Nov 25-29: 1st Test: Australia v England at Brisbane

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
200!

ZoraxDoom added 12 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

England are essentially 4/1 in a 2 innings, 2 day dog fight...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
200!

ZoraxDoom added 12 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

England are essentially 4/1 in a 2 innings, 2 day dog fight...

Test cricket at its best coming up if England can keep this up and get a decent lead over the Aussies. This is more like it, England!!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
238/1 and it's tea. Cook on 98*
They lead by 17 runs with 9 wickets in hand.

So it's 17/1 with 1 day and a session left.

A draw is looking extremely likely.

Still, its been a brilliant match.

33 overs in the last session, 90 overs tomorrow. What are the odds that England can bowl Australia out in 2 sessions? If they bat for another 70 overs at this rate, they have a lead of 230.

50 overs, 230 to win, fifth day wicket. How I'd love to see that.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Don't know if Strauss would be that generous but he should be considering how unstable our batting can be. Get the openers throw in Ponting and anything can happen especially with an injured Clarke. Although he showed a lot of fight against Victoria which is more than can be said for some of our players at times.

Still we should be looking to bowl them out, need one of our bowlers to stand up and be counted. We are due a career saving 5 fer from Johnson.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
North has been Australia's most dangerous bowler this innings.

Lol.

Also...two dropped catches. Didn't see Siddle's drop but Clarke's was barely a half a chance, did brilliantly to catch it in the first place, but spilled it on landing.

England giving Australia a taste of their own medicine.

Love it.

Mitch probably did drop the Ashes.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Johnson will get lots of wickets. The current pitch with the dryness and the pace suits him the best. Also if Siddle can land the balls on the cracks like he did at the SCG 2 years ago he will be a handful.
402 in your flinging dreams.
Easily possible

Good luck to you mate, that's all I can say.
I can't believe what I am reading here. This is the Gabba pitch not the subcontinent.
As the pitch starts to crumble and the cracks start to form, we will need to bowl leg stump half volleys for England to keep up a run rate of 3. I think England will just be playing to survive this whole day (unless KP has other plans).

Well done with your predictions there.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Only thing making this watchable for me is I like Cook. Even when he does bat slow. He's the English Katich, and I love katman.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Speaking of Katich...can't hurt to give him a bowl now, can it?

Spinning hand strapped up.

Well batted Cooky. Just a shame the rest of the team didn't collapse around you, all scoring ducks, while you went on to get another 100 runs before running out of partners like I so optimistically predicted.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Great to see England fight back in this match, enjoyed every bit of the counter attack by Strauss and Cook after the 1st hour.

This is how you fight back! Also good to see how the England players support each other and play as a team (dressing room celebrations at Cook century)!

Now only if Swann can do his magic tomorrow..

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
What are the odds England bat for a session and a half and declare?

I'm thinking they're going to bat on till losing isn't possible, and then declare and hope that Jimmy and Swann can spark a miraculous win. If not, the draw will suit them.

I'm hoping for an aggressive declaration, but it does seem unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread