New Zealand tour of Australia Nov-Dec 2015

PokerAce

Banned
What a performance from the Kiwis!!

Now if they get a lead tomorrow, of say 60/70 runs, then Australia will be the only side that could lose this test, with a 3rd innings collapse. If Australia bat to safety then there just wont be enough overs left to get 10 wickets in the 4th innings. What a great test this could still be!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
160.4 km/h yorker to Ross Taylor

TBH, it looks as fast as his other yorkers. I might be wrong, but i think there's a problem with the speed gun. One delivery from Lyon was 115 kph.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
TBH, it looks as fast as his other yorkers. I might be wrong, but i think there's a problem with the speed gun. One delivery from Lyon was 115 kph.

That's exactly what I thought. I mean we are no expert to judge the speed of the ball just from watching it on TV but it did not look too different from his other deliveries in that spell. Also that's what Craig McMilan said as well.

"I don't know, maybe someone in the truck was having a bit of fun but that delivery came out of nowhere and looked pretty similar to a lot of deliveries throughout the day that were closer to 150 than 160," McMillan said.

"I'm not sure if maybe the wrong button was pushed, but you'd have to ask Rossco whether it felt 10kph quicker than any other delivery he faced."

Mitchell Starc offers Craig McMillan net challenge | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow. what a knock by Taylor! Sad that he missed 300.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I love it when Steven Smith and Kane Williamson score runs. My two favourite batsmen right now...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
LOL. Run gluttony in progress. Scorecard seems to suggest they are playing in Kanpur and not Perth. Also, aren't these supposed to be two of the best bowling attacks in Test cricket ?

PokerAce

Banned
They are seemingly playing wherever the first Eng-Pak test was held. The pitch from the first three days was airlifter to Perth.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
One of the best bowlers of this generation ends his career.. Starc's emergence definitely accelerated MJ's departure. MJ didn't have the freedom to be an out-an-out attacking bowler anymore. His 2013/14 was probably the best season any bowler has had in the modern era. Hats off!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Mitchell Marsh.

Edited by swirler 1 minute ago

Last edited by a moderator:

PokerAce

Banned
Surprised absolutely no one is here on this forum.

Anyway, watching this test in between overs (Ind vs SA), and I think the worries about ball visibility seem to have perhaps been overstated. The ball very easy to spot, so far atleast anyway on TV. I know the key test will be under lights but so far on TV that ball is very easy to follow, if not easier.

Of course also await the players' reaction, and that of the spectators on the ground, where the main worry about visibility was. But so far on TV is all thumbs up.

I would love to have a day night test in India, but I think it may not be as easy, what with dew and all. Dew is a challenge enough in ODIs, but a test having its second half ruined with the ball too wet due to dew would be a real worry. But thats for another day.

Users who are viewing this thread