Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
my view is we've reached the contradiction between us and the "casual" players that are the focus of the game.

batting is too easy, because they didn't want the casual gamers getting edges they didn't understand.

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
my view is we've reached the contradiction between us and the "casual" players that are the focus of the game.

batting is too easy, because they didn't want the casual gamers getting edges they didn't understand.
That is why every game has different difficulty levels spread across amateur to legend so that every player plays to his comfort level

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That is why every game has different difficulty levels spread across amateur to legend so that every player plays to his comfort level

yes but as we have seen with the online bros, lots of people don't want to play on anything other than the hardest settings.

why do you think they removed the AI reviewing? because again they don't want a casual gamer toiling for a wicket and losing it over something as archaic as, you know, the ball missing the stumps.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm all for making the game accessible to casual gamers etc.

However the reality of it is that although these casual gamers may add extra sales, chances are after a few slog fests and once the Ashes is done the majority will shelve the game.

You have to really LOVE cricket to spend hours and hours on a game grinding through a test match.

I have friends who like cricket, but they would be like Harry how bloody boring is it sitting there for 3 plus hours defending balls etc.

It's the true fans that will be the hours into the title.

Veteran and legendary have to be just that, there has to be that simulation mode.

For me last year I didn't mind the nicking off after getting thee perfects because that does happen, you get a jaffee that sometimes no matter what you do will have your name on it.

I can imagine after the xmas break this game again will come on leaps abandon bounds even more.

Genuinely have batted over 20 hours and edges it 3 times.

villafan001

Club Captain
Stumping glitch on missing a front foot shot seems fixed but I’m still getting it when I leave to a spinner, unfortunately.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I'm all for making the game accessible to casual gamers etc.

However the reality of it is that although these casual gamers may add extra sales, chances are after a few slog fests and once the Ashes is done the majority will shelve the game.

You have to really LOVE cricket to spend hours and hours on a game grinding through a test match.

I have friends who like cricket, but they would be like Harry how bloody boring is it sitting there for 3 plus hours defending balls etc.

It's the true fans that will be the hours into the title.

Veteran and legendary have to be just that, there has to be that simulation mode.

For me last year I didn't mind the nicking off after getting thee perfects because that does happen, you get a jaffee that sometimes no matter what you do will have your name on it.

I can imagine after the xmas break this game again will come on leaps abandon bounds even more.

Genuinely have batted over 20 hours and edges it 3 times.
Honestly what i loved about the dbc games, it was so different from previous cricket titles where you could just hit the ball for 6s and 4s at will. DBC changed this slab bam batting approach and gave us something realistic. I absolutely loved it. Alas ashes seems to have gone the old way.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Stumping glitch on missing a front foot shot seems fixed but I’m still getting it when I leave to a spinner, unfortunately.
The other day my back came out of the crease while I tried to glance (non aggressive shot) against a spinner down the leg side but missed. Was stumped. Looked convincing for me. Well done @BigAntStudios

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Honestly what i loved about the dbc games, it was so different from previous cricket titles where you could just hit the ball for 6s and 4s at will. DBC changed this slab bam batting approach and gave us something realistic. I absolutely loved it. Alas ashes seems to have gone the old way.
Did you really pushed the sliders to 100 and still smashed, can't believe that.. lol maybe the wicket was flat or something... I don't know what's wrong..Can you show me the video..

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yes but as we have seen with the online bros, lots of people don't want to play on anything other than the hardest settings.

why do you think they removed the AI reviewing? because again they don't want a casual gamer toiling for a wicket and losing it over something as archaic as, you know, the ball missing the stumps.

This is so sad the things you are saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread