28. Turkey (-16)
30. Gabon (+18)
33. Mexico (-7)
37. Ireland (-3)
38. Egypt (+2)
40. Japan (-9)
48. South Korea (-2)
100. New Zealand (-18)
Awesome news for us. But it's a bit of a joke that we're above Portugal. But I guess you can only play who's put in front of you.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh sweet! Suck my balls Portugal!! Why's Brazil first though? hmm. Loving this. Lets review:

1 place ahead of Portugal
2 places ahead of Cote d'Ivoire
12 places ahead of Turkey
17 places ahead of Mexico
22 places ahead odf Egypt.

Jesus we are freaking good. Or just lucky we have palyed a lot of qualifiers just before these were announced..... Hmm I think I'll go for A thanks Eddie, we are freaking good.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How on earth we can drop a place when we've been winning every game is beyond me.

Skater added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Oh sweet! Suck my balls Portugal!! Why's Brazil first though? hmm. Loving this. Lets review:

1 place ahead of Portugal
2 places ahead of Cote d'Ivoire
12 places ahead of Turkey
17 places ahead of Mexico
22 places ahead odf Egypt.

Jesus we are freaking good. Or just lucky we have palyed a lot of qualifiers just before these were announced..... Hmm I think I'll go for A thanks Eddie, we are freaking good.
Brazil won the Confederations Cup.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Oh yeah forgot about that. I thought they were like 7th before or something? Lol hadn't checked them, must of just heard wrong.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
What the hell. There is no way we are better than Portugal. And there is no way the US are better than any of the teams in the top 20.

Weird stuff, I thought Russia were crap?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
What the hell. There is no way we are better than Portugal. And there is no way the US are better than any of the teams in the top 20.

Weird stuff, I thought Russia were crap?
Aussie Guus is a freak and does freakish things. Best manager ever.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm thrilled for Australia's rise in the rankings because I really do love their football team and our Timothy, but the FIFA rankings have always been a bit of a joke tbh.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The only reason why Australia are above Portugal in the rankings is because Australia beat teams of lesser opposition than themselves and who Portugal play. The rankings are hardly a fair reflection of how good some teams are. The World Cup is the best place to find out how good the teams really are.

I mean Russia 6th best team in the world? No chance. I know they've beaten England in the recent past but I wouldn't say they were a top 10 team at all. Maybe top 15 but not top 10.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
The only reason why Australia are above Portugal in the rankings is because Australia beat teams of lesser opposition than themselves and who Portugal play. The rankings are hardly a fair reflection of how good some teams are. The World Cup is the best place to find out how good the teams really are.

I mean Russia 6th best team in the world? No chance. I know they've beaten England in the recent past but I wouldn't say they were a top 10 team at all. Maybe top 15 but not top 10.

Russia also did extremely well in the Euros. I agree about the rankings because it does make it easier for the non-UEFA teams to climb up, but even the World Cup is not the best place to find out how good the teams really are. After the KO format starts, anything can happen. Only league format can show a team's consistency as far as I am concerned, and the rankings reveal that better, atleast within a confederation.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Then what we need is the UFWC - Unofficial Football World Championships

It uses the term of football world champions like a boxing title, so the team to beat the one in possession 'takes the belt'. Current holders are Holland, and it will come up for a fight again against England in August.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Then what we need is the UFWC - Unofficial Football World Championships

It uses the term of football world champions like a boxing title, so the team to beat the one in possession 'takes the belt'. Current holders are Holland, and it will come up for a fight again against England in August.

Thats pretty cool. How long have Holland had the title for? Because i remember Australia beat Holland a little while ago?

But even that system is flawed. Because its not that often you have a friendly against a team on a different continent.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thats pretty cool. How long have Holland had the title for? Because i remember Australia beat Holland a little while ago?
They've held it for 225 days now.

Skater added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Australia held the title for a massive 4 days in 1992. :p

Users who are viewing this thread