ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
natwest-t20-blast.jpg

Discuss the newly revamped English domestic T20 tournament here.

The tournament consists of two groups of 9 teams (North & South).

The top four teams from each group will progress through to the quarter finals.

North Division:
Birmingham Bears
Derbyshire Falcons
Durham Jets
Lancashire Lightning
Leicestershire Foxes
Northamptonshire Steelbacks
Nottinghamshire Outlaws
Worcestershire Rapids
Yorkshire Vikings

South Division:
Essex Eagles
Glamorgan
Gloucestershire Gladiators
Hampshire
Kent Spitfires
Middlesex Panthers
Somerset
Surrey
Sussex Sharks​

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I'm all for more games this season, because I think that will help a lot of clubs financially, but I just think the new season long format means that we get less quality rather than more. Clubs are going to sign overseas players for the whole season, rather than just the month or so, which will only be a few games this season as opposed to most of the competition in previous years.

That said the 'Birmingham Bears' is quite frankly terrible. And seems weird that Flintoff is coming back when it seemed like his body wasn't capable of doing this when he initially retired.

Last edited:

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seeing as this is kicking off tomorrow - how many people are going to go to any games this weekend?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I can't go to any of the Kent home games because of work (I work weekends :noway) But there is one scheduled on a Wednesday in June which I might go to :yes Always a good atmosphere up at the Spitfire ground.

You going to any Hampshire games?

Nottinghamshire v Lancashire is the first game to be shown live on Sky Sports tomorrow. That should be a really good game.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Yeah I agree, would like to see him get a crack at some international T20's.

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can't go to any of the Kent home games because of work (I work weekends :noway) But there is one scheduled on a Wednesday in June which I might go to :yes Always a good atmosphere up at the Spitfire ground.

You going to any Hampshire games?

Nottinghamshire v Lancashire is the first game to be shown live on Sky Sports tomorrow. That should be a really good game.

Definitely going to finals day so at least two Hampshire games then ;)

Other than that, I was hoping to go to the opening game tonight but I've got ruddy exams next week and can't quite justify it. But I'm hoping to get to about half the home games with a touch of luck (and with a huge dollop of Irish luck, my soon to be wife will come to one too...)

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
The problem with Trego is that he's not really that much of an allrounder in limited overs cricket any more. His bowling can be good and is great for the odd over, but you can't rely on him to bowl his allocation in every game. He is however, a much better batsman than people realise. He's proved the last few years that he's one of the best on the circuit in limited overs games. He's never going to get a chance though. He's not the first Somerset player to be underrated by the ECB. ;)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Decent innings from Samit Patel although his running between the wicket was poor. Lancashire's decision to give Anderson only 2 overs was very strange. I think 182 is too much for Lancashire although we all know what Buttler is capable of so you never know.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Buttler is very good, but the rest of that Lancashire batting lineup is so poor. Good to see Bresnan and Plunkett being the only reason that Yorkshire put a good score on the board too. :D

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Ha, Dernbach went for 16 off the last over of the game, to cost Surrey against Sussex. I thought Gurney looked decent though. A good change to the England squad that one.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Ha, Dernbach went for 16 off the last over of the game, to cost Surrey against Sussex.
That's pretty good for Dernbach. Anything below 20 is an achievement.

Good to see Kieswetter in the runs already . Slow knock but very much needed and probably should be in the England squad in limited overs (top scorer last year as well). Nannes looks a very canny signing. His punditry shows a good cricket brain and has the skills to match.

How good was Samit Patel though? I'd have him back in the England squad, but as a batting all-rounder, not for his bowling.

ZealousDamsel

School Cricketer
Going to be watching as much of this tourney as I can. As much as I'm a little bored of the t20 bandwagon I'll watch this.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
How good was Samit Patel though?

Started off at a run a ball and then gradually accelerated. It was an amazing nock but he did the job required for his team I suppose. But as I said earlier his running between the wicket is very poor. there were a number of occasions where 2 runs were possible but because of him only 1 was taken.

Also...Does anyone know what the prize is for hitting that massive inflatable pig? :lol

Users who are viewing this thread