New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh October/November 2013

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its ridiculous how many people can talk so highly about a player without them seeing him even bowl a ball. Simon Doull, Richardson, Crowe etc. have all talked about how he could become one of the greats of NZ cricket, which is completely ridiculous. Has there ever been a cricketer this over-hyped in any country? I must say I am a bit worried that things have just come far too easy for him so early in his career, hes making teams left, right and center without doing anything worthwhile on the field.

Ha reminds me of the kind of hype Ashton Agar was getting from the questionable AUS selectors recently before he played in the Ashes.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Pretty disappointing that the practice match has been completely abandoned, because most of our guys have been playing T20 cricket or no cricket.

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bangladesh are a piece of cake for New zealand.confirmly kiwis can take off tht bangladeshi tigers

u must not forget what bangladesh did to ur indian team in Asia CUP... and newzealand is still in fear that they might get another bangla wash (white wash)

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Cricket | New Zealand Set to Field Two Debutants | Stuff.co.nz

You have got to be kidding me, are his parents involved with selecting the team or something?? 7 wickets at 73 on the A tours... :facepalm

Yeah, I don't get why they don't just play Williamson as a genuine AR and bowl him properly, because he's more than likely going to do a better job than Sodhi will. By all reports those pitches on the A tour were as dead as anything though (I think 3/4 of them were draws), so I think he's a bit better than those stats suggest, but the chance of him being another Vettori is pretty unlikely. Nonetheless good luck to him, it's always fun watching a leggie bowl.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
We're playing a series at last, so I'll be watching. NZ are going to kill us in the tests 2-0, but I have some faith for the ODIs.

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah, I don't get why they don't just play Williamson as a genuine AR and bowl him properly, because he's more than likely going to do a better job than Sodhi will. By all reports those pitches on the A tour were as dead as anything though (I think 3/4 of them were draws), so I think he's a bit better than those stats suggest, but the chance of him being another Vettori is pretty unlikely. Nonetheless good luck to him, it's always fun watching a leggie bowl.

I understand him not taking many wickets but he was getting pounded, regularly going for 5 an over in the FC matches. I saw a couple of the ODIs against India A and he bowled quite a few knee high full tosses that got smashed into the stands. He is just far too raw to be playing test cricket, I do hope he does well I just don't like them throwing players into the deep end like this. I agree on Williamson as well, hes genuinely the best spinner we've got.

----------

Really not sure about the Dougie selection as well tbh, I know they don't want an overkill of left armers but Wagner is the kind of bowler who may actually do alright on flat surfaces.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Bracewell... will he ever learn? How hard is it to add six inches to your run up.

ferg512

International Coach
Bracewell... will he ever learn? How hard is it to add six inches to your run up.

I know it seems that easy but its actually far harder than that, I know well myself with having a no-ball problem. I think its actually his final stride it seems really long, like he stretches out too far. Pretty poor over from Martin there, I think its a bit of a joke they didn't pick Wagner. There is no reason why Williamson could not have been the second spinner.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I know it seems that easy but its actually far harder than that, I know well myself with having a no-ball problem. I think its actually his final stride it seems really long, like he stretches out too far. Pretty poor over from Martin there, I think its a bit of a joke they didn't pick Wagner. There is no reason why Williamson could not have been the second spinner.

He's a professional cricketer though, for someone getting paid over 50k a year to run in and bowl he shouldn't be overstepping.

I've got to have a go at McCullum here as well. In Trent Boult's three overs he didn't bowl a single ball to the left handed Haque. Surely McCullum had to give Boult an over at him, the way he got rid of Iqbal with ease.

ferg512

International Coach
He's a professional cricketer though, for someone getting paid over 50k a year to run in and bowl he shouldn't be overstepping.

I've got to have a go at McCullum here as well. In Trent Boult's three overs he didn't bowl a single ball to the left handed Haque. Surely McCullum had to give Boult an over at him, the way he got rid of Iqbal with ease.

Yeah, fair enough.

That seemed really dumb to me, I mean I know Boult was probably tired but surely you give him at least a 5 over spell, because once the ball gets about 15 overs old theres just no hope for the bowling side. Sodhi looked ok to me actually, I would hope this is Bruce Martins last test match tbh the guy just doesn't look up to this level.

ferg512

International Coach
The spinners have performed as expected really which has massively let us down. Now I'm realising how much I under appreciate Vettori, I mean at least he bowls maidens without taking wickets these guys do the same but go for four an over. Far too early to be playing Sodhi in a test, while Bruce Martin I'm afraid is just hopelessly out of his depth.

Users who are viewing this thread