Nov 5-7: Western Australia v England XI at Perth

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He should be playing this match as he needs all the practice he can get for the longer format. We know hes still got it in the ODI arena but Test is another story.

Yea, this is mistake the selectors & pundits are making with Huss.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Well, it wouldn't be an Ashes tour without us struggling in the warmup games. Hopefully Morgan finds a way to outplay Bell to keep him out of the eleven. I hate the way Bell is talking about peaking, as though he thinks he's guarenteed to play.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully Morgan finds a way to outplay Bell to keep him out of the eleven. I hate the way Bell is talking about peaking, as though he thinks he's guarenteed to play.

Well he is.

Bell had a stellar year and to drop him now would just be plain odd. Added to the fact that Morgan hardly came in and looked settled in the Test arena.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Bell had a stellar year doing what? Beating up on Bangladesh and County bowling attacks? I'm not doubting that the guy is talented, but how many times does he get to fail before he isn't guarenteed his spot?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Bell had a stellar year doing what? Beating up on Bangladesh and County bowling attacks? I'm not doubting that the guy is talented, but how many times does he get to fail before he isn't guarenteed his spot?

South Africa last year?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
So what, a couple of decent knocks and a (no pressure) century? If it was a question of picking someone to walk in with the score at 300-4, I'd pick him every day of the week. But it's not. I'd seriously question his temperment when the pressure is on and the fact that he obviously feels guarenteed to play, really doesn't help.

These warmup games should be pressure games, to play well to play in the tests. Which would then help us to see who does best under that pressure. Yet Bell, knows, most likely, that he's going to play in the Tests, he can walk in against some Aussie domestic side with an average bowling attack, get some runs and not worry again, no matter how badly he does when the real cricket starts.

It's the major issue with our side at the moment. A Clique.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Averaging 44 with a century in South Africa is not to be sniffed at even averaging over 100 against Bangladesh isn't to be sniffed at.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Bit of a shame we're not playing Bangladesh in South Africa then..... :p

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I know for certain that one is (Australia A vs England I think) the others I have no idea. I hope they are though.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
AHHHH, too much cricket going on! It's too hard to follow! India-New Zealand, Pakistan-South Africa, Australia-Sri Lanka and now England warm ups.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wish they used the Shield live stream for this match. Anyway would brighten up my day to see England struggle, need something positive as it has been a devastating few months for Aussie cricket.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Well if I read this right, WA have lost 2 for none. Broad 2 wickets in his first over...This should be a good test for Marcus North.

Users who are viewing this thread