Yet another time :p

Cricinfo article.

Is retirement some joke or what? :D

EDIT: He was also 'indefinitely' banned by PCB. Adds to the overall joke :p

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I won't be surprised if I see Inzamam-ul-haq coming out of his retirement next. The lack of professionalism in Pakistani cricket has reached such an extent that nothing happening there surprises me any more.

Shaun Tait

Club Cricketer
Thought Ul Haq was becoming a coach anyway its laughable

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
The thing that annoyed me most about that article is this:
Cricinfo has learnt that the captain, Salman Butt, and the coach, Waqar Younis, were not consulted on Yousuf's inclusion

Why do Pakistan cricket continually shoot themselves in the foot like this? Sure it's great on paper to have the experience and run scoring record of Yousuf, but...
*I doubt he'll do anything for team spirit,
*his selection will cause doubts among the young players when the selectors are willing to bring back a banned AND retired player just one Test after a great win vs Australia,
*by selecting him they are also proving that they don't trust their new captain and coach who didn't ask for Yousuf,
*and the dude is almost 36 years old - he's hardly going to be a long term fix to their batting problems.

It's an awful selection IMHO. It's a short term band aid solution by the selectors or it's some power brokers on the board throwing their weight around. Either way, it's not good for Pakistan cricket.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
The worst part is you can't even hope for him to be on the bench.

Can anyone see Yousuf carrying the drinks? He should be made to for atleast 1 match, so he knows he isn't undroppable, but it probably won't happen.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I expected this to happen. But I expected Younis Khan's chances to be bigger then Yousuf's chances, especially since Younis Khan is now playing County Cricket with Surrey.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
LOL, how many times can one man retire!?

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Younis will be re-called before the current series ends.

+1.

After a gap, if Yusuf won't perform, Pakistan will axe him and get in Younis.

If I were PCB head, I'd have prepared a young team and make them play, which at least will make sure that the in future, Pakistan team will perform on some day.

Its not the lack of talent, which is making Pakistan lose, its the dirty politics, which is making the team lose.

Users who are viewing this thread