• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great batting of Hashim Amla. Unfortunately he went out on 149 runs. And from the text commentary I read it TV replays showed it wasn't a LBW, since he had a inside edge.

South Africa has by now avoided the follow on. Prince has also reached a fifty.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
This may be an extremely biased opinion, but my thoughts on Hashim Amla's innings are that it was a very mature knock, and that many of our players can learn from it. He has also showed a great improvement in his technique if you go by his performances from his last international matches. After being dropped his determination to get back into the squad has been excellent he was the highest runs scorer in the Super Sport Series (4 day domestic competition) and he also helped by leading his squad to a joint SS Series title.

Hashim is young and can still improve his technique and he is going to be around for a long time to come, and will one day be a batting force for South Africa. Not to mention his captaining skills might come in handy one day.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I have never seen Amla play, but I read he used to shuffle a lot on the crease when he faced the bowling. Can't imagine that how that's like. Anyway, he was a very good replacement for Gibbs. When Gibbs gets back in form, South Africa can have a better middle order, if Amla plays frequently.

irottev

School Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Last I heard, the Australia v New Zealand games in the VB Series will also make up the Chapple-Hadlee Series.

Exactly right. So it isn't happening as its own series.

This will be a draw. The pitch is just too flat to bowl ya out without Bond.

kodos

International Coach
Kallis, Gibbs, Amla, Prince and Boucher is a very solid middle order if SA decide to adopt that approach.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
irottev said:
Exactly right. So it isn't happening as its own series.

This will be a draw. The pitch is just too flat to bowl ya out without Bond.

even with Shane Bond it would still be a struggle...he isnt superman.

irottev

School Cricketer
He is better than Superman!!!

Of couse he would struggle, but hes a much better chance at wickets then Martin and Franklin. Franklin bowled pretty well, but theres just nothing in it, the batsmen don't need to score runs off him either.

Unless theres some miracle, this is a definate draw.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ntini is ripping apart the Kiwis just like he did with the Aussies. Smith choose right this time round when fielding first. Kiwis are 3 wickets down for only 2 runs. Fleming is still there and Astle is in now so these would be the two to turn this around.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
the fact Lou Vincent isnt playing is disgraceful...i dont think How is up to int'l standards and i have my doubts about Papps.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I agree Vincent should be there. If he comes off he is dangerous, if he doesn't well the Kiwis are back in their usual mess. Silly move to drop Fulton though, he was looking alright.

sid_19840

International Coach
Good to see Pollock back in the team for South Africa.Terrible start though by Newzealand losing those three quick wickets.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
i have to say...John Bracewell has become the all conquering evil overlord of NZ Cricket. Crushing anyone who stands in his way (ie Vincent) and destroying NZ Test Cricket.

The NZ Cricket Board would do well so say goodbye to this power-hungry oaf...but that wont happen until after the WC at least.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The selectors would have had more say in who toured so they should be blamed for Vincent. Bracewell is a shocking coach for test as has been shown by NZ recent record. They need to find a coach that is good at both ODIs and Test cricket. They should have kept Steve Rixion.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Yes but Vincent's bizarre omission from the team was based on that disagreement that occured between himself and Bracewell...that tells me Bracewell holds sway over the selectors.

Users who are viewing this thread