New to Don Bradman Cricket,need advice..

kishore_513

School Cricketer
I am new to Don Bradman Cricket, but play a lot of Sport games on my Xbox One. I wanted a cricket game badly and I am thinking if picking up a completely patched DBC 14 makes more sense than the recently released DBC 17. I knew Big Ant will be patching the new game but that might need time to get it to a decent level considering all the glitches reported by most of you.

How does the DBC 14 AI or for that matter of fact DBC 17 AI play ? Do they play the same way as EA cricket or Brian Lara Cricket or do they chase/play realistically. I can live with out licensed teams and bad graphics, but a poor AI puts me off the game for ever. I prefer PES to FIFA every year as I feel it plays better but looks way inferior to the content EA made FIFA provides (just to give you guys a sense of what I am after).

So please advice guys, should I go for DBC 17 or DBC 14 ? Also appreciate couple of pointers about the game's AI and how better you enjoy yours game..

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I would say go for the game you'll be getting 18 months to 2 years worth of solid developer support with. DBC17 is by no means a bad game, in my opinion the AI are a lot better than DBC 14 and there's plenty to keep you involved with bowling wise. The game has EDGES, that actually go to the keeper/slips/gully/the boundary and watching the ball swing around corners is so enjoyable.

Gunslinger

Club Cricketer
Go for 17. It's got a few rough edges that need work but is still a lovely cricket game, in my opinion. Based on Big Ant's investment in and commitment to DBC 14, I have no worries at all about the future of this game.

Last edited:

kishore_513

School Cricketer
I would say go for the game you'll be getting 18 months to 2 years worth of solid developer support with. DBC17 is by no means a bad game, in my opinion the AI are a lot better than DBC 14 and there's plenty to keep you involved with bowling wise. The game has EDGES, that actually go to the keeper/slips/gully/the boundary and watching the ball swing around corners is so enjoyable.

Thanks mate. Ordered DBC 17 for my XBONE just now. Hopefully it turns out to be a wise decision. I don't get much time to play this game day in and day out coz of work and my little girl, but if it can deliver some quality games with with my brothers during the weekends and some rare solo marathons, I will be a happy customer. I was one of many screaming for a proper Cricket game back during EA cricket 2007 times, it would be a shame if I don't support BigAnt when they are doing their best to give us one.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If you had PC and could play franco's hack it'd be a tougher call. On console it's a no brainer, DBC17 is a better game than DBC14 and will only improve more in the coming months.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Thanks mate. Ordered DBC 17 for my XBONE just now. Hopefully it turns out to be a wise decision. I don't get much time to play this game day in and day out coz of work and my little girl, but if it can deliver some quality games with with my brothers during the weekends and some rare solo marathons, I will be a happy customer. I was one of many screaming for a proper Cricket game back during EA cricket 2007 times, it would be a shame if I don't support BigAnt when they are doing their best to give us one.
Believe me. There's a few rough edges and for me losing the 1st innings of a tour which I'd bowled brilliantly in was heartbreaking. But I've had a brilliant time with the game so far. Especially in the short format with some great T20 games. Plus the potential with the academy is great and will only improve when the pc release happens

Users who are viewing this thread