MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The most recent beta update to DBC14 opened up texture modding for a whole lot of extra items - but that makes the textures zip file a little bit too big to include in with the Steam download for everyone.

Click the button below to download the textures zip - 646MB

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Okay, this thread is opened so we can share info we all find regarding requirements for the texture formats, and the location of things people want to modify.

stadiums\e00_common\textures\sponsors - is the location for the stadium adboards. Texture replacements need to be a smaller file size than the one you are replacing, I've had success with DXT1BinaryAlpha.

manojit007

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its a huge file to be downloaded right now.So just out of curiosity want to know what are the things that are made moddable...
Till now I came to knew about the stadium adboards and overlay,is there any other stuffs?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Its a huge file to be downloaded right now.So just out of curiosity want to know what are the things that are made moddable...
Till now I came to knew about the stadium adboards and overlay,is there any other stuffs?
Effectively it's "everything" from a textures point of view. The textures file includes grass, lighting, crowd models, series and trophy art... Everything, but until people have tried everything we won't know for sure.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay, this thread is opened so we can share info we all find regarding requirements for the texture formats, and the location of things people want to modify.

stadiums\e00_common\textures\sponsors - is the location for the stadium adboards. Texture replacements need to be a smaller file size than the one you are replacing, I've had success with DXT1BinaryAlpha.

I found that I could only get the right format (DXT1 Binary Alpha) from dds converter. The DXT1 formats from Photoshop nvidia plugin and Paint.net didn't work for me.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
any idea where the big ant pitch add is located in the files, cant seem to find it
There's some things that they still don't let us change - mostly the Big Ant branding things. Maybe if we bugged them enough they might make an exception for the pitchad.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@MattW - when you did the channel 9 overlay, have you figured out any way to amend the font colours used? i'm trying to do the BBC 90s overlay, got the backgrounds more or less done but the black font doesn't show up on it well: should be white and/or blue. any ideas?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW - when you did the channel 9 overlay, have you figured out any way to amend the font colours used? i'm trying to do the BBC 90s overlay, got the backgrounds more or less done but the black font doesn't show up on it well: should be white and/or blue. any ideas?
Nope - I assume that is controlled outside of the image files. There are a few random vertical lines I can't identify where they are shown, but changing those didn't impact text.

So it's really me just hoping that somehow Big Ant can open up a file to edit that. If they are worried that it would be difficult to work around, they obviously haven't seen the damn 'rfe' file that I have probably spent a month of my life editing for Cricket 07, which is an incomprehensible mess, but at least gives me colour codes and texture positions.

*begs @HBK619

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
need to rename so many files from existing mods in use, but this is exciting!!

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Oh boy! For some weird reason I can't be able to see my kit mods are working in game! let me explain what I did,

1. I've downloaded the zip from this thread, pasted it in Documents>My Games> here (renamed as textures). Edited some kits and saved. In game. there is no mod. So; I let that as is and;

2. backed up the original "dbc_texture" folder from steam library and replaced that with the zip from this thread. Again; no kit mods are visible....

Please help! @MattW @blockerdave ... any1?

Thank yoU!

** For Clarification; Please check this two grabs!**MattW_texture_extracted_edited.PNG steam_library.PNG

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
1. I've downloaded the zip from this thread, pasted it in Documents>My Games> here (renamed as textures). Edited some kits and saved. In game. there is no mod. So; I let that as is and;
A screenshot of what you have put inside that textures folder would be most relevant.

You don't need to put the zip file in the steam folder.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
:facepalm I re-saved one kit pattern with 8bpp explicit alpha.... still no luck! :( it was interpolated earlier... that didn't work either!

Users who are viewing this thread