Minnow Name files

• Thread starter imported_Beckster23
  • Start date
I

imported_Beckster23

Hey Vineet,
I am thinnk ing doing the comm files for the minnows. What I propose to do is this -
1) Make 4 copies of names.pak.
2) Replace all scotland name files in 3 of them with those of namibia, holland and canada. The name the three as nameh.pak, namec.pak and namen.pak.
3) Then in holland.exe for example, search for the string of names.pak and rename it to nameh.pak.
4) DO the same for the other 2 exe's also.

But the problem I am facing is
I played a WC with holland and after playing for sometime, exited. Then I opend tom hick's editor. When i got to scotland, it said - "Run Time error 380, invalid property value" and exited. When i went to DB folder, SCO.ctm had holland names it it (obviously) coz i had just played with holland.

What I do??
If i get this right, it'll be a revolution in the WCEXP.

Also, whenever i play WC, in the place where the points table is given and the next match's teams are shown, below it is the place of the stadium where it is to be played. It has the name of an english stadium. In the screen where it says "Loading.....", the picture is of the english stadium. But when the game starts, it is the correct SA stadium. How do i correct the english stadium bug?

Please do reply soon.
Abhilash

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I have a solution to the run time error problem which I also experienced. You need an earlier copy of the teams.tem file with scotland in and not the minnows. I can e-mail you one if you need. Then you save the old version to a different directory and open it using player editor. You can then edit the commentary through the old version and keep the correct data in the new version.
Colin

S

sickhead

hey......
i experience the same error in the player editor........can you email me the teams.tem.......that can correct it...............thanks alot........
email at : [email protected]

A

Admin

Hey abhilash

Great of you to think of making the comment files.

Dont bother with the Canadian ones as somone has already sent me those and I'll be puting that up for download. You can use that.

What you are saying is easily possible and practical. Go ahead with it and if you need any help just ask :)

Here's the link to the teams.tem file

dload teams.tem here

Just extract to another folder as Colin suggested.

And download the exciting new WCEXP fix 2 which not only fixes your slow bowling speeds but now fast bowlers bowl at 99+MPH like real life and many never before gameplay features. It also hopefully fixes the sound problems some people have had.

The stadium problem should be ok after the fix also.

I

imported_Beckster23

Aye Aye Cap'n!!

U've done A FANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCC JOB ON THE GAMEPLAY PACTH!!! Hats OF 2 U VINNY!!!

THEREE CHEERS 4 U - Hip :D Hip Hurray!! Hip Hip Hurray!! Hip Hip Hurray!!
:D :D :D :D :D

I

imported_Beckster23

Hey Vineet,
I think u should seriously think of making your own game based on C2K2. Like having a WC with all 14 teams together, more tournaments, test+oneday series etc.!!

Ne help this humble amateur can provide??? Please do e-mail me at [email protected]

MAN, U R A GENIUS!!! NICE FEELING, TALKING 2 A GENIUS!!

Abhi

A

Admin

Lets not get too carried away here :D

Though I do enjoy the flattery very much and it nice too see people like what you're doing :lol:

But there is a big ifference between editing or modifying a game and creating a new one from scratch.

I still need someone like EA to make the game before I put all the missing pieces in

Users who are viewing this thread