New Zealand in Bangladesh, October 2010/11

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well played Bangladesh, this could be the breakout series they needed to make a mark. Shakib just gets more and more awesome, such a talent.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes, Shakib definitely is the best all rounder after Watson currently in ODI's.

Kallis is not up to mark and Morkel and other guys are not upto mark.

Some what Matthews is also good but not consistent enough.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It isn't that NZ played very poorly, it is just that Bangladesh played very well.

Added to that the New Zealand lineup was as bad as ████. They deserve to lose.

Great win Bangladesh!

TumTum

International Cricketer
Williamson finally made a run :p

Seriously though what a talent, after consecutive ducks at just 20 years old he hits back with a 100. Well played.

(Although I didn't watch this match at all, so I wouldn't know exactly how he played)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He really played well. Some nice shots and some really powerful slogs

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'm not sure about that. but it depends on the qualification period. Tendulkar probably deserved it to go with his ICC.

I fully expected tamim to be one of the 5 wisden cricketers of the year (and shakib actually given he was pretty good for worcs as well)

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Very happy for Bangladesh team. They won without their best batsman Tamim Iqbal, now that makes this win even better.

Brook

Club Captain
NZ won't be the last top team to be beaten in a series. Bangladesh couldn't be whipping boys forever.

irottev

School Cricketer
They have like a bajillion population. There's every reason they'll be as good as Sl/India/Pakistan whoever for example one day. Current team performances will influence future generations etc.

The real test for them though is in other country conditions. In NZ/AUS/ENG/SA they'd still get trounced by the other test nations because they've had less exposure. The short ball and swinging ball will be a big issue. Still it's a step in the right direction.

Owzat

International Coach
████ cricket from New Zealand tbh

cannot bat tbh. Bowling more pathetic and well deserved series win for Bangladesh.

This will boost up their morale definitely

Some bizarre selection decisions by the kiwis, I looked at the scorecard and thought "wtf, why is Vettori batting at six?!?!?" I know he is a half-decent bat, but really a seven at best. He averages just 16.98 with the bat in ODIs, no way enough for a number six, and has batted 85% of his innings at 8-10 with an average of 16.57 compared to batting higher at an average of 18.73. A big 'fail' on that score, excuse the pun.

Why drop Ryder?!? He scored 33 and 21 in his two innings, hardly massive failures. They should focus more on Watling, Stewart, Elliott and Redmond who in nine innings have scored 82 runs between them at 9.11 average. They should dial 9.11 because that is a criminal return.

And Nathan McCullum, career record of 13.63 with bat and 38.13 with ball is terrible. And while he may have only played a handful of ODIs, haven't most been in India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh/Pakistan so hardly like he is disadvantaged?

While not wishing to upset Deshi fans by being critical of the kiwis, you can only play as well as your opponents let you and frankly this kiwi side ain't up to much. Five batsmen averaging over 18 in the series, two 50s and the one hundred. I'm not convinced this is conclusive proof Bangladesh have turned a corner or will be much improved at the World Cup. Let's see them beat someone other than one of the weaker Test nations (in a series)

Users who are viewing this thread