OTHER Snooker 19

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
snooker nation for £2.89 is actually quite good.Do i really need to spend £30 on a snooker game.

JoeS31

Club Captain
Honestly these are the same sort of issues that have plagued the devs for 2 decades now.

For those people enjoying the game I am
sincerely pleased for them but I am sticking with my modded WSC 2005 until game improves
How would I go about getting WSC 2005 modded?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How would I go about getting WSC 2005 modded?
Ah you would need a modded /chipped original Xbox I am afraid

I spent about 6 months 4 years ago hacking the Xbox wsc 2005 gameplay files and I altered
  • Commentary
  • Players outfits
  • Cue used
  • Added new players
  • Even able to in add 2 tournaments (replacing existing ones)
  • Added new referees
  • New camera angles
  • BBC intro music
I have such a blast with it, if you have a modded Xbox (unlikely of course) I can send you the updated files

The animations are best in a snooker game and ai play good safety most of the time (but not always:p)

I put some vids on YouTube about 3 years ago if you want to see what I am talking about

D

Deleted member 193590

WoW those vids !!!! Light years ahead of what is on offer now!!!! Crazy!

Search on YouTube zimrahil

yes I second that......great work Zim.

Just played a quick 20 mins on snooker 19,really enjoyed it physics were good didn't encounter any bugs.
But bit of a problem for me,didn't have time to finish the frame so had to quit.can't believe there's no save feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeS31

Club Captain
yes I second that......great work Zim.

Just played a quick 20 mins on snooker 19,really enjoyed it physics were good didn't encounter any bugs.
But bit of a problem for me,didn't have time to finish the frame so had to quit.can't believe there's no save feature.
Don't say that! How can they expect us to play a 35 frame match with no save option? :facepalm

D

Deleted member 193590

Don't say that! How can they expect us to play a 35 frame match with no save option? :facepalm

just found out that the game saves in career mode after every shot.but no save in quick match,which is a bit of a pain if you just want to play a one off game.

kamy100

County Cricketer
I have not tried online but one of my friends on another posted this, what they hell where they thinking which a stupid decision:

So, before you hit a shot, you have three views. The table view, the cue view, the TV view. Online, you have 30 seconds to hit a shot. That's TEN SECONDS PER VIEW.

Not just to line up the shot, then fine-tune the shot, but to consider the path of the cue-ball, then apply spin, then take another look at th-TOO LATE, TIME UP, FOUL AND FOUR POINTS.

Absolutely destroys the gameplay online. You just can't play the game properly, you never have the time to just consider the next shot, LET ALONE change your mind about which colour you're going for. You just can't do it.

But to make matters worse...

There's a 20 minute match timer. At the end of that, it's just game over. Whoever was in the lead, wins. I will literally never finish a game. I've not played a game where the REDS have been cleared so far, let alone anything else.

On top of all that, you can only play one frame at a time. Even against friends.

What the hell were they thinking? It's a snooker game, it makes absolutely no sense. Snooker takes time. Even at a 60 second timer and a 30-40 minute match timer, it'd be PLAYABLE.

D

Dutch

I am loving it! Got the Steam version and the AI play really smartly, both in the balls and safety-wise. 3 hours in I would highly recommend it!
So safety play is not just rolling up to the cushion or balls?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am loving it! Got the Steam version and the AI play really smartly, both in the balls and safety-wise. 3 hours in I would highly recommend it!
Was this against easy AI cause I heard they play good safety but weirdly the harder AI is where main problem is?

JoeS31

Club Captain
Been playing on medium difficulty during career mode matches against Kyren Wilson and Judd Trump. Played 1 quick match against Anthony Hamilton (easy) and actually had a great tactical frame against him. But yes, maybe hard level is where the problems lie. I've not seen any rolling up to balls to play safe. All positive so far.

kamy100

County Cricketer
Having played a lot more the lack of safety play/roll ups is really only an issue against the higher difficulty opponents. I wonder if it is because AI logic for them is too attacking? If so hopefully developers can tweak it, certainly been reported to Lab42 via their twitter account.

JoeS31

Club Captain
They have said on the steam forums they are looking into the AI safety play so hopefully won't be too long until it's patched.

Users who are viewing this thread