• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ashraful being sacked was a good move, but I don't know how effective Mortaza will be in the captaincy role.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Lol. But I guess he can't be any worse then Ashraful.

Good luck to him though.

karnog

International Cricketer
I guess due to the Hawthorne effect Bangladesh will perform better as a unit. Whether this will last remains to be seen. But mind you Ashraful needs to focus on his batting. He has been woeful at best.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I am surprised at this move, but I am reading in the article it is meant for Ashraful to focus on his batting.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Ashraful was decent tactically was lively in the field. Promblem with Mortaza is that he is a bowler, and a pace one at that. He'll have to start fielding in the covers or mid-on/mid-off now so he can chat to the other bowlers, that will be new to him. He also isn't normally the one to give advice or to constantly cheer on the bowlers as he is always in the deep. He doesn't seem to be the natural pick, someone like Rahim, Raquibul, Razzak or Shakib might have been a better choice.

Oh well. Lets see how he does. And Ashraful has always been woeful with the bat except for the odd innings, I think it's about time he be dropped or be told he is on his last lifeline.

irottev

School Cricketer
Opening bowler as captain is weird. I don't think it's a good decision. But they don't have that many senior guys to give it to I guess. Rahim would have been my choice.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Interesting...

Ashraful was decent tactically was lively in the field. Promblem with Mortaza is that he is a bowler, and a pace one at that. He'll have to start fielding in the covers or mid-on/mid-off now so he can chat to the other bowlers, that will be new to him. He also isn't normally the one to give advice or to constantly cheer on the bowlers as he is always in the deep. He doesn't seem to be the natural pick, someone like Rahim, Raquibul, Razzak or Shakib might have been a better choice.

Oh well. Lets see how he does. And Ashraful has always been woeful with the bat except for the odd innings, I think it's about time he be dropped or be told he is on his last lifeline.

I agree completely with this post.

I am unsure whether he will make a good captain, so voted no in the poll, because I highly doubt he will be a successful captain in terms of actually winning games.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Lol. But I guess he can't be any worse then Ashraful.

exctly. this guy is scared to bowl on the slog over. he always wants to finish his 10 over around 45's. and he is the strick bowler??

but there isnt any one else who can be the captain. they cant risk Shakib!

Ashraful was good with rotating the bowlers, changing the fields, keeping the opposion tight and keeping the target low. but he got stupider with the bat after he became captain. so he has to go..

but there isnt any one else in the team who would do a better job then him.

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Opening bowler as captain is weird. I don't think it's a good decision. But they don't have that many senior guys to give it to I guess. Rahim would have been my choice.

he already screams too much. he is the keeper, the cheerleader, and skipper? lol too much to handle.

but he will be good in few years.

the ICL-ers coming back, they should think about Shahriar Nafees

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Good luck to Mortaza! He's a good bowler, hopefully the pressure of captaincy doesn't hurt his bowling. Ashraful needs to grow up, I've seen him throw away his wicket so many times it's not even funny. I can just imagine how frustrated Bangladeshi fans are with Ashraful.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I still have no expectations from Ashraful, he is the biggest idiot alive on the planet. Just hope he'll be dropped from the team and how come some of the people here are surprised to see an opening bowler as captain, looks like they haven't watched Waqar Younis lead the Pakistan team, he used to be a decent captain as well.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Waqar was more than just the opening bowler. He was the death bowler, the mentor to the other bowlers, and one of the best in the world. Mortaza doesn't seem to be a mentor, doesn't like bowling at the death, and isn't one of the best in the world and needs to focus on his own performances first.

Users who are viewing this thread