November 07 TAOC Video Released !

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
However, can i clarify that the free cam is available at any time, rather than EA just when you are viewing a replay. Also EA's replay free cam is rather limited in tilt and zoom. TAOC is a totally free cam

Yeah. but, You Should Make Sure that You have Seamless Textures of Buildings And City Pics Outside the Stadium In Place as It would look a Bit weird If we Zoom Out totally and see Stadium Floating in the Air and Sky Below....Just like Triple Play 2000?, Remember?:).

BTW, Cameras Can Be More Realistic.

*While Ball is Reaching the Fence. The Camera's' Should Be More Focused and Zoomed on the Ball. Either way, Presently, They Look More Similar to the Ones EA Had used in The EA Cricket 2000.

But, I'm Loving the Physics Mate. Absolute Sensation.:D.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Yeah. but, You Should Make Sure that You have Seamless Textures of Buildings And City Pics Outside the Stadium In Place as It would look a Bit weird If we Zoom Out totally and see Stadium Floating in the Air and Sky Below....Just like Triple Play 2000?, Remember?:).

BTW, Cameras Can Be More Realistic.

*While Ball is Reaching the Fence. The Camera's' Should Be More Focused and Zoomed on the Ball. Either way, Presently, They Look More Similar to the Ones EA Had used in The EA Cricket 2000.

But, I'm Loving the Physics Mate. Absolute Sensation.:D.

There would be limits to the free cam, i should clarify that, so you could move freely around the stadiums within the limits, which would be generous, but for example, you wont be able to zoom through the ground or into space or so far out that you can see the floating in space etc ;)

lol

khan31

International Coach
looking good. eager to see how the fielding will turn out. looks very promising!

Toecrusher

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
is it possible to make the fast bowling less loopy? Fast bowler deliveries seem to have a parabolic path, similar to how a spinner would bowl with flight...

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
is it possible to make the fast bowling less loopy? Fast bowler deliveries seem to have a parabolic path, similar to how a spinner would bowl with flight...

well...most the deliveries were SLOWER deliveries....hence, the loop...
if you want to see the fast non-looping one....then check it out
at 0:50 Secs in the video !:)

StephenFleming

School Cricketer
Looks good, but would be nice to see the batsmen have the back and across movement rather than just stand there and play like Sinclair without moving his feet.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
we are not proud of the gfx and tbh...if we had a great gfx engine which would be
affordable, we would have changed it long back....but now it would be
pointless and foolish to change the engine considering we have come so far !

also, am not really surprised with their reactions tbh......because in the era where the developers are more interested in showing
high (but not essential) detailed armpit hair, dandruff and wrinkles/freckles :rolleyes:
instead of putting more emphasis on gameplay (which is degrading game by game)

Quoted for Truth.

A bit late to the party, but just seen the video. The shots are absolutely fantastic. I'm assuming the fielders are Pakistani, in which case, very realistic. ;)

My biggest problem with the game is, and always has been, the bowler's run up. Is there any way to make it more fluid?

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Quoted for Truth.

A bit late to the party, but just seen the video. The shots are absolutely fantastic. I'm assuming the fielders are Pakistani, in which case, very realistic. ;)

My biggest problem with the game is, and always has been, the bowler's run up. Is there any way to make it more fluid?

I can personally guarantee that the bowling animations will be revisited and the follow through in particular will be fixed. The runup itself is more difficult. Very hard to do a fluid running animation by hand (not motion captured)...but if it looks dodgy for the fielders too then i will have no choice but to try and make it better...

LM

Prince EWS

aka Andrew Symonds
My only real criticism here is the footwork of the batsmen when hitting straight, really. The bowling looks fine (especially once you taken into consideration that a lot of the balls were slower balls) and the cover drive animation looks great as well, but I feel the batsmen just get a bit too leg side of the ball and play shots that look too cross batted down the ground. I think the footwork should be more exaggerated in order to get the batsmen in line with the ball properly. This would allow them to play straight rather than these bottom-hand dominant things we see currently when they play down the ground.

DiscoStu76

School Cricketer
Guys keep in mind these kind of things are cosmetic. LM could forever spend time on tweaking these animations and would never get anything else done.

I think he is doing the right thing and concentrating on priorities and completing the major pieces of the puzzle that are as yet incomplete - such as fielding.

If anyone else says anything about batsmens footwork I'll beat them haha

:whip

Prince EWS

aka Andrew Symonds
Guys keep in mind these kind of things are cosmetic. LM could forever spend time on tweaking these animations and would never get anything else done.

I understand that, but what else can people comment on after viewing a video preview than cosmetics? Videos are released and comments are encouraged so obviously cosmetics are going to get some air time in these threads. We can't really comment on the gameplay as we aren't playing it; we're just watching a demo of it. We can only comment on the cosmetics at this stage.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I understand that, but what else can people comment on after viewing a video preview than cosmetics? Videos are released and comments are encouraged so obviously cosmetics are going to get some air time in these threads. We can't really comment on the gameplay as we aren't playing it; we're just watching a demo of it. We can only comment on the cosmetics at this stage.

That's not entirely true. You can comment on the ball physics and other things. Otherwise it would be like saying that by watching a cricket match, you could only tell what the weather was like on the day, and not know anything about the game.

Prince EWS

aka Andrew Symonds
That's not entirely true. You can comment on the ball physics and other things. Otherwise it would be like saying that by watching a cricket match, you could only tell what the weather was like on the day, and not know anything about the game.
Ball physics = cosmetics from where I sit.

Users who are viewing this thread