Oct 1 - New Zealand v West Indies

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think they picked the wrong Bravo. Pretty disappointing batting from the Windies after the decent start from Gayle.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
So WI who were one of the tournament Favorites will be eliminated if they lose but NZL will still depending on the 2nd match of the day if they win.

Not a good planning by WI.They never looked to achieve a set total,were going to hit every single ball that's why couldn't utilized the good start provided by the openers

spooony

Club Captain
Why were they the favorites? Must be a bookie high on smack that made them the favorites :lol

ferg512

International Coach
I'll also just chime in with a little ol McCullum bashing, he continues to be a minnow basher and nothing more (it really is making me sick the way the commentators go on about him). If he does nothing against the Windies in the last game, this tournament will be a repeat of his batting in the 2011 WC where he ended up with an average of 50 despite having a horrid tournament apart from smashing Kenya and Canada around a bit.

Posted from the Eng NZ thread, unsurprisingly I was right. If either of these two get out in the next 7-8 overs then its over.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Southee needs to bowl better in super over than last time.they've got a good total to defend.i hope he doesnt bowl wides

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
WI did it! What hitting in the superover. Just wow!

----------

The next is the all important game for their group now.

England vs Srilanka.

If England wins, England and Srilanka qualify for the semis.

If Srilanka wins, WI and SL go through.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
that's kept things slightly interesting for the last match.

a tied match has done nothing for the windies NRR though, sri lanka are almost definitely safe.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I thought the Windies had butchered it when they went to Samuels for the last over and then the super over :facepalm Brilliant by Narine at the death, but probably not enough to save my fantasy team.

Just hope the Lankans do the business on England now, which is looking likely, especially if dangerman Wright falls early.

ferg512

International Coach
I'm still a bit dirty about us not getting any points at all for 2 ties. I know this seems like sour grapes but I would say the same if we were the ones benefiting. Why can't they just leave the super over to knockout games or something.

Users who are viewing this thread