National Anthems at CT 09

P

pcfan123

Is it just me or are they butchering every countries national anthem? Almost sounds like jibberish at times.

Can the subcontinent folks tell us if they are singing the correct lyrics?

Its very disgraceful in my opinion. Would it really be that hard to find a Pakistani, or an Englishman or an Indian etc to sing their own anthems properly, instead of these weird C grade opera style renditions by random South Africans.

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nope. It isn't only you. They really are butchering national anthems. I was watching the Ind-Aus match the day before yesterday, and when that guy started singing our national anthem- I had to mute my TV set. Yeew! The pronunciation was terrible- hardly a word was pronounced correctly, and it resulted in the anthem sounding ridiculously awful!

nz0003

International Cricketer
They screw up the New Zealand anthem so much. It's a disgrace to be honest, how hard can it be!?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
They screw up the New Zealand anthem so much. It's a disgrace to be honest, how hard can it be!?

The women who sang it yesterday mucked it up very badly, not that I really care though.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Wasn't it just a recording in England that they played through the PA system?

That works so much better. If they really have to have someone on the field, let them just lip-sync.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just hate when they introduce variations of a national anthem. Just sing it properly like any Average Joe does with a backing track, we don't need a high pitched song of fail.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hopefully someone will read this thread and get ours right next time!

God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save our Queen.
Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save our Queen.

Skater added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Wasn't it just a recording in England that they played through the PA system?

That works so much better. If they really have to have someone on the field, let them just lip-sync.

Over here we just had the tune, no lyrics.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Why are they singing along?:confused: They should simply play a music.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I couldn't even make out what they were saying in the India - Pak game. I only knew it was OUR national anthem when I saw the likes of Dhoni, Tendulkar, Dravid etc singing it.

It's a disgrace, it's usually one of the better parts of the match. Really gets you pumped up.

Legend_Killer

School Cricketer
I couldn't even make out what they were saying in the India - Pak game. I only knew it was OUR national anthem when I saw the likes of Dhoni, Tendulkar, Dravid etc singing it.

It's a disgrace, it's usually one of the better parts of the match. Really gets you pumped up.

They should call Himesh to sing National Anthem? :D :p

Users who are viewing this thread