Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Everyone,

A new patch is now available on Nintendo Switch. The patch is wide ranging and adds a number of requested features and improvements to the Switch edition of the game, as well as resolving a number of crashes that people were experiencing.

Patch notes are as follows -

Improvements to load times
Removed requirement for Nintendo Online subscription to access Community
Resolved issue during career cap presentation cut scene
Fixed issue with Add Player not showing correct player list
Add option to search Community for only players with PlayFace
Resolved issues in Quick Tactics menu
Added option for different pitch marker colours
Added updated official player likenesses
Additional manager screens added to career.
Added more training options to career.
Improved Select Next Batter/Bowler screens.
Added Broadcast 3 as Running camera.
Batting Mid camera added.
Improved Batting Pro Mode camera.
General camera improvements.
Added licensed Kingsport bats.
Adjustments/improvements to various animations and cut scenes
Improvements and fixes to UI
Performance Improvements
Stability improvements and more
Work is ongoing for the next and future updates to the Nintendo Switch.

Apologies for the delays in getting you this update, and thanks for playing.

imhassan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Thanks for the update Matt. I might finally buy the game on my Switch.

Would future updates be quicker for Nintendo Switch or would we still have to face delays?

Amritkhaira

School Cricketer
Is the patch up to date with ps4 and xbox till date or any features too included in this which are missing in ps4 as of now.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Would future updates be quicker for Nintendo Switch or would we still have to face delays?
Quicker, because there were some specific circumstances to this patch, owing to the changes made regarding community access, that caused a longer than typical release delay. They will however be slower than we are able to do on other platforms, but the goal is to keep it as up to date as possible within those constraints.

Is the patch up to date with ps4 and xbox till date or any features too included in this which are missing in ps4 as of now.
No - this patch is brings the Switch up to where the game was on PS4/Xbox prior to the 'Patch 1.08' detailed here. So the items listed in that post, and some fixes made subsequently will not yet be available on Switch.

A patch to do that is currently in the process of being assembled, but I can't give time estimates.

Amritkhaira

School Cricketer
Quicker, because there were some specific circumstances to this patch, owing to the changes made regarding community access, that caused a longer than typical release delay. They will however be slower than we are able to do on other platforms, but the goal is to keep it as up to date as possible within those constraints.

No - this patch is brings the Switch up to where the game was on PS4/Xbox prior to the 'Patch 1.08' detailed here. So the items listed in that post, and some fixes made subsequently will not yet be available on Switch.

A patch to do that is currently in the process of being assembled, but I can't give time estimates.
Added option of different pitch marker colours is this option there in ps4 latest version cant find it how to apply it.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
In this patch a major issue that I have found that I did not see in 1.0.1 is not able to play the shots where I want to.

For example, I want to play an on drive, I press the buttons for that shot and the ball goes in that direction by my animation is cover drive.

Also I am getting a lot of ball going through the bat and hitting in opposite direction of my intended shot. @MattW @Dutch @Snowy did you see this problem in previous patches? I know Switch is not current and might be resolved in the next patch.

D

Dutch

In this patch a major issue that I have found that I did not see in 1.0.1 is not able to play the shots where I want to.

For example, I want to play an on drive, I press the buttons for that shot and the ball goes in that direction by my animation is cover drive.

Also I am getting a lot of ball going through the bat and hitting in opposite direction of my intended shot. @MattW @Dutch @Snowy did you see this problem in previous patches? I know Switch is not current and might be resolved in the next patch.
I havent seen this to be honest at all.....so it has either been patched already on the builds I have or is a Switch issue?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I havent seen this to be honest at all.....so it has either been patched already on the builds I have or is a Switch issue?
Could be a Switch issue. Everything else seems exactly as mentioned in the patch notes, but this is a bummer since it makes the game playable with correct animation one dimensional and in one area. Again it does not happen every delivery but it happens more often then it should. I wish I understood how to properly time the switch video recording to show it here.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Drive to mid off with a bat angled towards cover is there in the game.. Its not technical issue more the animation part showing the bat wrong.. Has been there since Ashes.. But for some animation style its correct I think..

But on drive like you mentioned could be an issue of timing cover drive early which might get inside part of bat and go towards mid on..

Users who are viewing this thread