Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1970s decade.

If you fancy a challenge against top class spin, try this team.

This side is a mixture of 1960s veterans who played on into the 1970s, such Ajit Wadekar and Farokh Engineer, emerging stars like the great opener Sunil Gavaskar, attractive Mohinder Amarnath, Gundappa Viswanath, future legends to be in Kapil Dev and Dillip Vengsarkar.

However, Gavaskar apart the main stars were the legendary spin quartet Bedi, Chandra, Venkat and Prasana.

For me the hidden player of this team is left arm swing bowler, Karsan Ghavri, who opens the bowling with Kapil.

Enjoy :)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

This side is a mixture of 1960s veterans who played on into the 1970s, such Ajit Wadekar and Farokh Engineer, emerging stars like the great opener Sunil Gavaskar, attractive Mohinder Amarnath, Gundappa Viswanath, future legends to be in Kapil Dev and Dillip Vengsarkar.

However, Gavaskar apart the main stars were the legendary spin quartet Bedi, Chandra, Venkat and Prasana.

For me the hidden player of this team is left arm swing bowler, Karsan Ghavri, who opens the bowling with Kapil.

Funny I just made the India team from the 1986 Tour of England, and thinking to do the team from 82 as well. This will probably help that one!

(I finally got round to sharing all the WSC teams too.)

RDB3

Club Cricketer

Indian team has class!!

Would love it if you can make one of the greatest sides ever. The South African Springboks from 1969 which destroyed Bill Lawry Australia (4-0) with the likes of Graeme and Peter Pollock, Barry Richards, Mike Proctor etc.

Tooldforcricket

School Cricketer
Funny I just made the India team from the 1986 Tour of England, and thinking to do the team from 82 as well. This will probably help that one!

Post automatically merged:

What's Ur username

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1969/70

Heralded as one of the greatest teams of all time. Mainly because they drubbed one of the best teams in the world Australia twice in 4 years, and for the enormous talent in their ranks that never got to continue their Test careers beyond 1970. I think the myth of the team is even more enhanced when you look the talent that did not make this tour but would have fought for places in this side, Clive Rice, Denys Hobson, Ken McEwan and Vincent Van Der Bijl to name but a few.

Anyone who knows anything about cricket knows the names of this side led by Ali Bacher.

Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock and Mike Proctor would walk into most sides of the era, Eddie Barlow, Peter Pollock and Trevor Goddard were stellar performers for their country, and Denis Lindsay and Lee Irvine were exciting players. Tiger Lance was a back up at this stage but his impact in the dressing room for one of South Africa's greatest characters cannot be underestimated.

So this team is a perfect collection of men in their youth, prime and at the end of their career.

My personal opinion is the 1966/67 that hosted and beat Australia 3-1 was better, because in 1969/70 Bill Lawrys Aussies were just coming off a long tour of India and were knackered.

Enjoy

Last edited:

Tooldforcricket

School Cricketer

Heralded as one of the greatest teams of all time. Mainly because they drubbed one of the best teams in the world Australia twice in 4 years, and for the enormous talent in their ranks that never got to continue their Test careers beyond 1970. I think they myth of the team is even more enhanced when you look the talent that did not make this tour but would have fought for places in this side, Clive Rice, Denys Hobson, Ken McEwan and Vincent Van Der Bijl to name but a few.

Anyone who knows anything about cricket knows the names of this side led by Ali Bacher.

Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock and Mike Proctor would walk into most sides of the era, Eddie Barlow, Peter Pollock and Trevor Goddard were stellar performers for their country, and Denis Lindsay and Lee Irvine were exciting players. Tiger Lance was a back up at this stage but his impact in the dressing room for one of South Africa's greatest characters cannot be underestimated.

So this team is a perfect collection of men in their youth, prime and at the end of their career.

My personal opinion is the 1966/67 that hosted and beat Australia 3-1 was better, because in 1969/70 Bill Lawrys Aussies were just coming off a long tour of India and were knackered.

Enjoy
Love Ur work can't wait to see more teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
I was waiting for you to make the 00 era and beyond. Can't actually downlod teams on xbox due to some error where it just loads and loads and doesn't bring back results for teams. Will you be uploading the players individually also? Thank you.
Hi @pinku ,

I do tend to upload individual players as well, so you find all the players in the teams uploaded individually.

Hope this helps!

RDB3

Club Cricketer

Heralded as one of the greatest teams of all time. Mainly because they drubbed one of the best teams in the world Australia twice in 4 years, and for the enormous talent in their ranks that never got to continue their Test careers beyond 1970. I think they myth of the team is even more enhanced when you look the talent that did not make this tour but would have fought for places in this side, Clive Rice, Denys Hobson, Ken McEwan and Vincent Van Der Bijl to name but a few.

Enjoy
Thanx so much!

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Fantastic contribution mouseydread. Downloading them all now.

Are you planning to do Below teams like these? Not a request but wondering if these are in your radar.

1. Late 90s Australia under waugh
2. Early and mid 2000s Australia under ponting
3. Early and late 90s pakistan under Imran
4. Late 90s south africa under corjne
5. Late 2000s and early 2010s south africa under Smith.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Are you planning to do Below teams like these? Not a request but wondering if these are in your radar.

These were the time when these team were invisible

Mouseydread

Associate Captain

Hi I did some of these on C19, Ashes, and DB17, so they are on my radar, at the moment I am creating about 10 players per day and am in the 90s at the moment, so you see on the academy, people like Mark Taylor, Glenn McGrath, Damien Fleming, Shane Warne on the academy.

The likeness are much more difficult because the morphing is different on the editor but I update all the time and post changes here. E.g check Carl Hooper and Richie Richardson, they look more like they do IRL now but at the start not even close!

I am taking a bit longer at the moment to focus more on their player perks or tendencies based on player profile books I've collected over the years, especially by the great Christoper Martin Jenkins, do they play offside, onside, back foot front foot. It took me year on C19 to every player in history with other 10 caps for their country in 10 cricket. It was easier to put the teams together after doing that, this time I am taking a more random approach or watching out for requests.

I figure by end of the week I may have some 90s teams to upload, check back on Sunday or for individual players every day.

Tooldforcricket

School Cricketer
Hi I did some of these on C19, Ashes, and DB17, so they are on my radar, at the moment I am creating about 10 players per day and am in the 90s at the moment, so you see on the academy, people like Mark Taylor, Glenn McGrath, Damien Fleming, Shane Warne on the academy.

The likeness are much more difficult because the morphing is different on the editor but I update all the time and post changes here. E.g check Carl Hooper and Richie Richardson, they look more like they do IRL now but at the start not even close!

I am taking a bit longer at the moment to focus more on their player perks or tendencies based on player profile books I've collected over the years, especially by the great Christoper Martin Jenkins, do they play offside, onside, back foot front foot. It took me year on C19 to every player in history with other 10 caps for their country in 10 cricket. It was easier to put the teams together after doing that, this time I am taking a more random approach or watching out for requests.

I figure by end of the week I may have some 90s teams to upload, check back on Sunday or for individual players every day.
Nice work

Users who are viewing this thread