Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded the India 1986 Tour to England Test Playing Squad.

Since their tour of England in 1971, India had gone 15 years without winning a Test Series, though 8 members of this team won the 1983 World Cup against the mighty West Indies in 1983. (one of the worst days of my life) They also won the 1985 World Championship of Cricket in 1985 to show 1983 was no fluke.

The '86 squad despite this win less test series streak did have talent, and in a one day game this team could take your heart! Wisden called them the "The Team Of The Century" after their 1985 triumph.

Led by one of the best all rounders of all time in Kapil Dev and bolstered by the tall elegant batsman, Dilip Vengsarkar, the only man to score three consecutive centuries at Lords, the team comfortably beat England 2-0 in England.

At the top of the order was the legendary veteran "little master" Sunil Gavaskar and the dashing "blink and you'll miss it" Kris Srikkanth. With Vengsarkar in the lineup was the veteran batsman who could handle pace bowling in Mohinder Amanarth, along with the phenom of Indian cricket Mohammad Azaruddhin the only man to score three consecutive hundreds in his first three tests, and dynamic young all rounder in Ravi Shastri.

Though the spinning ranks were not as strong as 1971, the team did possess a player seen as the successor to the great Bedi, who did not quite fill his enormous potential in Maninder Singh. Also in the squad are two heroes of their 1983 triumph Madan Lal and Roger Binny, plus two very good wicket keeper batsmen in Kiren More and Chandrakant Pandit. However the surprise of that tour was fast medium Chetan Sharma who took 16 wickets in two test matches.

Though talented this team was they would not win another series until 1993 away to Sri Lanka.

I loved watching this team as a teenager as the batsmen had real class, Vengsarkar and Amanarth I had followed in the newspapers keeping track of their progess, Kapil Dev was another who I admired, but the man who really got me excited was Kris Srikkanth. He didn't have a high average but that was because he came in and blasted away, I feel he is a player who would thrive in today's game!

Special Thanks to Llewelynf for the uniforms and logos, Wasteryouryouth and too many others to mention for their inspiration!

Completed Teams: West Indies 1928, 1950 Touring, 1960-61 Touring, 1963 Touring, 1966 Touring, 1973 Touring, 1976 Touring, 1979-80 Touring, 1984 Touring. WI Completed Era Squads: West Indies 30's 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00s, and West Indies All Time and Bangladesh All Time. India 2011, India 1971, India 1986.

User name: Mouseydread

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uploaded the India 1971 Tour to West Indies and England Test Playing Squad.

This squad secured India's 2nd and 3rd away Series victories and was the first against both major Test playing nations. This side had been previously led by the Nawab of Pataudi Jr and had beaten New Zealand away in 1968.

This team beat the West Indies in 1971, 1-0 in the West Indies in a 5 test series and England later that year 1-0 in a 3 test series. Most of the squad would beat England 2-1 at home in the winter of'72 to conclude 3 consecutive series victories in a row, to establish Indian cricket in the Test Arena.

This side is led by Ajit Wadekar, and has a young Sunil Gavaskar, promising Gundappa Vishwanath, a quartet of spinners, led by ace Bishen Bedi, Srini Venkat, Erapali Prasana, and mystery leg spinner Bhagwhat Chandrashekar. There is power hitting too in Salim Durani who would have loved the IPL, excellent keeper Farouk Engineer another who would have loved the IPL, Dilip Sardesi who dominated the West Indies and prolific close catcher Eknath Solkar.

For the West Indian leg Chandra and Engineer did not play. In England they did for Prasana and Krishnamarthy so I have included two lines ups.

Special Thanks to Llewelynf for the uniforms and logos, Wasteryouryouth and too many others to mention for their inspiration!

Completed Teams: West Indies 1928, 1950 Touring, 1960-61 Touring, 1963 Touring, 1966 Touring, 1973 Touring, 1976 Touring, 1979-80 Touring, 1984 Touring. WI Completed Era Squads: West Indies 30's 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00s, and West Indies All Time and Bangladesh All Time.

This was the time my grandparents listened to these matches through radio. A few of those players are still around and connected with the game through their experience and analysis!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Since their tour of England in 1971, India had gone 15 years without winning a Test Series, though 8 members of this team won the 1983 World Cup against the mighty West Indies in 1983. (one of the worst days of my life) They also won the 1985 World Championship of Cricket in 1985 to show 1983 was no fluke.

The '86 squad despite this win less test series streak did have talent, and in a one day game this team could take your heart! Wisden called them the "The Team Of The Century" after their 1985 triumph.

Led by one of the best all rounders of all time in Kapil Dev and bolstered by the tall elegant batsman, Dilip Vengsarkar, the only man to score three consecutive centuries at Lords, the team comfortably beat England 2-0 in England.

At the top of the order was the legendary veteran "little master" Sunil Gavaskar and the dashing "blink and you'll miss it" Kris Srikkanth. With Vengsarkar in the lineup was the veteran batsman who could handle pace bowling in Mohinder Amanarth, along with the phenom of Indian cricket Mohammad Azaruddhin the only man to score three consecutive hundreds in his first three tests, and dynamic young all rounder in Ravi Shastri.

Though the spinning ranks were not as strong as 1971, the team did possess a player seen as the successor to the great Bedi, who did not quite fill his enormous potential in Maninder Singh. Also in the squad are two heroes of their 1983 triumph Madan Lal and Roger Binny, plus two very good wicket keeper batsmen in Kiren More and Chandrakant Pandit. However the surprise of that tour was fast medium Chetan Sharma who took 16 wickets in two test matches.

Though talented this team was they would not win another series until 1993 away to Sri Lanka.

I loved watching this team as a teenager as the batsmen had real class, Vengsarkar and Amanarth I had followed in the newspapers keeping track of their progess, Kapil Dev was another who I admired, but the man who really got me excited was Kris Srikkanth. He didn't have a high average but that was because he came in and blasted away, I feel he is a player who would thrive in today's game!

Completed Teams: West Indies 1928, 1950 Touring, 1960-61 Touring, 1963 Touring, 1966 Touring, 1973 Touring, 1976 Touring, 1979-80 Touring, 1984 Touring. WI Completed Era Squads: West Indies 30's 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00s, and West Indies All Time and Bangladesh All Time. India 2011, India 1971, India 1986.

Now that's my parents generation, watching it on TV I think. Plus, 1983 is in media nowadays as a Bollywood Movie is being made on Indian's triumph in WC '83!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Recently, Kapil Dev, Madan Lal and Kris Srikanth came on a YouTube Show, called Cricket Diaries. Learnt a lot about them there. My Mom describes Kris Srikanth, like the 80s Sehwag! Totally aggressive batting! I saw one innings where he has a 100+ Strike and the other batsmen were far from being run a ball!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Recently, Kapil Dev, Madan Lal and Kris Srikanth came on a YouTube Show, called Cricket Diaries. Learnt a lot about them there. My Mom describes Kris Srikanth, like the 80s Sehwag! Totally aggressive batting! I saw one innings where he has a 100+ Strike and the other batsmen were far from being run a ball!

We all know this by Gavaskar is the greatest ODI inns of all time, never to be surpassed.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No Sarcasm? Even if it is sarcasm, I think teams that are just starting to play major tournaments (Afghanistan this WC), should learn that even if you're losing just stay on the crease and don't get out.

Nah no sarcasm... I actually admire the stubbornness but what’s crazy there is he actually did hit because he thought “334 in 60 overs is unacheivable, I may as well just have a net” - in a World Cup game.

And for that reason it truly is the most remarkable ODI inns of all time.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Nah no sarcasm... I actually admire the stubbornness but what’s crazy there is he actually did hit because he thought “334 in 60 overs is unacheivable, I may as well just have a net” - in a World Cup game.

And for that reason it truly is the most remarkable ODI inns of all time.
Same thoughts. Like today's match, finally Afghanistan is playing it properly. Can't achieve the target, but at least protect your wicket! A lot to learn for Windies of 2019 as well!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Added a Vanilla uniform :) There are so many talented uniform makers out there, I normally just put a Vanilla uniform in, and add in whatever up to date uniform Friedele/Lewellyn7 makes and let the user choose how they want their team to dress. Thanks for the spot. :)

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded the India 1993- 1994 Test Playing Squad.

Between January 1993 and November 1994, India played 14 Tests and won 9 of them losing only 1 to a fading but still competitive West Indies. During that stretch India swept England 3-0 in India and Sri Lanka 3-0 at home.

This was a new generation of cricketers led by Mohammad Azharuddin. At the top of the order was Navjot Sidhu an exciting opener who could block and attack depending on his mood, he was partnered by the versatile Manoj Prabhakar, then followed by the enigmatic Vinod Kambli at first drop, followed by the genius boy wonder Sachin Tendulkar.

Azhar would come in at 5 with Pravin Amre at 6. Kapil Dev would stride in at 7 and was still effective with the new ball, adhesive keeper batsman Kiren More was at 8, Anil Kumble had emerged as a world class leg spinner at 9, with spinner Rajesh Chahaun at 10 and the irrepressible pacer Javagal Srinath at 11.

As backups there was the annoyingly good Ajay Jadeja, left arm spinner Venkat Raju, the talented Sanjay Manjrekar, leg spinner Narendra Hirwani, keeper Nayan Mongia and spinner Aashish Kapoor. Maninder Singh was in an out of the squad, with leg spinner, Vijay Yadav.

I like this era as Kambli and Tendulkar will bat in tandem.

Thank you to Spoobir for Sachin and Kumble, the rest are my creations.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploading India 2008- 2011

This is the India that battled with Australia and England at the top of the world rankings.

This was a side infused with confidence by the combative Sourav Ganguly and later led by MS Dhoni. In this era they played 11 Test Series, winning 9, drawing 2. This included 31 Tests winning 15 and losing just 3. Ganguly would drop off the scene at the end of 2008 but his job was done and his legacy secured. This era came to an end with a 4-0 defeat in England later in 2011, in a series to determine the World Champions. (scenario?)

Star names trip off the tongue..... Gambhir...Sehwag...Dravid...Tendulkar...Laxman...Ganguly..Dhoni....Harbhajan....Zaheer Khan....Kumble....Sharma...Yuvraj...Karthick..RP Singh....Raina, Sreesanth..etc

Special thanks to Spoobir and Llewlyn7 for the playfaces, and others for their contribution to the India 2005 project by Spoobir, outstanding!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread