New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh October/November 2013

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just to but in, i'd just say NZ are poor in the sub-continent in general. This ODI series is the second time they have lost an ODI series in BANG in recent years. NZ just don't do well in Asia historically, of all the non-asian teams to win series in IND/PAK/SRI in any format NZ have either yet to win or barely have a few triumphs.

If NZ play BANG in NZ conditions or outside aside, NZ would topple them more often.

A full-strength NZ side is clearly superior to BANG @ full-strength.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
yes, but NZ are on a 7-0 losing streak against them in asia, it's not like bangladesh could do any worse than them when they're away from home.

all I'm saying, and forgive me if it's controversial, I'd like to see NZ actually beat them if they want to back that up.

ferg512

International Coach
yes, but NZ are on a 7-0 losing streak against them in asia, it's not like bangladesh could do any worse than them when they're away from home.

all I'm saying, and forgive me if it's controversial, I'd like to see NZ actually beat them if they want to back that up.

I would be very surprised if we lost a game to them outside of the sub-continent. There isn't really much we can do in terms of scheduling, we can't just make up series to benefit ourselves like India do. As for Bangladesh, really can't comment at all what direction they are going in unless they start to play a few series in England, South Africa and Australia. The only problem whether those countries can be bothered playing them or not.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors

Outside Bangladesh it's New Zealand 11, Bangladesh zip.

Just ftr Australia is the only team who has a positive record against us at home.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
i don't see what games played so long ago have to do with it when we're talking about how teams should be ranked today.

Last edited:

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Each spot of the world is just like home for NZ, if it is all about T20. They beat Asian teams in Asia many times.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
i don't see what games played so long ago have to do with it when we're talking about how teams should be ranked today.

Because we've always normally been shit in Asia, while since limited overs cricket has come along we've always normally been strong at home, and it's the same now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens this summer where we have ten ODIs against the West Indies and India, if we lose both of those series' then maybe we do deserve to be ranked below Bangladesh.

Atm though we have had more significant results over the last 12 months imo, beating two "tier one" teams away.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
well, according to this you are less robust at home than bangladesh over the last 3 years.

Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

incidently, take zimbabwe out of that and your record is even more appalling. (I filtered out all the other associates)

Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

your away wins against england and south africa were good though, (though I think we do have to keep in mind that neither of those teams are nearly as good at ODIs as they are in test cricket, SAF are down in 5th place)

but I think given the win loss ratios I've looked at and the results I'm still a bit confused. I'm wondering if the CT trophy (which bng don't get to take part in) and the WC (which bangladesh get a harsher seeding than NZ and NZ incidently did brilliantly in) have extra weighted ranking.

Users who are viewing this thread