FTP: Noob thread

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ok I decided to sign up so I have a few noob questions.

Is there anyway to add talents to a player or is what I see what I get?
If my batter has a bowling talent like bouncer will he still be a good batter?
What is the minimum I should be training and what is the minimum skills to be training for an all rounder? I read you need to have batting=technique for an all rounder (haven't got down to the bowling all rounder).

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm new too, but I think I have some answers.

Is there anyway to add talents to a player or is what I see what I get?

What you see should be what you get. However, maybe you can add things when you strength train, for example. I don't really know though.

If my batter has a bowling talent like bouncer will he still be a good batter?

Yes. Just because you can bowl a bouncer doesn't make you a bad batsman.

What is the minimum I should be training and what is the minimum skills to be training for an all rounder? I read you need to have batting=technique for an all rounder (haven't got down to the bowling all rounder).

I don't know, I have a few bad players who I am training, but I will sell or get rid of them soon.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
1. No you can't add talents. What you see is what you get. Player's are born with them.

2. I would say that he would still be a good batsman (probably the same as if he didn't have any talents). He just has the talent to bowl the bouncer.

3. I don't know what you mean since everyone is trained in your team. All rounders should be about reasonable batting and close to your bowling. (I have one all rounder who was reasonable batting and reliable bowling (WS) who has got some power, endurance, technique and fielding. Most of my bowling attack has accomplished with 1 expert.

Edit: Some tips for training:
1. Try and keep technique within one level of primary
2. Having good primary and technique doesn't make them a great player (Train fielding a bit for everyone so the minimum level is around poor/ordinary. Train endurance for everyone, give them some fitness training. Train pace bowlers and players who bat a fair bit with power.)
3. Use the last few weeks of the season to train secondaries.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
3. I don't know what you mean since everyone is trained in your team. All rounders should be about reasonable batting and close to your bowling. (I have one all rounder who was reasonable batting and reliable bowling (WS) who has got some power, endurance, technique and fielding. Most of my bowling attack has accomplished with 1 expert.

Put it another way what is the lowest skill before you fire a player. I'm reading Poor is alright.
How much cash do you get for newbies per week and how much should I be spending on the TM without going broke. I have 200k.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Put it another way what is the lowest skill before you fire a player. I'm reading Poor is alright.
How much cash do you get for newbies per week and how much should I be spending on the TM without going broke. I have 200k.

I'd buy one or two average or so players if you don't have them, for your youths probably, and train them. Poor is ok for a youth in a new team, like me and you. It can be trained up, but if it's not in youths, I wouldn't really bother.

EDIT: How much do you have in your academies? The more you put in, the quicker your players train.

I've got 9k in seniors and 20k in youths, per week. I'll be looking to put it up more when I pay off my stadium upgrades and get some more dosh.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Don't bother investing. I don't and I have 350K and had spent 300K on my expert bowler like 2 weeks ago. It doesn't effect the training that much.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Don't bother investing. I don't and I have 350K and had spent 300K on my expert bowler like 2 weeks ago. It doesn't effect the training that much.

Really? It says in the rules the more money you put in the quicker they train. I'm definitely keeping my money in them, especially youths.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
yeah. That is true but there is not much difference. Maybe 2 weeks between the lowest and highest levels.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A few more questions. How long is a season and what week are currently?
Is there some popping time guide like what BT has?
And could you give me a rough guide for the market value of players. Like average batter 1k

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Go to matches and it will show all the matches for the season. I think it was 14 weeks. Because of the academies effecting popping times a little, no popping guides have been made.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just got one question.

1/ Can you actually go broke or 'game over' if you overspend too much. Because yesterday was the first time I actually started spending my money. I think all up I spent around 150k.

Users who are viewing this thread