Rugby League Nrl 2012

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Are you David Gallop in disguise? :p Stewart had a mixed game good in attack but looked really dodgy regathering the ball. Brett doesn't look as dangerous as he was a few seasons ago but no complaints with him at fullback for the time being. Although I wouldn't have complained if Mini was picked at the start of the series, he is having his best season in years.

Yea Brett Morris is the one at the Dragons, he had a shocker last time he played SOO and he's now playing at fullback however like the Dragons he has done little of note.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lol :p I can't remember when exactly I started passionately hating the Stewarts, especially Brett, but every time I see them, they're doing something that aggravates the hell out of me. The Manly v. Storm game where Brett blindsided a guy with a flying clothesline, then hid behind his brother and two teammates is a prime example of how big a dick he is.

Minichello's injuries really set him back after '04 I think it was when he was voted best player in the world. Hasn't looked himself since then, but yeah has had a decent season thus far.

Didn't know Dragons Morris had been playing fullback either, probably best not to pick him on the wing then. They've done it with Hayne, but I agree with the notion that he's got that x-factor and needs to be picked somewhere.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Damn, Uate dropped for Dragons Morris. Probably not a bad move, bias aside.

Not too keen on Williams again. He barely lasted 5 minutes in Origin I before injury struck, probably because he'd been sitting on his ass the last 7 weeks. Hopefully he's just there to compete with Scott in case G. Stewart doesn't man up.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Game over, well done ref :clap You know it's ridiculous when even Lewis says it's not a try.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Another pathetic series decided by the ref. Don't know why I still watch this stupid game. Even Meninga would have done a better job reffing these games.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
How things have changed in the space of a couple of months. Tigers will struggle to make the 8 now and the Raiders look good for the 8 bar a choke in Auckland.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah our defence has been a massive problem for a few months now, but I've hardly been caring much since the origin period.

The onfield refs haven't been too bad, but the video refs are constantly making what look like massive errors to me. Not just all the inconsistent shepherd rulings, but seemingly obvious knock-ons and interference.

The world lost one of their biggest Tigers supporters too, so it's no surprise they played so bad against the Roosters.

Pretty tough loss to take for the Sharks against Melbourne too, hopefully can bounce back and have a good run in the finals.

Good to see the Raiders turning things around, I tipped them to be fighting for the spoon when Campo went down early in the season again. Don't think I've seen that Edrick guy for awhile though. Must be injured I guess.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Pretty happy about Manly going down last night, but will take another bullet next week before I'm satisfied.

Sharks v. Storm final would be ideal for me, but otherwise I could handle the Bunnies or Raiders.

I don't like the Raiders chances beyond next week though. Will be a massive challenge for the Sharkies tomorrow at Canberra stadium though.

Broncos have been abysmal and without Lockyer, I'm writing them off. Would take an absolute shocker from Thurston and blinders from Parker and Hodges to scrape a victory tonight.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Everything was going to plan until yesterday. Raiders were probably still going to win, especially when Carney went down, but fearsome tweak me if that wasn't one of the worst ref'd games.

Bulldogs will be pretty happy with facing the winner of a fairly soft Rabbits vs. Raiders final. Given the Dogs tendency to choke like South Africa and NZ come finals time, and the Bunnies poor show, it might worth chucking some money down on the Raiders to make the final though.

Cowboys should easily smoke Manly, but the Storm's final experience should see them through to yet another grand final.

Dream final: Storm vs. Raiders
Likely: Storm vs. Bulldogs

Plenty of interest for me in the U19's too. Tigers upset the Dogs to seal their place in the semi's. Some awesome work from our new diamond in the rough Coroibede, has one of the best fends I've ever seen. The Raiders/Warriors game yesterday was a cracker too. Edrick Lee was on fire in the first half, but Milford ended up outshining him with some second half brilliance to steal the win.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
There's just something about stepping inside that video ref box that instantly makes you blind and/or stupid. I missed Manly's opening two tries, but the two match winners after were beyond ridiculous. Are the refs really that stupid, or are there some under the table dealings going on? Either way, they're turning the game into a joke.

Luckily, even with the refs in their back pocket, Manly has zero chance of beating the Storm next week.

Really hope the Raiders can get up today. Tough ask with Croker on the sidelines now though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Certainly was some dodgy calls, I missed the the last 2 tries but there were forward passes being missed which were clear as day.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, the top two qualifiers in the Toyota Cup finals (Warriors and Dogs) both lost back to back matches and are now gone.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
kerpluck yeah, Tigers into the grand final :clap Toyota Cup that is.

Could be a classic Edrick vs. Koroibete winger battle next week if the Raiders can get over the Drags in the second semi. I wouldn't mind being the ones to break the hearts of the handful of Dragon's fans too though, so I'm kind of divided.

and go the Storm

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Anyone have any predictions about how much over the salary cap the Storm are? :spy

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
2 million :p
Well played Storm they were clinical as usual, did enough to get their lead and held on from there. Dogs were pretty much reliant on Barba and he certainly gave it his all.

Users who are viewing this thread