BASEBALL MLB The Show 21

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
lol sold my xbox about a week before this was announced.Shame it itsn't coming to pc.Will just have to make do with rbi 21.
Rbi 20 was ok on the xbox despite its shortcomings.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Got selected for the xcloud pc beta for gamepass will be able to play the show on my pc.Will report back later once I get home and have a good play.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Well sometimes the impossible is made possible.If you would have said anyone would be playing mlb the show on their pc for free they would have looked at you as if you are mad.Yet that is what happened yesterday i played a game i never thought i would play without significant investment on my part.With wired internet connection it worked flawlessly.I have played baseball games since the zx spectrum days having only dipped into the show on the psp and a baseball game on the ps1 .Lately i have played the rbi series which for me was enjoyable in its own way.
The holy grail was the show.PlayStation never did add any versions of it to their online service.
To me the game is the model for all sports games.The amount of options and customizations are mind boggling 3 different ways to bat,5 or 6 different ways to pitch .Its a beautiful looking game.I'm old school so i have no interest in micro transactions,building an all star team,opening packets etc so i can't comment on that aspect of the game although that puts me in the minority.Every game mode you can imagine is there.
i know it probably took years to get to this point but its all there.Its not an easy game even at beginner level which is good and i like the progressive difficulty option and the way the game pushes you to improve but it is still and the commentator is not averse to commenting on how you are playing.
The game sets the standard for sports games and of course it has the budget to match.
Even if you don't like baseball particularly its still worth playing .
I find it interesting that xbox put this on gamepass and launched x-cloud beta for pc and ios -by invitation ,on the day this got released.
PlayStation owners are rightly imo miffed about having been loyal to PS for all these years and still having to pay for the game when xbox owners are enjoying it for free.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
xcloud beta allows you to stream all the gamepass games to android ,pc and ios.The pc and ios bit is currently by invite only to ulimate game pass members.I got very lucky to be invited.I was planning to play it on my android phone and even bought a controller for that purpose.Its not released on PC i am playing the xbox version streamed to my pc.

Users who are viewing this thread