Story Nasser Hussain XI vs ROW XI

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nasser Hussain's testimonial match at the Oval, London.
It will be a 20 over per side match to be held after the England v India Natwest Series 4th ODI match.

Nasser Hussain's XI

Mark Butcher
Nick Knight
Nasser Hussain (Capt)
Andy Flower (wkt)
Graeme Hick
Graham Thorpe
Heath Streak
Lance Klusener
Ashley Giles
Andrew Caddick
Darren Gough

Rest of the World XI

Graeme Smith
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara (capt)
Jacques Kallis
TM Dilshan
Andrew Symonds
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Shane Warne
Anil Kumble
Wasim Akram
Glen McGrath

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
A lot of excitement has been generated since this match was announced. The chance to see the likes Akram, Hick, Knight, Caddick and Hussain for one last time has resulted in an absolute sell out at the Oval.

A lot of well knowns and celebrities will also be attending this match including the British PM Tony Blair, The Queen, David Beckham, Dwayne Chambers, Jennifer Aniston, The Rock, Sadaam Hussein, Jonah aka Mike..........and the bloody list just goes on.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Originally posted by m_vaughan
A lot of well knowns and celebrities will also be attending this match including.... Jonah aka Mike..........and the bloody list just goes on.

That would be spot on !!

:p :D

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry no screenshots for this match.

Nasser Hussain won the toss and decided to bowl first on a pretty normal wicket at the oval but under grey skies. Infact that start of the match had been deleayed by an hour due to early morning showers.
The Rest of the World XI got off toa terrible start with Tendulkar, Smith and Lara all back to the pavilion with the score at just 22 after 4 overs. Caddick had picked up Tendulkar and Lara, while Gough had dismissed Smith.
However a good partnership of 65 runs in 50 odd balls between Kallis and Dilshan improved things and the Rest of the World XI scored 146-5 in 20 overs.
Dilshan finished unbeaten on 70 while Caddick finished with figures of 3/22 in 4 overs.

The Nasser Hussain XI , unlike the ROW XI, got off to an explosive start with both Knight and Butcher going after McGrath and Akram. At the end of the first five overs, NH XI were 48-0. Kumble, Warne, Symonds and Kallis could not do much either,as NH XI reached 100-0 in 12.3 overs. However, then McGrath came back for his second spell and dismissed Butcher for 44. England XI then had a mini-collapse losing Knight (53), and Flower (2). However Hussain and Hick took NH XI home with 13 balls to spare.
Nick Knight top scored with 53 from 36 balls, while McGrath finised with figures of 2/40 in 3.5 overs.

Andrew Caddick was named man of the match, and Nasser Hussain himself thanked all those who had turned up for his testamonial match.
PM Tony Blair said that he was proud that a greater leader like Hussain had captained England for so long. The PM then congratulated all the players and thanked the crowd for their support. Ofcourse he had something to say about Saddam Hussein who was present in the crowd as well.

There was also a fantastic dance performance by Jonah (aka Mike). He moved his booty to the tune - " Contrary to rumours......My avataaar....is not a picture of me, yeah yeah!"

Attachments

• jonah.jpg
    jonah.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 76

jonah

International Coach
Originally posted by m_vaughan
There was also a fantastic dance performance by Jonah (aka Mike). He moved his booty to the tune - " Contrary to rumours......My avataaar....is not a picture of me, yeah yeah!"

This dancer must have been a doppelganger; I can't dance, spent most of the match in the bar and anyway, here is a photo of the real me and Ms Aniston turning up at the match...

Attachments

• pitt.jpg
    pitt.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 69

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PC sources have given me this exclusive picture of the real Mike and partner

uglycouplelarge.jpg

jonah

International Coach
:D :D . That was taken just after I got up...amazing the difference a coffee and a shower makes;)
You wait till Jackie, er Jennifer sees this...:p

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Originally posted by jonah
:D :D . That was taken just after I got up...amazing the difference a coffee and a shower makes;)
You wait till Jackie, er Jennifer sees this...:p

Yes its amazing what those exteme makeovers can do for you. :p

As for the hunt for the real Mike, well the next time I am on MSN and Jackie comes online..................;)

jonah

International Coach
Originally posted by zimrahil

As for the hunt for the real Mike, well the next time I am on MSN and Jackie comes online..................;)

Nooooo!:eek: ;)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
well Jackie proved most helpful. It's no wonder you are so keen on Surrey Mike or should I say Alec ;) :p

Here's the real deal folks.....

stewart2.jpg

Jonah (Alec) is taken by surprise when this picture was taken

Users who are viewing this thread