soon as possible."

Full article here.

Unless I see a few players step up, I don't see us negotiating through the spin periods quite well.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
We will not miss his batting but fielding for sure. He has been playing too slowly lately.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Like I said, I hate him in our T20 squad to death, but in Test matches and ODi I can really see him hold his spot and play through an innings without going for the major hits, thus preserving his wicket.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Guess David Hussey will be coming over unless they want Warner. They are the only two I can see us choosing. Although they probably should wait until after our match else we could be sending a player over for nothing.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
His back condition could cut his career short, it seems like every tour his back is sore.

Maybe hes a bitch and just has to tough it out? Or get surgery to finally fix it?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Guess David Hussey will be coming over unless they want Warner. They are the only two I can see us choosing. Although they probably should wait until after our match else we could be sending a player over for nothing.

You dont think you could beat Pakistan and progress to the semis?:p I think guys probably will do it.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder how this will affect his bowling in the near future.

irottev

School Cricketer
Wooohooooo. This only does everyone elses chances a favor. Good fielder also we must remember and some handy bowling.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I take it you didn't watch Hussey, Ponting and Paine negotiate Mishra and Harbhajan with almost ease?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Well it's been confirmed, Dussey has been called up pending confirmation from the ICC.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
We will not miss his batting but fielding for sure. He has been playing too slowly lately.

Clarke's role has changed immensely since he first arrived in the team. Vice Captaincy has given him much more responsibility with the bat and it's showing. Sure he's been playing slowly, but the results of the overall match haven't changed. Australia are still winning, and scoring lots of runs. If Australia Play Pakistan in the final, not having Clarke in the final will be a crucial blow. Great player of spin, and he could take on Afridi and Ajmal.

Users who are viewing this thread