Story New Zealand's Caribbean Battle - Stumps, Day 3 Up!

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
carribeanbattle.png

Preview Video:

Last edited by a moderator:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
There is a coming soon thread in the thread that is stickied. You should be using that until you are ready to start your story.

Spoobir

There is a coming soon thread in the thread that is stickied. You should be using that until you are ready to start your story.

Don't worry, will be starting pretty much immediately. Just wanted to get people interested.

Sorry!

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
No problem. That's fine now since you actually gave a proper title. The 'Coming Soon' title just made me think that you weren't actually starting it now.

Anyway, good luck with this :)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The presentation is awesome. I loved the way you presented the update in the form of an article in the newspaper. Great work!

And the preview video is absolutely fabulous. Sexy work there! :thumbs

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Loved that video. And loved that article (especially the Stuart Broad fact).

Good luck for this one, looks surely good.

Chater1703

School Cricketer
Looking foward to the first test, and i would have say that i wuld never get tired of slapping Pontings face ;)

Roofrom50

International Coach
First time i have read this, and it's a wonderful start. Getting us all into the action by that wonderful teaser video. Looking forward for this to start.

Spoobir

lunchbulletin.jpg

Welcome to lunch on the first days play of the first test match in this series between New Zealand and the West Indies. It was Chris Gayle who won the toss this morning and duly chose to bat on what we were told was a great cricket wicket, with plenty of bounce and pace. The final selections had been made and here were how the teams lined up at the start of the days play.

squads.png

*SPOILERS*Since there are videos highlights below most of the bulletins will be in spoiler code for people who want to watch without knowing what happens :cheers

Tim Southee had the perfect start to his series as he trapped Devon Smith in front with his first ball of the day. Bowling round the wicket he angled in straight at the stumps, we could be kind and say the ball straightened just a fraction but really it was a poor shot from Smith as he tried to glance the ball away to the leg side. Height was a consideration but the fact it hit his back leg was enough for the umpire, who seemed to take an age before finally raising his finger.

Meanwhile at the other end Chris Gayle was having a frustrating time getting the ball away due to the tight bowling of the New Zealand quicks. New man Sarwan however had no such troubles, hitting some lovely drives including a delightful on-drive to open the boundary account for the day.

Gayle's frustration must have been obvious to Iain O'Brien as well as he decided to pitch the ball up to tempt Gayle into some drives. Gayle obliged first time but was deceived by the inswinger and almost bowled through the gate! This was enough for O'Brien and he again pitched it up and Gayle again attempted the drive, this time to an outswinger causing an edge right to the slips and Tim McIntosh who took a smart catch to his left. West Indies were 2 down for 16.

So it was once again time for the anchor of so many West Indies innings, Chanderpaul to come to steady the ship again. He and Sarwan set to work rebuilding, boundaries were rare but Chanderpaul hit a couple of great late cuts through the gap at 3rd man. The two veteran batsman ran hard however and despite not being able to reach the rope with regularity they brought up the 50 partnership.

After their great start to the the day the New Zealand bowlers started to look a little flat with no real opportunities created as the shine wore off the ball. The closest they came was when Chanderpaul played a rare flashy stroke at a short and wide one and nearly edged the ball onto his own stumps! Vettori brought himself on to bowl one over before lunch in an attempt to make the crucial breakthough and although he got some bounce there was no turn to trouble the batsmen and they made it safely to the interval.

Lunch West Indies 82 for 2 (Sarwan 41*, Chanderpaul 29*)

Scorecards:
battingm.jpg

bowlingp.jpg

Video Highlights:
(Be sure to set the quality as high as it will go.)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Gee that first LBW wicket didn't look out to me. Look to have more bounce then first expected. But i can't overrule hawkeye :p

Chater1703

School Cricketer
This is brilliant haha, the highlights are superb. As for the match, it looks an even match and should be a good test match.

Users who are viewing this thread