• New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters

Ricky pontinG

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
New Zealand in South Africa 2005/6

October:
14th - ODI warm up, v South Africa A at Benoni (D/N)
16th - ODI warm up, v South Africa A at Potchefstroom
21st - Twenty20 International at Johannesburg (D/N)
23rd - 1st ODI at Bloemfontein
28th - 2nd ODI at Cape Town (D/N)
30th - 3rd ODI at Port Elizabeth
November:
4th - 4th ODI at Durban (D/N)
6th - 5th ODI at Centurion
April 2006:
7th - Test warm up v Rest of South Africa XI at Benoni
15th - 1st Test at Centurion
27th - 2nd Test at Cape Town
May:
5th - 3rd Test at Johannesburg

who do you think will win sa or nz I think they are equal

P.S. the poll is 4 odis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
Both are very boring teams to watch. So i will skip this series.And ya i voted SA as i dont think they will win the series.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
i think both teams are evenly matched for odis, we have had a very good record against south africa too in odis in the last 5 years

irottev

School Cricketer
They will be good matches to watch. I don't think either side is boring at all. Why do you think they are boring? Can't wait to see Bond bowl at them. I hope they are doing some serious batting practice against pace.

Dhoni

School Cricketer
irottev said:
They will be good matches to watch. I don't think either side is boring at all. Why do you think they are boring? Can't wait to see Bond bowl at them. I hope they are doing some serious batting practice against pace.
Yup! these two are very good teams. It will be an excellent series. Can't wait to watch Bond bowling. And, my friend I don't think we have to listen to this dude, Mahesh Babu. He's just dumb. Everything is boring for him, but don't worry coz I'll take care of him once I find where he lives. lolz.. :D

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
irottev said:

Before bond was even a name Shoaib Akhtar was giving south africans a hard time in the nets bowling at the speed of 150-160.

Dhoni

School Cricketer
fardin said:
Before bond was even a name Shoaib Akhtar was giving south africans a hard time in the nets bowling at the speed of 150-160.
Agree with you fardin. Shoaib Akhtar was looking good in Afro-Asia Cup. He bowled pretty well. I think he should now play for Pakistan. He seems to be in good touch. Lets see how well he bowls against England?

irottev

School Cricketer
Pakistan vs England will be a great series as well. Hopefully I can see some highlights or something on tv.\

Vettori won't be able to play in the first match due to the Superseries (presuming he will play in the test which is pretty much certain) so we could get off to a bad start. Lets hope not. Itll be interesting to see who replaces him.

Last edited:

Andrew G

Club Cricketer
As said before, both teams are evenly matched and have strong players,
but because I'm an advocate for animal rights and feel for the torment that
sheep are suffering in N.Z., I'll pick the almighty South Africans...

Happy cricketing...
Andrew.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Whoever thinks this series is going to be boring should go jump!

South Africa and New Zealand are two of the better teams in the world, and have been in good form in their previous tours.

South Africa destroyed the Windies in Windies in both tests and ODIs. SA also beat England 4-1 at home.

New Zealand on the other hand outplayed India and Zimbabwe in the recently concluded ODI series, and also won the two tests against Zimbabwe comfortably.

I am going to go for New Zealand in the ODIs 3-2 or 4-1. I do believe they are a very strong one day team. But I think South Africa will win the three test series 2-0 or 2-1. The Kiwiz still have a lot to prove in the test arena.

Players to watch out for in this series are, as usual, Shane Bond for NZ and Jacques Kallis for South Africa. Ashwel Prince has also been very impressive in the past 10 months, while New Zealand do have the dangerous Chris Cairns as well as Jacob Oram in their side.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Bond's the Best

Bond is one of my fav bowlers in the world.:D
looking forward to his bowling (rather demolishing) against the south africans.
May the Best team WIN.

PS : New Zealand are the better of the two :D :D

Indiangod

International Coach
South Africa and New Zealand are both evenly matched teams, New Zealand looks the better team out of the two, with depth in batting, lots of all rounders, lots of bowling options, backed up by a great fielding side.

irottev

School Cricketer
There arn't any tests. Well not until April which is over half a year away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread