Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
It will be good to construct the 2010s, I'm working on the 2000s now. I did this in Ashes so I'm going to look back at how I put the 2010s together.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated Sri Lanka 1990s.

I have moved Chaminda Vaas and Marvan Atapattu to the 2000s, though they started their careers in the early 90s, especially in Atapattu's case, it is the 2000s where they have made the greater impact. Make no mistake the 90s still have stars for days, Jayasuriya, Murali, Gurusinha, Aravinda, and Arjuna, and the bowling, though not as strong has the workshorse, Wickramasinghe, Ravindra Pushpakumara and Champaka Ramanayake to back up Murali.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Sri Lanka 2000s.

This squad has talent allround and I believe is the strongest of all the decade squads. Though the 90s would run it close. The side has two late additions in Chaminda Vaas and Marvan Atapattu who have decided to join them from the 90s. Arguably both players were more at their peak in the 2000s despite their cross decade longevity. There is one omission from the decade squad in Regana Herath who could have made this side, and even though their is no Murali he has opted to play in the 2010s squad.

So leading the squad is the brilliant timer of the ball, Mahela Jayawardene. Jayawardene is an all time great and will command respect from his team and what a team it is.

Opening the batting is the flamboyant Tillakaratne Dilshan. he opens the batting with the experienced, Marvan Atapattu. At three is Jayawardne, and he is backed up at 4 with another All Time World Great in Kumara Sangakarra. (IMO better than Gilchrist). At 5 is the reliable hard to get out, tough, Thilan Samaraweera. At 6 is the lively Russel Arnold always willing to chip in with runs and wickets. At 7 with the gloves is Prasana Jayawardne. At 8 is the brilliant Chaminder Vaas. At 9 is the dependable, Nuwan Zoysa, at 10 another pacer in Dihara Fernando and at 11 with spinner Upal Chandana. Chandana a good spinner will be happy that Murali and Herath, both eligible for this squad have chosen squads either side of this one, so he will get a chance to shine.

In reserve the selectors can call upon, all rounder Jehan Mubarak, the tall batsman, Michael Vandort, the dashing opener, Avishka Gunawardene, the allrounder Farveez Maharoof, talented attacking batsman, Chamara Silva, and finally all-rounder Charitha Buddhika.

Thanks to @DalePlaysCricket as I am sure I've used one or two of his bases, that I've either tweaked for his excellent art work, or added perks if needed.

Thanks for the bat, logo, uniform, stadium makers!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Sri Lanka 2010s.

I have had fun putting this side together and it is more competitive than I at first thought - at least on paper. There are so many options at ODI and T20 I will leave that up to you. The test lineup, though lacking in stars, still has competitive fire, and does have an all time great test bowler in Regana Herath, a superb T20 bowler in Lasith "The Slinger" Malinga and another magicical bowler whose flame burned out too quickly, in Ajantha Mendis.

The side is led by opener Dimuth Karunaratne, along with the experienced Upul Tharanga. At three is Kusal Mendis, and at 4 is one of their stars of the decade in Dinesh Chandimal. At 5 is one of their iconic players in allrounder Angelo Mathews who on his day can turn any game. At 6 is one of many players who can play keeper, I have chosen Kaushal Silva, though Chandimal, Kusal Perera, and Niroshan Dickwella can keep ably.

At 7 is another excellent allrounder is Dhanan De Silva, and at 8 is the excellent Rangana Herath. Herath could have played in the 2000s but was overshadowed by the Murali. In reality he really emerged at the end of the 2000s. At 9 is one of the best short format spinners in all time, in Ajantha Mendis. Mendis was seen as the future of Sri Lankan cricket however though his star shone bright for about 5 years, he never quite reached the heights predicted for him. At 10 is the hardworking pacer, Nuwan Kulasekara and at 11 will be his opening ball partner Lasith Malinga to give the side star quality.

In reserve there are many in this squad of 22. With T20 star Thisara Perera, batsman, Liharu Thirimanne, among them. It is a deep squad even reserve most have a case to be in the top 11. So now all of Sri Lanka is complete.

Thank you for the logo, uniform, bat and stadium makers!

I think most of the players are mine, but I have used bases off the academy for the rest, so credit goes to those unknown creators. I have tweaked and adjusted as usual.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated West Indies 79/80 Touring Squad to Australia.

In my opinion there are 4 great West Indian Touring Sides. All of which are on the academy. The 1950 (The three Ws), the 1963 (Sobers, Kanhai, Worrell, Hall and Griffith). the 1984 (Blackwash, et all) and the 1979/80 to Australia, the first West Indies side to win in Australia.

The 1979/80 is the unleashing of the "4 horsemen of the apocolpse". Though the Windies had been experimenting with a 4 pronged pace attack, the chemistry of Andy "Fruity" Roberts, Micheal "Whispering Death" Holding, Joel "Big Bird" Garner and Colin Croft was the creation of the brooding image of dangerous West Indian bowlers that would destruct batting line-ups until the end of the Ambrose/Walsh era.

What is impressive is Malcolm Marshall the greatest ever of all the bowlers in West Indian cricket was a reserve here! So I here I have tweaked a few bats, and images. I have swapped out my Greenigdge and Haynes and kept my ratings, they were swapped for the improved artwork of @wasteyouryouth Love the synergy!.

My avatar of course is my celebration of a team that sometimes, is overlooked for the 1984 Blackwash team, and while the 84 touring side is legendary, can that batting line up - very similar except instead of Richie Richardson, the 79/80 squad had often forgotten Lawrence Rowe and Alvin Kallicharran, Gomes was a reserve in 79!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Sri Lanka All Time Greats, there are 35 players in this talent laden squad. I have put together a squad of 35. This includes 3 Test Lineups using 33 different players, and an all time ODI X1. This should be useful for an All Sri Lanka League.

1st XI
Jayasuriya, Atapattu, Sangakarra, (wkt) Jayawardne, Aravinda de Silva, Ranatunga, (c) Vaas, Somachandra de Silva, Rumesh Ratnayake, Muralitharan, and Malinga make up the first XI. The only trouble I had was getting Dilshan in above Atapattu and Herath over the pace of Ratnayake. For balance I went with Ratnayake.

2nd XI
Dilshan, Mahanama, Dias (c), Tillakaratne, Samaraweera, Gurusinha, Goonatilleke (wkt), Ajantha Mendis, Ravi Ratnayake, de Mel, and Herath make up the 2nd X1. On this one Goonatilleke is the controversial choice as he had a very short career as he joined Sri Lanka Arosa but is widely considered Sri Lanka's greatest ever keeper.

3rd XI
Kaluwitharana, Sidath Wettimuny, Chandimal, Duleep Mendis (c), Angelo Mathews, Russell Arnold, Prasanna Jayawardene (wkt), Opatha, Pieras, Ajith de Silva, and Don Anurasi (last seen crippling @blockerdave round out the X1.

Thisara Perera and Sri Lanka AROSA skipper, opener Bandula Warnapura are unlucky to get in any side.

ODI XI
Jayasuriya, Dilshan, Sangakarra, M.Jayawardene, Aravinda de Silva, Ranatunga, Mathews, Vaas, Ajantha Mendis, Malinga, and Murali make up a formidable ODI challenge for any team in history.

Who would be in Sri Lanka T20 all time?

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1990s,

A decent side but not as strong as the 1980s side. Lots of players from the 1992, 1996 and 1999 World Cup here. The important decision was to put Stephen Fleming in the squad. Fleming could have also played in the 2000s but he has opted for the 1990s. An interesting collection of players who were outstanding in ODIs but not as world beating in Test Matches. The 1990s saw New Zealand innovate with the pinch hitter in the 1992 World Cup with journeyman wicketkeeper, Mark Greatbatch turned into a master blasting opening bat. Another innovation was Dipak Patel opening the bowling.

Greatbatch and Patel are clearly early prototypes for players who would emerge in 20/20 formats of cricket in the 2000s. In fact most of this squad really suit 20/20. Andrew Jones was a precision run getter, Lee Germon as a wicketkeeper was inspirational, Dion Nash was a talented allrounder, Danny Morrison a decent slinging pacer. There "wibbly, wobbler" medium pacers, like Chris Harris, and big hitters like Greatbatch, Chris Cairns, and Nathan Astle and utility men such as Roger Twose.

Thanks to @DalePlaysCricket for a couple of bases, that I tweaked but not too much, some good faces in there tbh. The rest are mine.

Thanks to the logo, bat, uniform, stadium makers.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 2000s.

So Stephen Fleming could have been in this side, however this squad of 21 has some New Zealand All Time Greats in it. They are led by the shrewd tactician, Daniel Vettori, who broke into the side in the 90s. Vettori has attacking talent in his squad to pick and choose from.

One of the talents available who was potentially better than Sir Richard Hadlee in the bowling department was Bond, Shane Bond. Injuries may have something to do with that but he was fast. A test strike rate of 37 at a bowling average of 22. That strike rate in tests, is the 3rd greatest ALL TIME, yes better than Dale Steyn and all the Aussie and West Indian greats.

Sadly Bond only played in 18 Test Matches. In ODIs he was just as productive, a strike rate 29.2 and at 20.88 and a 147 wickets in 82 ODI matches.

To open the innings, the squad's slight weakness is exposed here with Mathew Sinclair and the talented Lou Vincent. Both are not world beaters but will do the job, especially in ODI matches. At 3 is the talented Mark Richardson, followed by all rounder Craig McMillan at 4. At 5 is the agile wicket keeper Brendan McCullum. McCullum known to be T20 great, transformed New Zealand's cricket in the era in Tests and from his introduction, the face of World Cricket was changed forever. At 6 is the hard hitting allrounder Jacon Oram and at 7, is the tough nuggetty, Scott Styris. At 8 Vettori will stride to the wicket, another player who can bat and extend New Zealand's industrious engine room. At 9 is their number 1 strike bowler and one of the most lethal in the world, pace bowler, Shane Bond. At 10 is Daryl Tuffey and 11 is the consistent and reliable Chris Martin

In reserve, are Paul Wiseman, Jeetan Patel, Robbie Hart, Peter Fulton, Jamie How, Mathew Bell, James Franklin, Matt Horne, and the Marshall twins, Hamish and James.

Shane Bond and Chris Martin are a dangerous pair of pacers and if they get going and the long batting lineup put up runs, any opposition with have their hands full.

Thanks to @DalePlaysCricket and @wasteyouryouth for a couple of bases, that I tweaked but not too much, some good faces in there tbh. The rest are mine.

Thanks to the logo, bat, uniform, stadium makers.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 2010s,

A squad of 25 players here, mostly bases from @wasteyouryouth the academy and one or two of my own, so you may have most of these players although I know I created Nathan McCullum a prominent short format player.

Some excellent players here, well known of course, Kane Williamson. In the short formats, I feel this combination of players, with Jimmy Neesham, Ross Taylor, Trent Boult, Tim Southee, BJ Watling, Corey Anderson, T20 King Colin Munro, Henry Nichols, Tom Latham, Mitchell Santner, Lockie Ferguson, Colin D, Martin Guptill, Luke Ronchi and The imcomparable flashing genius of Jesse Ryder, wil beat anyone on their day and I for one can't wait to put this squad on Tour through the eras.

In my opinion this is the best collection of Kiwi talent ever assembled.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand All Time.

Based on many articles from Cric Info and the New Zealand Era Teams I've created beginning from New Zealand's 1930s up to 2010s. I've created the near impossible task of creating a variety of line-ups. Most of the creations are mine and I've used an updated version of my original Martin Crowe and Richard Hadlee with the same stats but with an improved face from I believe either @wasteyouryouth or @DalePlaysCricket. As well as the excellent creations of Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor from @wasteyouryouth.

So whose in, I'll just list them as that is easier,

Openers - Glenn Turner, Bert Sutcliffe, John Wright, Mark Richardson, Grahm Dowling,
Batsmen Martin Crowe, Kane Williamson, Martin Donnelly, Ross Taylor, Nathan Astle, Stephen Fleming, Andrew Jones, Bev Congdon, Stewie Dempster, John F Reid, Colin Munro,
All-Rounders - Chris Cairns, Craig McMillan, Richard Hadlee, John R Reid,
Pace Bowlers - Richard Hadlee, Dion Nash, Shane Bond, Jack Cowie, Richard Collinge, Danny Morrison, Gary Bartlett, Ewan Chatfield, Simon Doull, Dick Motz,
Spinners- Daniel Vettori, Tom Burtt,
Wicketkeepers - Brendan McCullum, Ian Smith, Adam Parore, Ken Wadsworth,

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uploaded New Zealand All Time.

Based on many articles from Cric Info and the New Zealand Era Teams I've created beginning from New Zealand's 1930s up to 2010s. I've created the near impossible task of creating a variety of line-ups. Most of the creations are mine and I've used an updated version of my original Martin Crowe and Richard Hadlee with the same stats but with an improved face from I believe either @wasteyouryouth or @DalePlaysCricket. As well as the excellent creations of Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor from @wasteyouryouth.

So whose in, I'll just list them as that is easier,

Openers - Glenn Turner, Bert Sutcliffe, John Wright, Mark Richardson, Grahm Dowling,
Batsmen Martin Crowe, Kane Williamson, Martin Donnelly, Ross Taylor, Nathan Astle, Stephen Fleming, Andrew Jones, Bev Congdon, Stewie Dempster, John F Reid, Colin Munro,
All-Rounders - Chris Cairns, Craig McMillan, Richard Hadlee, John R Reid,
Pace Bowlers - Richard Hadlee, Dion Nash, Shane Bond, Jack Cowie, Richard Collinge, Danny Morrison, Gary Bartlett, Ewan Chatfield, Simon Doull, Dick Motz,
Spinners- Daniel Vettori, Tom Burtt,
Wicketkeepers - Brendan McCullum, Ian Smith, Adam Parore, Ken Wadsworth,

No love for any of the current pacers? :( Bruce Taylor is another one that could feel hard done by.

Attempting a personal strongest playing XI...

1. Glenn Turner
  2. Mark Richardson
  3. Kane Williamson:c:
  4. Ross Taylor
  5. Martin Crowe
  6. Brendon McCullum:wk:
  7. Chris Cairns
  8. Daniel Vettori
  9. Richard Hadlee
  10. Shane Bond
  11. Jack Cowie

Williamson over Flem, Richardson over the other two openers, Cairns over Reid and Cowie over the other pacers are the fairly contentious ones.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No love for any of the current pacers? :( Bruce Taylor is another one that could feel hard done by.

Attempting a personal strongest playing XI...

1. Glenn Turner
  2. Mark Richardson
  3. Kane Williamson:c:
  4. Ross Taylor
  5. Martin Crowe
  6. Brendon McCullum:wk:
  7. Chris Cairns
  8. Daniel Vettori
  9. Richard Hadlee
  10. Shane Bond
  11. Jack Cowie

Williamson over Flem, Richardson over the other two openers, Cairns over Reid and Cowie over the other pacers are the fairly contentious ones.
No BJ Watling in either. Best batting record for NZ with the gloves in Tests.

Users who are viewing this thread