Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
I think if the pitch favours spin....Australia

I think if pitch favours pace......Windies....

I think if pitch balanced....Windies

Bottom Line Malcolm Marshall and Viv and the leadership of Lloyd would outweigh, Warne, McGrath, Lee. I actually think Aussies in the 1990s would be more of a challenge. BTW the 90s Aussies were matched punch for punch for a long during the 90s by the Windies, and 90s Windies were nowhere compared 80s windies.

RDB3

Club Cricketer
I think if the pitch favours spin....Australia

I think if pitch favours pace......Windies....

I think if pitch balanced....Windies

Bottom Line Malcolm Marshall and Viv and the leadership of Lloyd would outweigh, Warne, McGrath, Lee. I actually think Aussies in the 1990s would be more of a challenge. BTW the 90s Aussies were matched punch for punch for a long during the 90s by the Windies, and 90s Windies were nowhere compared 80s windies.
Good answer. Big question how would they have played Warne... I would also pic the West Indies.

Will be playing this series on cricket22 when both teams are up.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
To my knowledge and the respective line - ups only a few West Indians were great against spin..and that is traditional spin, not leg spin by Warne. Dring the 1980s, the best and well known leg spinner was Pakistani, Abdul Qadir the man with two googlies.

It is only a small indicator but Qadir was decent but not spectacular home and away against West Indies. I just think the Windies 80s have more match winners than Australia
90s.

Ill work Australia next. :)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uploaded and updated players for West Indies 1990s.

The final flickers of greatness for West Indies. Alas by 91, some of the stalwarts of the 80s had retired, Greenidge, Richards, Logie, Harper, Dujon, Marshall and by mid decade Haynes and Richardson would retire also. Others would replace them but were not of the same level of the great 80s team which had aged together.

Walsh and Ambrose led the pace attack, and ensured the Windies won some tight series, however what could have been if Bishop had not got injured and Patterson remained a force? The Windies remained strong with the genius of Brian Charles Lara, he was ably assisted by Carl Hooper, Jimmy Adams and Shiv Chanderpaul with the batting, and though Walsh and Ambrose were brilliant they lost their number 1 ranking to Australia by 1995.

After that the slow decline began, despite their talent, Winston and Kenny Benjamin, Sherwin Campbell, Franklyn Rose, Keith Arthurton, Junior Murray, and Phil Simmons were in reality not the level of the teams gone by.

Enjoy
Post automatically merged:

Hi Parth, I m not a uniform man but others like @wasteyouryouth may have these kits :) I can try and see if I could a version of what you have posted but for quality kits there are others out there :)
Great work again. Your creations were great in C19, The player faces were exactly matched in C19 but here not, may be it's C22 academy is not at the level of C19.

RDB3

Club Cricketer
To my knowledge and the respective line - ups only a few West Indians were great against spin..and that is traditional spin, not leg spin by Warne. Dring the 1980s, the best and well known leg spinner was Pakistani, Abdul Qadir the man with two googlies.

It is only a small indicator but Qadir was decent but not spectacular home and away against West Indies. I just think the Windies 80s have more match winners than Australia
90s.

Ill work Australia next. :)
Thanx

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Great work again. Your creations were great in C19, The player faces were exactly matched in C19 but here not, may be it's C22 academy is not at the level of C19.
Post automatically merged:

you are right about the faces, the academy in 22 is not stable and does not have enough morphs to do certain faces, that said I am learning to work around it as best I can, and I'm sure as I get the hang of the new editor some faces will be updated or be created even better. Glad you enjoying!

I will go back and redo faces like Richards, Walsh which I got right in C19 but are much harder to do in C22. Howeve rI have spent eve m ore time on playing style and roles and handidness.

Last edited:

pinku

Associate Captain
Got to ask this question.

Who would win. Australia 2000's vs West Indies 1980's both teams in their prime in a test series?
If i may also say, though im not Australian i must admit the side from 1999 onwards was the best ever team for me. The batting, bowling and the fielding was just something else. The discipline and focus they had in that team was phenomenal. I use to hate them so much because they were so good haha! The era that came before and after i guess were not upto the same as compared to the 99 to maybe 2010 teams roughly. Like i said it's my opnion and i may well be wrong. @Mouseydread is the expert here after all.

RDB3

Club Cricketer
If i may also say, though im not Australian i must admit the side from 1999 onwards was the best ever team for me. The batting, bowling and the fielding was just something else. The discipline and focus they had in that team was phenomenal. I use to hate them so much because they were so good haha! The era that came before and after i guess were not upto the same as compared to the 99 to maybe 2010 teams roughly. Like i said it's my opnion and i may well be wrong. @Mouseydread is the expert here after all.
I'm South African I also used to hate then so much, especially after the 1999 World Cup semi final Guess we will never know. Definitely two of the best sides of all time.

pinku

Associate Captain
I'm South African I also used to hate then so much, especially after the 1999 World Cup semi final Guess we will never know. Definitely two of the best sides of all time.
Im Pakistani.. final 99! :facepalm lol

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded West Indies 2000s.

A curious team, still had talented players but they were no longer great, except Lara who was on the decline. The West Indies did have a solid opening pair in Chris Gayle and Wavell Hinds, shame Hinds did not develop furtherr and by 2004 he was gone, I feel he could have done even more for the Windies. The main anchor of the batting was Shiv Chanderpaul. a man I have so much respect for with Lara and later more or less with just Ramnaresh Sarwan as support he provided West indies on some occasions with a sense of respectability.

IMO, Ramnaresh Sarwan was a great and though he averaged 40 in Test cricket (which we would love today), he is seen as a bit of a disappointment.. Marlon Samuels and Dwyane Bravo were others who were disjointedness at this level, though Samuels, Bravo and Gayle would actually bring some pride to the region with their exploits in T20 and being part of World Cup winning T20 squads. Darren Ganga probably should have been the captain more often but his form was scratchy at the best of times.

The bowling was almost the same as the batting, Jerome Taylor and Jermaine Lawson promised much but not consistently due to injury or form, Fidel carved out a test career as a Test blower but was super expensive, the best of the bunch was mediocre, Merv Dillon who always flattered to deceive.

Probably Corey Collymore who had to re-invent himself after a stress fracture of his back was up to standard. Yet you have to ask what might have been?

I will add more players, there was a big lack of spinners for this squad, loads to choose from but just poor at Test level.

I were so many to choose from but I will update when I have the will to create them, (it's not personal! :)

Gayle and Hinds were all I could bear to watch with this team, another player who I loved in the team, keeper, Ridley Jacobs, who on his day would play some brilliant rearguard innings. Danesh Ramdin the other keeper was not my cup of tea,

Oh they did win one thing the 2004 Champions Trophy!

Most Windies fans thought, " We are back!

That was the edge of the cliff before free fall.

An argument could be made however that the Windies were the most affected by T20 cricket...and the first internationals to really excel were mostly West Indies.

Updated Courtney Walsh - with his proficiency. His face gets a little uplift (so hard to make on 22)

Last edited:

pinku

Associate Captain

A curious team, still had talented players but they were no longer great, except Lara who was on the decline. The West Indies did have a solid opening pair in Chris Gayle and Wavell Hinds, shame Hinds did not develop furtherr and by 2004 he was gone, I feel he could have done even more for the Windies. The main anchor of the batting was Shiv Chanderpaul. a man I have so much respect for with Lara and later more or less with just Ramnaresh Sarwan as support he provided West indies on some occasions with a sense of respectability.

IMO, Ramnaresh Sarwan was a great and though he averaged 40 in Test cricket (which we would love today), he is seen as a bit of a disappointment.. Marlon Samuels and Dwyane Bravo were others who were disjointedness at this level, though Samuels, Bravo and Gayle would actually bring some pride to the region with their exploits in T20 and being part of World Cup winning T20 squads. Darren Ganga probably should have been the captain more often but his form was scratchy at the best of times.

The bowling was almost the same as the batting, Jerome Taylor and Jermaine Lawson promised much but not consistently due to injury or form, Fidel carved out a test career as a Test blower but was super expensive, the best of the bunch was mediocre, Merv Dillon who always flattered to deceive.

Probably Corey Collymore who had to re-invent himself after a stress fracture of his back was up to standard. Yet you have to ask what might have been?

I will add more players, there was a big lack of spinners for this squad, loads to choose from but just poor at Test level.

I were so many to choose from but I will update when I have the will to create them, (it's not personal! :)

Gayle and Hinds were all I could bear to watch with this team, another player who I loved in the team, keeper, Ridley Jacobs, who on his day would play some brilliant rearguard innings. Danesh Ramdin the other keeper was not my cup of tea,

Oh they did win one thing the 20034 Champions Trophy!

An argument could be made however that the Windies were the most affected by T20 cricket...and the first internationals to really excel were mostly West Indies.

Updated Courtney Walsh - with his proficiency. His face gets a little uplift (so hard to make on 22)
I was waiting for you to make the 00 era and beyond. Can't actually downlod teams on xbox due to some error where it just loads and loads and doesn't bring back results for teams. Will you be uploading the players individually also? Thank you.

Staresblank

Club Captain

Oh they did win one thing the 20034 Champions Trophy!

The first game I ever watched live was that 2004 final - and nothing I've watched since has ever come close to it. It was so dark for the last 50 runs of the Windies chase there is no way it would be allowed to have been played today.

Wavell Hinds also bowled those little dibbly dobblers that england couldn't hit off the square! It was beautiful to watch.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

Oh they did win one thing the 2004 Champions Trophy!

I’ve just finished creating the WI team from around the 2008-11 period, featuring the world beater Brendan Nash! Haha I certainly noticed I didn’t have to create as many players compared to C19 due to the CPL being licensed, so that was handy

Users who are viewing this thread