IPL Diary​

KFC T20 Big Bash Diary

Australia A Diary

Tasmania Diary

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Isnt his stats abit too high for someone that young? Btw, quitting your Ashes story?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
no, im keeping on doing that one, i just don't want to do it all at once and i don't have much else to do in the holidays.. i just started this one cause I just wanted to start it. If I make his stats much lower, he won't be too good in the IPL.

And Blake's talking about the ICC Player Diary one when I debuted for England pretty early on but I had to do that if you didn't want it to be the most boring story since there was a bug and I was staying overseas.

blake

School Cricketer
It wasn't just the debuting for England. It was also getting an unrealistic contract in the IPL. Falling down stairs. Taking cocaine. Getting banned for life.

Anyway, good luck, let's hope this is another entertaining story. ;)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
it was the bug in the game, it just made me play in the IPL and not get back. I was just trying to make it different, i mean whats the fun of practising and get a back injury from training or just quiting cricket.

hedger_14 added 3 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

or do you want me to make my stats around 70, start again since i've already started it and I'll post it when I want to and do a county season with New South Wales and make my way up to the IPL.

Leverocks

School Cricketer
Good to see you're playing for the best team, the Chennai Super Kings.
Good luck with the story mate.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Pre Season Training

Chapter 1 ~ Pre Season Training

Bowling Training:

It was just before the IPL after I was signed by Chennai Super kings. I was training in the nets and was bowling my right arm fast medium. I managed to bowl Raina who batted first out 2 times. I was pretty happy, one to be playing in the IPL to start off with and one to bowl Suresh Raina out twice. Matthew Hayden then came into the nets to bat. I bowled him out once but then he started to get the better of me. I tried something different and banged one in short. He went to pull but the ball hit him on the helmet grill. Ouch and then the coach called me to go pad up.

TrainingBowlingBowled.jpg

I bowl Suresh Raina middle stump

TrainingBowlingHitBody.jpg

I hit Matthew Hayden with a bouncer and he goes down

Batting Training:
I started padding up and got ready to bat. Just before I went into the nets, Matthew Hayden came up to me and said, “Nice bowling there, don’t think you’ll get me out again oh.. and I will get you back for hitting me with that bouncer.” I only replied with, “Whatever” after he said that and went out to bat. Makhaya Ntine was the first bowler I faced, ducking from one of his bouncers. “Not what I wanted first ball”, I thought. He was bowling a fair few short deliveries which I evaded pretty well. I was just playing defensively playing some solid forward defence. I thought that I better start playing a bit more aggressively as I would have to in the IPL games.

Matthew Hayden was about to bowl to me. I was expecting a short ball first up but it was pretty full and I played a well timed leg glance. Well he got me back putting it in short and I missed it as well hitting me in the shoulder. I decided to take him on instead. I batted in the nets for a bit longer and then we did some fielding training. Matt came up to me after the training and said, “Good batting out there mate, I got you back though. You should get a spot on the side, you might even be a young Australian prospect.” I was told I was a good batsman and could play for Australia by Matthew Hayden. I had a smile on my face. I left back to the hotel ready for the first IPL game against Kings XI Punjab.

TrainingBattingForwardDefence.jpg

Me playing some solid forward defence

TrainingBattingSmash.jpg

I smash Hayden through square leg

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
Why the hell was hayden bowling? :p He was probably bowling about 40mph bowls eh? Good first practice session mate, already made a good impression aye?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
The First Match

Chapter 2 ~ The First Match

So match day finally came. I was wondering whether I would get chosen. I left for the MA Chidambaram Stadium for the match against Kings XI Punjab.

I got out of the taxi and headed into the stadium. The coach called us over to announce the squad for the match. “Ok, we want to win this first match. MS Dhoni will captain the side as normal. Our starting XI in order is Mahendra Singh Dhoni who will be our captain and keeper, Matthew Hayden our other opening batsman, Suresh Raina, Mike Hussey, Brendon Hedger, what was that Brendon” the coach announced. “Nothing, never mind” I replied. The coach continued, “Andrew Flintoff, Albie Morkel. Ok the bowlers are Muttiah Murilitharan, Sudeep Tyagi, Makhaya Ntini and Lakshmipathy Balaji. Sorry for those who did not get selected today but you’ll get a chance later in the tournament”. The pitch was looking green so I was looking to have a bowl on the pitch with also the overcast conditions. MS Dhoni won the toss and came back with the news that we would bowl first.

Match Conditions:
MatchConditionsCSKvsKXP.jpg

So we went out into the field Ntini opening the bowling. Ntini’s fifth ball was outside off stump and Katich went after it. The ball hit the edge and went to the keeper who took a simple catch. Great start for us as I went over to congratulate the bowler.

IPLKatichEdge.jpg

Katich edges behind

Tyagi’s first ball went to the boundary. Tyagi conceded 13 runs from the over after Yuvraj hit 2 four’s off the last 2 balls of the over. “Come on Dhoni” I said as he let through 4 byes and gave me the look as if to say, “Like you could do any better”. Tyagi’s second over was better conceding 1 run other than the 4 byes. Well the first six of the game, as Ntini was smashed over the square leg boundary for 6. Balaji was brought on in the seventh over and I was surprised when Tyagi would bowl out his fourth over.

It was 67/1 after 10 over’s and I still hadn’t bowled yet. Flintoff came on to bowl his second over and Yuvraj Singh was caught by Dhoni. What a catch though. If there was a second slip there it would have been an easy catch but Dhoni dived well away to his left taking a classic catch. Wicket maiden from Flintoff. Great over. I went up to the captain and asked if I could have a bowl. He replied with, “Fine, do what you can and keep it tight or I’ll take you off”.

IPLDhoniCatch.jpg

Dhoni makes a brilliant dive to his left

OffCutters

International Coach
Good start mate, this could be one of the best stories you`ve written, much better than the other ones tbh.:clap

just_cricket

Club Captain
I agree, this is a much better start. I used to skip your stories tbh but I think I will follow this one- you've learnt pretty quickly. :clap
I think the Super Kings will win this one... KUTGW

Users who are viewing this thread